Sign in to follow this  
american_revolution_2005

Lumina replacement?

My grandparents are looking to replace their Lumina. What price could they get for it if anyone knows. It is a canadian car. 1999 Lumina LS, dark green ext., beige int., bench seat, cassette, AM/FM radio, column shifter and it has a special appearance package with upgraded rims. It has 112,000 km on it. It has had no accidents. What would be a good replacement for it. They want to stick with driving GMs as seeing that the first GM I remembered was a 1984 Pontiac Phoenix and then they had a 1989 Pontiac 6000. They want a vehicle around $30000 or less. They may drive a small SUV or a large-midsize sedan. Their car looks like this except theirs is dark green.

Posted Image

Impala LTZ or TrailBlazer

About $3000. Thats cheap. 10% of their original value. The Trailblazer is also too big. 28k CAN or American dollars for the Lucerne.

Oh damn, pesky Canadian dollars. :P

Well, they could still have an Impala LTZ or a Lucerne CX (entry-level and if they stretch their budget a tad).

I'd agree with everyone else and say either an Impala LT, or a Lucerne CX. Both fine choices, with the Lucerne being just a bit ritzier.

What about an Equinox? But $30,000 will buy a regular wheelbase TrailBlazer too.

What about an Equinox? But $30,000 will buy a regular wheelbase TrailBlazer too.

He already said the TB was too big, and we're talking canadian dollars.

What do they use the vehicle for?

They use their car to go around town, to church and sometimes the city. They are retired so they dont drive much. That is why their car has 112000 km. It is less than it should be. Average Canadian mileage per year is about 25000 km so multiply that by 6 and it is about 150000 km. They also drive to birthdays and my house which is about 2 hrs. away from them. My grandma drives to Hamilton a lot though which is about an hour or hour and a half away. They dont get to much snow either.

Chevrolet Impala gets my vote by far-to me, its a far better and more sensible car than the Lucerne.

They should defineatly try to sell it privately. A nice clean car like that with low miles is an easy sell. That's a popular car with taxi drivers too. Don't let them trade it in, the dealer will probably offer them $2000 for it. I would ask $5000 for it. The 2 cars they should check out are the Impala and Buick Allure, both priced about the same. Nice to see they want to stick with GM. Both of these cars are built in Oshawa too so they're supporting their neighbors.

If they liked their Lumina, they will LOVE the new 2006 Impala... I would suggest either a 3LT or LTZ --- either one is completely loaded, and I would further suggest the 3.9 V6 -- plenty of power.

SS would probably be a bit too much for them, little too sporty for grandparents...

Definetly to sporty for them. They also like bench seats and cloth. My grandparents don't care for power but more of for gas mileage. They also want a good deal.

Well if they want a "bench" with column-mounted shifter, they will have to go for either an LS or LT 1 or 2, I would think -- not sure if you can order the 3.9 V6 with either of these, so check with your chevy dealer on that...

Ordering the LS or LT1 or 2 will save them some cash, no question; probably just over $20K (American) I would think.

Chevrolet Impala gets my vote by far-to me, its a far better and more sensible car than the Lucerne.

It also does not have a desperate air of wanting to be something it's not as bad as the Lucerne/Lacrosse. As much as I rag on the '06 Impala my only real issue that I can not overcome is FWD. If it was RWD I'd have no problem with it, even the un-muscular styling would be a non-issue. I loved the styling of the 00-05 Impala esp. after the burgundy-tail light panel was changed to a nice black.

The LS and 1LT Impalas are 3500 V-6 only (dumb), and right on through the 3LT (with leather), you can get a front split-bench seat, where it is standard on LS/1LT/2LT, no-charge option in place of standard buckets on 3LT or LTZ; SS is bucket-only, and reasonably so.

i think you should get em a buick...them old felllers love them buicks!

but if you ever change your mind and go with DC, id get a 300C.

They may be selling in the spring or fall. Not sure yet. They are seriously considering the Impala. I will show them the Lucerne. They may like it. It is a nice car. Unfortunately, they wont go to DCX because their gauges are white-faced. Because of that, they wont buy Dodge. They did like the 300 and Charger, though. My grandma went to a Dodge dealer to look and she asked if the dealer could change the gauges. The guy got mad at her told her, "No!" She never liked that. I told her that you may be able to change them though.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook