Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Not many of theseThe Hardtop

• 1 year later...

Look great I just wish they could have solved the little things like getting the roof in the back.

I'm not sure what you mean - it's the same targa-type roof like in the Corvette.

The engineers on the progam told me the roof was 31lbs. Not terrible, but it's probably a two man job to get it stowed in the trunk safely.

I'd love to find one, even an auto.

Look great I just wish they could have solved the little things like getting the roof in the back.

I'm not sure what you mean - it's the same targa-type roof like in the Corvette.

The engineers on the progam told me the roof was 31lbs. Not terrible, but it's probably a two man job to get it stowed in the trunk safely.

From my recollection, you cannot stow the targa top in the back of the Solstice Coupe. The rear hatch/glass is a very narrow opening and the trunk floor was not modified for the coupe (fuel tank/cell was still in the same location as the roadster). If I'm wrong, please someone feel free to correct me.

Sweet...I saw a white GXP coupe in Scottsdale a couple weeks ago, the only Solstice coupe I've ever seen..they are pretty sweet looking..

From my recollection, you cannot stow the targa top in the back of the Solstice Coupe. The rear hatch/glass is a very narrow opening and the trunk floor was not modified for the coupe (fuel tank/cell was still in the same location as the roadster). If I'm wrong, please someone feel free to correct me.

I read something to that affect in a car magazine when these first came out.

This and the Jaguar XK are two cars that I think look better as a hardtop coupe rather than convertible. The Soltice hardtop has a bit of a 1961 E-type vibe to it, which is maybe the best looking car ever. The only drawback to an otherwise excellent design is that cheapy radio antenna.

It's not a hardtop, it's a fastback with a "Targa" style removable roof section.

Yes I do love the lines of these, NO I would NOT take on in an automatic.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a Solstice with a HARDTOP not a SOFTTOP. Yet in my way of thinking it's not a hardtop. Still a sportscar.

Cube's right. Hardtop would imply that the roof is one piece... and in a car like the Solstice that the entire roof is removable.

I wish I was able to snap a better pic of this beauty but this is the best I could do. You can't tell from the picture but it is a GXP. I'd imagine it is quite rare as I've only seen a couple coupe GXP's in person. I wonder what percentage of the already small coupe build these made up?

IMG00337-20110816-0749b.jpg

Edited by 2QuickZ's

I thought in the end, all coupes were GXPs... if so, there were 102 pre-production 2009s, 1152 2009s and 12 pre-production 2010s made. With about 61K Solstices out there, that's about 2%.

If I'm wrong, and these are normal coupes, and GXPs are a subset of that, well, they are that much more rare.

Actually N/A coupes are rarer than GXP coupes with build ratio of about 1:2. The number you are stating are total coupes produced including GXP and 2.4.

Official Breakdown is as follows:

2009 - 60 GXP 42 N/A (Pre-prod)

2009 - 781 GXP 371 N/A

2010 - 9 GXP 3 N/A (Pre-prod)

Total - 850 GXP 416 N/A

Actually N/A coupes are rarer than GXP coupes with build ratio of about 1:2. The number you are stating are total coupes produced including GXP and 2.4.

Official Breakdown is as follows:

2009 - 60 GXP 42 N/A (Pre-prod)

2009 - 781 GXP 371 N/A

2010 - 9 GXP 3 N/A (Pre-prod)

Total - 850 GXP 416 N/A

You should add that info to the Solstice Wikipedia page, with a citation to the source.