Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon bound for New York Auto Show

5 posts in this topic

2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon bound for New York Auto Show

We knew it was coming, it was just a matter of when. Now, Acura has officially announced that it will be unveiling the 2011 TSX Sport Wagon at the New York Auto Show at the end of this month, with the first examples hitting dealerships in late fall.

In Acura's brief press release after the jump, the automaker mentions that the standard sedans make do with either a 201-horsepower 2.4-liter four-cylinder or the recently introduced 280-hp, 3.5-liter V6, both of which are only available in front-wheel drive form. Unfortunately, Acura has yet to confirm which engine/drivetrain configuration will be available in the Sport Wagon, but we're holding a candle for the RDX's 240-hp, turbocharged 2.3-liter four pot and Acura's SH-AWD system. However, we have a sneaking suspicion that our (and your) preferred powertrain combo isn't a possibility, so that candle may burn our hands by the time the TSX Sport Wagon debuts in the Big Apple.

link:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/08/2011-acura-tsx-sport-wagon-bound-for-new-york-auto-show/

I wouldn't even give a candle to the turbocharged drivetrain. It will have either a 2.4L or 3.5L, or just the 3.5L. No reason for the turbo, since the chassis is already designed for and accommodates the 3.5L V6. SH-AWD is a slight possibility though. Hmm...

I actually rather like the TSX, but I personally would prefer a turbo 4 over a heavy 6. I like wagons too. Hmm, if they offer this in I4 and stick shift guise in the states it will be a tempting car indeed.

2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon to be Unveiled at New York Auto Show

Back in October of 2009, Acura told us about its plans to expand its TSX lineup with a more practical station wagon variant in the fall of 2010. Today, the Japanese automaker announced that we'll get our first look at what is essentially the North American market version of the European Honda Accord Tourer (pictured here) at the New York International Auto Show on March 31.

"The TSX Sport Wagon will offer a new solution to modern utility needs with its balanced and efficient performance coupled with bold styling and versatile cargo capabilities," said Acura in brief press release without revealing any other details on the car.

However, we believe it's safe to assume that the TSX Sport Wagon will be offered with the same 201HP 2.4-liter four cylinder and 280HP 3.5-liter V6 powertrains already available on the sedan version here in the States.

link:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/03/2011-acura-tsx-sport-wagon-to-be.html