Lambs & Lions, Rams & Peugeots

March is coming in like a lamb here in my corner of the world. A good bit of snow should melt off today. Looking forward to milder weather and seeing some cool vehicles on the road. Post your spots here, folks!

Was behind a giant burnt-orange Ford Super Duty, waiting at a light on U.S. Rt 1. What caught my eye was the Michigan Manufacturer plate. When it turned into the Ford dealer 1000' later, I caught a backwards glimpse of a completely different 2-bar grille in the vein of the Interceptor concept, and a different (smaller, higher) front fender vent. Special package (then why all the way from MI ?), or tease of 2011 ??

Was behind a giant burnt-orange Ford Super Duty, waiting at a light on U.S. Rt 1. What caught my eye was the Michigan Manufacturer plate. When it turned into the Ford dealer 1000' later, I caught a backwards glimpse of a completely different 2-bar grille in the vein of the Interceptor concept, and a different (smaller, higher) front fender vent. Special package (then why all the way from MI ?), or tease of 2011 ??

Sounds like the 2011 model..it's supposed to be out in the spring.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/24/2011-ford-super-duty-debuts-at-texas-state-fair-with-two-new-eng/

2011fordsuperduty_1_opt.jpg

On the thread, saw a dark gray '10 Camaro SS w/ bright yellow stripes and black custom wheels.

Today, I saw a Hyundai Genesis sedan with an unfamiliar grille. All it had was the chrome outline with a Genesis logo at the top... completely blacked out inside. Anyone else seen one of these on the road?

1400-b104-09ae_fv.jpg

Today, I saw a Hyundai Genesis sedan with an unfamiliar grille. All it had was the chrome outline with a Genesis logo at the top... completely blacked out inside. Anyone else seen one of these on the road?

Interesting...aftermarket grille, I presume..kind of gives it a Camry look.

Pizza Hut delivery guy tonight was driving a late model Chevy Silverado HD diesel 4x4 crew cab long bed, dark blue, lifted on 35 inch tires on black & chrome wheels, big custom bull bar on the front, 1/2 dozen extra lights...

This morning on the commute saw a sharp dark blue w/ white top '68 Impala convertible and a white '70-72 Camaro SS w/ black stripes...saw them ahead of me at the same time, in parallel lanes. Nice to see some oldies out and about amidst the usual FWD generica, trucks, and SUVs of the morning freeway slog.

Waiting to enter the highway @ a light, got to watch a new sonata (& the current maxima right behind it) come thru the looping jughandle. Frankly, while certainly swoopy, I find it to be too much so: too much flamboyancy for the segment, which is pretty down to earth. The swoopiness makes the wheels look terribly small.

This should've been the genesis design, unfortunately (just longer, & w/ much bigger rims). And it really wasn't any more impressive than the maxima -esp when you read that it's trying too hard- just different. Meh.

On the afternoon commute I saw an 'Avalade'--a black current gen Avalanche that had had all the regular badging removed, Cadillac wreath & crests and 'Escalade' badging added, and a faux-Escalade chrome grille added. Strange.

An International in beautiful unmolested condition. White and "That Ugly '70" green with a cap on the bed. Looked a lot like this one but not jacked up. Grill was painted white though.

1239049776_Jeff_Jackson_International_Harvester_Pickup.jpg

Has anyone seen one of these yet? Chrysler called, they want their grill back.

th_Lonestar20Silver.jpg

An International in beautiful unmolested condition. White and "That Ugly '70" green with a cap on the bed. Looked a lot like this one but not jacked up. Grill was painted white though.

Those old Internationals are neat..I used to see a crew cab pickup one in that green back in Colorado Springs.

Has anyone seen one of these yet? Chrysler called, they want their grill back.

th_Lonestar20Silver.jpg

The Lonestar is pretty cool..the grille is supposed to be evocative of a '30s International truck. Reminds me of the PT Cruiser front end scaled up.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

1400-b104-09ae_fv.jpg

Much better looking than the Klingon-forehead grille ;)

I saw a refrigerator-white A5 sportback this morning. Not impressed: the 2-door A5 is stunning, but the 5-door not so much...

The Lonestar is pretty cool..the grille is supposed to be evocative of a '30s International truck. Reminds me of the PT Cruiser front end scaled up.

NavPickuplo.jpg

In case you're wondering what inspired the LoneStar's distinctive grille and sloped hood it seems the answer is that Navistar's designers leaned heavily towards International’s old D-Series trucks, pictured above and below, which helped transform America’s cross-country transportation in the early 20th Century. LoneStar production starts in August with deliveries to customers in fall 2008.

LoneStar_DMAXX%2BSide%2Bby%2BSide_HI.jpg

Link: http://www.roadtransport.com/blogs/big-lorry-blog/2008/02/international-lonestar-makes-d.html

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

55 degrees here today, people are feelin' like Spring. Saw a very nice aqua '65 Malibu convertible, a clean red 240SX convertible, and a rattly green VW Cabrio, all with tops down.

Nice sunny spring weather here yesterday, though rainy today. Saw two clean '65 Mustangs--a white coupe w/ red interior and a silver blue coupe. Saw a '63-64 or so Rambler Classic 4dr, hard to tell the color..looked like a faded silver blue or green. Probably the original paint.

"My" old BG dealer has a Cyber Gray/Black Terrain SLE-1 AWD with no options ($26,745 MSRP) sitting open, outside. While I was there within a 10 minute period, 3 different people came in, looked, and sat in it. I did the same. What a cool little CUV it is. If I had another 2 grand saved, sigh...

"My" old BG dealer has a Cyber Gray/Black Terrain SLE-1 AWD with no options ($26,745 MSRP) sitting open, outside. While I was there within a 10 minute period, 3 different people came in, looked, and sat in it. I did the same. What a cool little CUV it is. If I had another 2 grand saved, sigh...

I enjoy when they randomly leave thing unlocked on the lot...though the local dealer, cough, has repeatedly left things not only unlocked but with the keys & fobs right in the ignition too. Thankfully no one else bothered to try the door handles on those Enclaves a few weeks back, like I did... :o

Edited by caddycruiser

I enjoy when they randomly leave thing unlocked on the lot...though the local dealer, cough, has repeatedly left things not only unlocked but with the keys & fobs right in the ignition too. Thankfully no one else bothered to try the door handles on those Enclaves a few weeks back, like I did... :o

Fun... I miss living where car dealers are closed on Sundays, when I could wander around and look at the cars..remember going to a BPG dealer a few years ago,there were five indentical yr old DTSes on the lot, unlocked. 2 unlocked GTOs also.

Fun... I miss living where car dealers are closed on Sundays, when I could wander around and look at the cars..remember going to a BPG dealer a few years ago,there were five indentical yr old DTSes on the lot, unlocked. 2 unlocked GTOs also.

The dealership I deal with leaves all their used cars unlocked on the lot... I guess they can get away with that because the lot is secured after hours.

The dealership I deal with leaves all their used cars unlocked on the lot... I guess they can get away with that because the lot is secured after hours.

It's not so much a problem for most dealers...unless like the local, you have brainiacs who leave freshly PDI'd & prepped new vehicles not only unlocked, but with keys in the ignition. Open the door to look & "ding-ding-ding"... :blink:

I'm always paranoid there's a camera on me, though. This Terrain, I believe, was left open on purpose. It was parked perpendicular to the rest of the vehicles in the row, and they've done this before a while back, I posted about it then.

I'm always paranoid there's a camera on me, though. This Terrain, I believe, was left open on purpose. It was parked perpendicular to the rest of the vehicles in the row, and they've done this before a while back, I posted about it then.

Sometimes yes. Keys in the ignitions? That's a whole other case of pure stupidity :AH-HA:

Went for a drive at lunch today & decided to stop at Home Depot. Pull into the turning lane & what's sitting in front of me? Carbon copy twin '08 Avalanche Z71, but in steel blue. Gave each other the nod.

Then looked across the road and saw Camaro-a-plenty...wow, all of a sudden inventory is actually becoming inventory. Like rows of them. Good thing the local dealer likes to order bleh combos, for the most part, they'll be there a while...heh.

Also followed a Sport Red '09 G8 V6...never see them when I have one...trade it away, and there they all appear.

Saw a very clean '68 Olds Cutlass 2dr ht in white w/ black top, white and black interior. White wall tires, hubcaps.

Saw a very clean '81-85 Impala 4dr in a burnt orange (was an '81 Chevette color also) with black steel wheels and hubcaps. '80s detective car look..very sweet.

Saw two clean '65-66 Mustang coupes in a driveway, one a pale yellow, the other dark red...haven't seen them before, and less than a mile from home.

Orange Lotus Elis first thing yesterday morning, covered in dewy frost. Really stood out on the road.

Then last evening a maroon-brown new Bentley Continental Flying Spur, as I was cruising down to Bethany Beach.

Driving back home from Salisbury, MD around noon and on back roads, a new red Honda Accord Crosstour passed me. Gangly, for sure, but it actually...punch me, I know...looks like a nice package. Oddly, the shapes and such work better together than the cobbled mishmash sedan Accord look.

Then on the same road, it was like a GMT-900 parade. Me in the Av, with 3 new Silverado's, then a Denali, then a Tahoe LTZ, then Suburban LTZ in a row all going the opposite direction. Nice. I like being just a little bit special in a Z71 glitzed up Av. Hottest trucks on the road.

Last night passed a Linen Gold '10 SRX with the 20" chromes. Awesome look. The biggest part to note, vs. another 1 or 2 I've seen, Cadillac NEEDS to stop doing horrific silver painted, gaudy and cheap looking base and mid level wheels. A "typical" SRX with the standard puke-worthy silver wheels almost ruins the whole look of the vehicle, in a way the upgraded machined and chromed larger wheels make it sizzle. The gold one with chromes looked so crisp, modern and cool leading a string of average other random-ness behind it.

Another from today. Coming up to a red light, in the rain, saw this. WOW, do these beauties stand out in traffic. Just stunning. Buick needs more like this, as does all of GM. I love new GM's that just "pop" at you in traffic.

1-1.jpg

And then at Wawa, walking out the Pepsi guy looked at me and said "nice parking there...heh" and I saw the Silverado front in a parking space, back on the curb. As I said "eh, he probably didn't even feel it". As I was pulling out, it was an old guy buying milk. Of course.

1-2.jpg