NewsFeeder

Garage door company latest to take advantage of Toyota in tasteless way

9 posts in this topic

Filed under: Marketing/Advertising, Toyota

garagedooradopt.jpg
Dansk Port Teknik garage door ad - Click above to enlarge

Talk about kicking Toyota when it's down. We've seen automakers like General Motors, Ford and Hyundai offering special incentives aimed at getting Toyota owners out of their cars and into different ones, but this latest bit of marketing from Danish garage door manufacturer Dansk Port Teknik takes things just a bit too far.

We understand that JWT, the agency behind this ad, is looking to get a laugh at Toyota's expense, but when that joke involves something as serious as a safety recall, it's not exactly the most appropriate way to earn DPT a few extra bucks. We can't say for sure what sort of circulation this ad spot is getting in print publications, but regardless, we're not laughing. Click the lead image to see a high-res shot of this ad.

[source: Copyranter via The Car Connection]

Garage door company latest to take advantage of Toyota in tasteless way originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 04 Mar 2010 14:28:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=hlU91XW-AFg:ekNA4bE0VBg:wF9xT autoblog?i=hlU91XW-AFg:ekNA4bE0VBg:V_sGL
hlU91XW-AFg

View the full article

That's funny. I backed out through a 3-panel garage door once (from the inside).. a couple years later, I partially tore off the same garage door when pulling in (it wasn't all the way up and my roof rack caught it).

If it showed something truly inappropriate tied to the recall (dead animals, serious harm to occupants, etc) then I could understand the outrage. I think this is fine.

Compared to much of the advertising today, this is far from tasteless. It's pretty funny!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room