No Sales Incentives For Lucerne

rivieraranch

Yeah, why should they? If people are buying them regardless, you don't need to hang yourself and start offering extra good deals...at least with rebates that is.

Honestly, I don't see a prolem with a low % rate offer though...that's actually a good thing, and something the likes of the mostly no rebate Honda/Acura/Lexus do pretty consistently, but don't always advertise. Low rates are a good "seal the deal" thing, after you're satisfied with the price.

Just do a good rate and nothing else, and that wouldn't be so bad.

Edited by caddycruiser

If someone offered just you, Caddycruiser, $8,000 cash back on a Lucerne, would you refuse for moral reasons of not supporting a finance program that corrupts GM? Of course not. While we all say we hate incentives, we know we personally love them. I see his point there.

But in general, you guys are right; if the product is that good (and the Lucerne is), there's no need for widespread incentives.

The only incentive on Lucerne now is a lousy GM interest rate program. Why a chimpanzee could don a suit of clothes and apply to a bank or credit union and beat the lousy finance rates GM is offering on Lucerne.

If the new ES350 attracts a lot of customers, you'll likely get your wish for better incentives and rates.

If the new ES350 attracts a lot of customers, you'll likely get your wish for better incentives and rates.

Eh... I would be more worried about the Avalon's sales before the Lucerne's. Avalons are definitely cross-shopped by the Lexus ES, more so than the Lucerne is or by loyal Buick buyers.

As an example... You can already get an estimated $2,200 off of the Avalon Limited according to carsdirect.com (it hasn't even been out 1 year)... just wait until the ES350 debuts.

As a side note, I'm more interested in leasing incentives instead of rebates or cashback.

also... Portland is apparently one of the few Autoshows where local dealers can legally conduct sales on the convention center floor (according to a dealer salesman at the show). The Buick dealers were successfully selling Lucernes at the show... Remember, this is while consumers can sit and compare Lucernes to ALL other competitors. Not bad. :)

I say if the car doesn't need rebates, so be it. There's absolutely no reason to offer rebates on this car... it's selling, I'm actually seeing a few on the roads, it looks good, it's getting awesome reviews. Let Buick have this one. Let GM have this one.

When the new ES comes out, maybe it'll draw more attention away from the Lucerne, and if that's the case, and sales start to dwindle, then maybe throw in some incentives. As for now, let's stop some of the bleeding.

I say if the car doesn't need rebates, so be it.  There's absolutely no reason to offer rebates on this car... it's selling, I'm actually seeing a few on the roads, it looks good, it's getting awesome reviews.  Let Buick have this one.  Let GM have this one.

When the new ES comes out, maybe it'll draw more attention away from the Lucerne, and if that's the case, and sales start to dwindle, then maybe throw in some incentives.  As for now, let's stop some of the bleeding.

There were no CTS-specific rebates when I got mine. I used GM Card points, a $500 Cadillac coupon I recieved for attending a Caddilac event, my Oldsmobile Loyalty rebate and a Conquest rebate <because I had a Continental at the time too>. But there was nothing on the CTS specifically.... and they were selling very well.

For the same reason, I don't see a need for rebates on the Lucerne.

I just hope Buick listens to people with the few negatives with this car and quickly fixes them such as the center stack, intrusive trunk hinges, 4 speed only trans and no 3.6 engine option. If they let it stagnate even for more than a year it will quickly be back to incentive time. If Buick keeps it ahead of the class it will continue to sell and hold it's value better, something this car really deserves.

I'm still upset at the lack of interest Motor Trend put in to the Lucerne. It was like they didn't even take it for a test drive. They just call the Avalon the "Buick GM never built" and say the Lucerne is inferior to it in every way possible. I am thankful for that article in USA Today because stigmas like Motor Trend's have gone far too long. If we wanted a bias opinion we can just ask any Toyota-lover what they think of the Lucerne.

Sure, theres some bias in everybody's opinion but the complete disreguard of the Lucerne makes Motor Trend not worthy of even being a magazine anymore. Buick has obviously always been a contender otherwise they wouldn't be a company anymore. The fact that the LeSabre killed Avalon sales year after year might be the first fact they want to bring up on why their amazing spectacular vehicle can't beat just a boring old Buick.

I'm glad some people are waking up and at least admitting the Lucerne is a real and true contender, these are the sources you know you can go to later for a fair judgement on vehicles.

If someone offered just you, Caddycruiser, $8,000 cash back on a Lucerne, would you refuse for moral reasons of not supporting a finance program that corrupts GM? Of course not. While we all say we hate incentives, we know we personally love them. I see his point there.

But in general, you guys are right; if the product is that good (and the Lucerne is), there's no need for widespread incentives.

Incentives aren't as good as having the price low in the first place..

May God damn me for suggesting that GM offer incentives toward Lucerne.

I saw 2 of them today; a 3-holer in silver parked outside my office and a burgundy CXS in traffic.

Don't worry. We'll see incentives on the Lucerne soon enough. This summer will be great time to buy one as production on th '07s ramps up. By then, the design will start looking a little old (like what's happened with the LaCrosse). Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's a great car. I would drive one. Better deals coming.

I'm still upset at the lack of interest Motor Trend put in to the Lucerne. It was like they didn't even take it for a test drive. They just call the Avalon the "Buick GM never built" and say the Lucerne is inferior to it in every way possible. I am thankful for that article in USA Today because stigmas like Motor Trend's have gone far too long. If we wanted a bias opinion we can just ask any Toyota-lover what they think of the Lucerne.

Sure, theres some bias in everybody's opinion but the complete disreguard of the Lucerne makes Motor Trend not worthy of even being a magazine anymore. Buick has obviously always been a contender otherwise they wouldn't be a company anymore. The fact that the LeSabre killed Avalon sales year after year might be the first fact they want to bring up on why their amazing spectacular vehicle can't beat just a boring old Buick.

I'm glad some people are waking up and at least admitting the Lucerne is a real and true contender, these are the sources you know you can go to later for a fair judgement on vehicles.

The fact that Motor Trend always crapped on the cars I liked, or ignored them completely is why I cancelled my subscription. Been about five years, and they still send me offers to renew. Sounds like they haven't changed any in that time.

If it can sell without incentives, good.  Once interest in the car drops off then slightly increase incentives.  I have only seen a tan one in person, I am hoping for more colors, preferably red or black.

I think there will be enough interest in the car, but maybe "when the novelty wears off" would be a better way of putting it.

Alot of good posts there guys. Its nice to hear something positive for a change.

I thought GM was going to price cars to sell now and forget the harmful incentives ? Didnt they just make that announcement ? Just put a good price on the windows and sell the damn things.

Glad to hear its going good for Lucerne, as it should be.

Alot of good posts there guys. Its nice to hear something positive for a change.

NOW LET'S GET RID OF THAT DAMN 3800 IN THE LUCERNE!

:lol::lol:

Just kidding! I am not trying to bring that up again!

Whether the dealer is offering incentives-that-cut into-the-dealer's profit margin, or the manufacturer is offering incentives-that-cut-into-the-manufacturer's profit margin doesn't change the fact that the car is basically new & already has discounts being applied to it to move it off of the lot.

Now, back to the Lucerne: I've seen it & sat in it and the only reason to discount that car is to PERSONALLY GET ME IN ONE. It's no secret that my current ride (an '04 Malibu) is less than 2 years old & that there isn't a snowball's chance in hades that my wife would let me upgrade so soon. I'm also a very practical person & really would struggle with the idea of losing so much in depreciation by trading off a car so new. It really makes a lot of fiscal sense to buy and hold onto the car (i.e. use it up) before moving onto the next one. Which brings me into my final point:

NOW ANNOUNCING THE (NEW-FOR 2006):

"LET'S GET CMATTSON INTO A NEW BUICK" DONATION-CAMPAIGN.

HURRY ACT NOW! CMATTSON WANTS A NEW RIDE!

** YOU CAN BE CMATTSON'S "SUGAR-DADDY" **

Come on now: I *know* there must be some of you out there that aren't living check-to-check! Just by odds alone, surely somebody trolling the internet (that reads this) will be worth millions & will feel that the idea of "freeing cmattson from boring transportation" is a worthy cause.

Edited by cmattson

I finally saw a red Lucerne (yesterday) and I must say my eyes were immediately drawn to it. It drove in front of me while I was waiting to cross the street so I saw it from the side and my head went from right to left. Then, I saw the back and realized what beautiful car I was looking at.

NOW LET'S GET RID OF THAT DAMN 3800 IN THE LUCERNE!

:lol:  :lol:

Just kidding!  I am not trying to bring that up again!

You'd better not! For someone who keeps his car as long as you do (I'm one to talk), you should L-O-V-E the 3800. It can also help you get into that entry-level Lucerne if cost is an issue. What happened to the LaX? Are you done with that?

Seriously, folks, had to go to a meeting in a conference room at the Hilton which has a circular driveway and a porte cochere. There was a Lucerne there, under the lights. I came upon it in the rear 3/4 view. It looked good! It was in that light bronze color. Light years ahead ( :))of the current LeSabre, which I thought was bland beyond belief.

Edited by trinacriabob

You'd better not!  For someone who keeps his car as long as you do (I'm one to talk), you should L-O-V-E the 3800.  It can also help you get into that entry-level Lucerne if cost is an issue.  What happened to the LaX?  Are you done with that?

Seriously, folks, had to go to a meeting in a conference room at the Hilton which has a circular driveway and a porte cochere.  There was a Lucerne there, under the lights.  I came upon it in the rear 3/4 view.  It looked good! It was in that light bronze color.  Light years ahead ( :))of the current LeSabre, which I thought was bland beyond belief.

Well, c'mon bob, the Lucerne is lightyears ahead of the LaCrosse. But still, can't afford either, so it's a moot point.

I'd love a Lucerne CXL V8, but that isn't going to happen.

As for the 3800, I don't have one, so by time I can afford a car, it'll be gone. Really doesn't phase me. Mom has a 3800. Nice engine, a bit rough, but then again, it's a Series I.

ok, next week, i am going to take one out.

i wonder it there will ever be 5.1 surround sound? on another note, i was at the local caddy dealer and witnessed this elderly lady, trying to figure out her new STS. the salesman was with her and she was LOST. i felt sorry. i think the tutorial (problems reading the dash) lasted a half hour. i thought maybe if i stuck around long enough, she would give up on it and sell it to me for 15K under what she paid. then she could run out and get a 3800 lucerne......just kidding.

No rebates/incentive money, but the MSRP was cut $1000 or so under GM's new "Value Pricing" system. Would there be a $1000 rebate on the car now if they hadn't cut the MSRP? Would it make any difference if that were the case?

Well, cutting the MSRP instead of adding a rebate actually helps/increases the Lucerne's resale value%