Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Auto extremist comments

7 posts in this topic

Mark Reuss. The good news is that GM finally has a real leader at the helm again, and no Big Ed, it's not you. GM North America President Mark Reuss separates sales from the marketing function, and rearranges the key players. He will now have sales and "Customer Care and Aftersales" (formerly the Service and Parts Organization) reporting directly to him, while Susan Docherty will retain her lead role in the marketing function, reporting to Reuss. The old-style divisional brand manager function has been eliminated, replaced by divisional marketing vice presidents. The bad news, at least for the players down there? There's another big change coming down the road.

Bryan Nesbitt. His "grand experiment" is over at Cadillac, and now Nesbitt will get back, get back, get back to where he once belonged at GM Design.

Alan Beaty. Batey is the freshly-minted vice president of sales and service for Chevrolet. Batey was most recently president and managing director of GM's Holden operations in Australia (he had replaced Mark Reuss, who ran Holden for two years before coming back to the states). Batey is definitely a guy to watch, trust us on this one.

Chris Preuss. The former vice president, communications for GM reporting to Ed Whitacre, Preuss will become the vice president (and also president) of OnStar. A replacement for Chris will be named at a later date, but it will be interesting to watch who becomes the Chief PR Wrangler for Big Ed.

Batey is definitely a guy to watch, trust us on this one

Hmmm... wonder if that's good or not. He's from Holden, which seems promising, but I don't know his track record...

I never understood Nebitt running Cadillac unless he was there just to get some of the new product on line like the Coupe and SRX?

To me Brian managing a division is like taking the master chef out of the kitchen to seat the customers.

Let him draw and style as he is one of the best in the world. To have him running a division was such a waste.

Lets hope Mark has the balls to stand up and do what is needed and make the kind of cars that they need. He is a good mix of engineer and manager which is rare. ALso lets hope Ed and the board let him run the company they put him in charge of.

I'd say so far,so good on that front.

I trust you on stuff like this Camino, because aside of knowing a little about Mark I am clueless. Lets just hope it stays that way. With a good mix of a few RWD cars and FWD/AWD stuff along with excellent trucks GM should be fine.

Edited by gm4life

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room