What new vehicles are in store for Buick

Newbiewar

there's a tangible difference in what $70K buys you versus what $192K buys you. 

Very profound. Are you missing the point on purpose? :banghead:

Any Audi DOES have a much more tightly-executed interior with vastly superior plastics than the CTS.  There is no contest.  Fit-and-finish are pretty close between the two...it's the material quality that is simply much better in the Audi.

I know you're wrong about this, because if you were right, I'd agree with you. :AH-HA_wink:

The XLR-v deserved to place 5th as far as I can tell.  Acceleration isn't the only issue to consider.

Nobody said it was. But for it to win all the performance tests and then come in last place of a comparison of luxury 'sports' convertibles must mean that the rest of the car is crap-o-la. :huh:

The Caddy is overpriced for what you get....has an almost useless trunk with the top down....and has an interior that, while nice...is not $100K-nice.

Maybe, but they seem to be selling like hot cakes in and around Dallas.

I don't remember the CX-7's as-tested mpg....but it's EPA ratings are comparable to other V6 crossovers.  AND, it's a "4-cyl" that happens to shoot from 0-60 in the mid-7sec range...and that's with the heavy AWD version.

You're an import car fan, aren't you? It's average during testing MPG was 14. EPA rating of 18/24. Sorry, but 14 mpg out of a 4 banger is horrible. Mid 7's 0-60? According to C&D, it was 7.9 seconds, which sounds closer to 8 than 7.5 to me, but maybe that's just in Texas....anyway, it has a turbo charging all four of it's little japanese cyclinders so I hope it can get out of it's own way. Again, I say the Suburban has been cruciified for getting 14 mpg.... EPA for 4x4 Suburban 15/20.

I'm just sorry that you are mistaking the buff mags calling out GM on their product deficiences as "bias."  That's a sad viewpoint......and an unrealistic viewpoint....

171872[/snapback]

Don't be sorry little buddy. Obviously I don't see the same deficiencies with GM as you do. I want all car makers to get better every year, including GM. That is good for everybody.

One way the buff mags (as you refer to them) perpetuate the fallacy that imports are superior to domestics is by comparing an import [that costs more] to a domestic and then reporting that the domestic uses lower quality materials.....leaving one with the impression that Cadillac is on the cheap. I don't agree w/ that. I contend it's largely subjective.

Many of these writers are on record as having an affinity toward BMW, Lexus, etc.. They are people too. They like what they like. Just like you and I.

Now back to the topic of this thread......I believe BUICK has a fantastic future ahead of it with the Enclave and hopefully the RWD platform which should easily bend the avalon over it's knee for a little spanking.... :ohyeah: