The Cameras are on in Chicago

Posted Image

"I tolds you three f@#kin' times to keep your goddamn nose outta the shift knobs.

THREE...f@#kIN'...TIMES!

No more..."

*BANG!*

--------------------**********--------------------

Posted Image

President Bush's new mandate requires that automakers must locate and tap oil wells to pay back for the electricity they use during the Chicago Auto Show.

--------------------**********--------------------

Posted Image

Who says Toyota never fleets their vehicles?

I think I might have caught our first glimpse of the Sierra. 

Posted Image

All right Bimmer!!! :metal: The first post is definitely the current (GMT800) Sierra Crew Cab 1500. The one pictured in your post is definitely something different.

Also notice the two little "boxes" that say YUKON and I'm guessing YUKON XL. I think those dual-roundtable displays are for the new SUVs and not the new pickups :angry:

[EDIT: after looking at the pic again, I'm beginning to think the GMC pictured is either a Yukon or Yukon XL.

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

All right Bimmer!!! :metal: The first post is definitely the current (GMT800) Sierra Crew Cab 1500.  The one pictured in your post is definitely something different.

Also notice the two little "boxes" that say YUKON and I'm guessing YUKON XL.  I think those dual-roundtable displays are for the new SUVs and not the new pickups  :angry:

[EDIT: after looking at the pic again, I'm beginning to think the GMC pictured is either a Yukon or Yukon XL.

It's the Yukon. You can tell by the way the last pillar sweeps forward.

do u think the Sierra and Yukon look alike in the current generation?

Great question! I really hope the 900's trucks have chrome instead of body. . . only because I think Sierra should still aim to the contractors who really use them as work trucks and can resist a bump or two.

BTW- although I wish this is the intro to the 900's truck. . . it could be just the standard Yukon and Yukon XL display.

I don't get it?  Why is GM delaying the introduction of their new trucks?  Toyota is going to introduce their new Tundra in Chicago.  GM has to show up with the goods.

Let Toyota show their trucks and get the spolight for a month or so and then show off the Trucks in NY and get a lot more press coverage. Also they wanna see exactly what Toyota has to offer, even if they can't change anything this late in the game.

The "Concept" Aura has evolved slightly over the past year to incorporate more production items. There have been slight changes to the interior as well. The panoramic sun roof is a production unit from the Pontiac G6. I would imagine that this will be a production option.

I believe the Aura is going to officially debut in New York and it probably won't look much different than it does now.

The "Concept" Aura has evolved slightly over the past year to incorporate more production items.  There have been slight changes to the interior as well.  The panoramic sun roof is a production unit from the Pontiac G6.  I would imagine that this will be a production option.

I believe the Aura is going to officially debut in New York and it probably won't look much different than it does now.

According to this:

http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/vehicles/de...id=2&make_id=45

The production version is debuting in Chicago. Also, notice the GM badge in the pic I posted. There isn't one on the concept version shown in the link above:

Posted Image

Posted Image

-RBB

According to this:

http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/vehicles/de...id=2&make_id=45

The production version is debuting in Chicago.  Also, notice the GM badge in the pic I posted.  There isn't one on the concept version shown in the link above:

Posted Image

Posted Image

-RBB

It looks like you may be right. The Saturn Aura that was on dislpay in Houston this past week DID NOT have the GM badge.

That is cool. It also looks like the bold wheel arches survived from the concept.