Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

GM quickly one-ups Ford with 2011 Duramax diesel ratings, releases GMC Sierra HD details

13 posts in this topic

Filed under: Truck, Chevrolet, Ford, GM, GMC, Diesel

2011-gmc-sierra-denali-hd-630.jpg
2011 GMC Sierra Denali HD - Click above to enlarge

Not even a month ago, at the end of our post on the 2011 Ford Super Duty engine specs, we wrote: "General Motors, there's a big ass ball in your court." Someone at GM has apparently grabbed their big ass racket and said, "Oh, I got this...", then smacked the ball right back into play. The Ford's measurements 390 horsepower, 735 pound-feet of grunt. The General has just announced that its 6.6-liter Duramax turbo diesel has 397 horsepower and 765 lb-ft. of torque, a jump of 32 horsepower and 105 lb-ft. over the previous Duramax.

A closer look at the numbers does reveal some give-and-take, however. The Ford's maximum tow rating is 24,000 pounds, while GM's is 20,000 pounds. And while not exactly engine related, the Ford truck also has a higher max payload than the GM twins. Still, the RenCen pickups take the power crown, and the new Duramax is more efficient than the previous one - GM didn't put a specific mileage number to it, but claims 680 miles of highway going possible from the 36-gallon tank. You'll find GM's press release on the new engine after the jump.

In related news, GM has released the first image of its GMC Sierra Denali HD pickup, mechanical and sheetmetal twin of the Chevrolet Silverado HD. There's an additional press release after the jump for it as well.

So... anyone else want to take a swing at that even bigger ass ball?

[source: General Motors via PickupTrucks.com]

Continue reading GM quickly one-ups Ford with 2011 Duramax diesel ratings, releases GMC Sierra HD details

GM quickly one-ups Ford with 2011 Duramax diesel ratings, releases GMC Sierra HD details originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 10 Mar 2010 08:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=O5jnjvpl0Qc:V2x-TFXwfSY:wF9xT autoblog?i=O5jnjvpl0Qc:V2x-TFXwfSY:V_sGL
O5jnjvpl0Qc

View the full article

That is one gorgeous truck !!

-- -- -- -- --

I have the 310/605 DuraMax. My brother has the 350/650 DuraMax. 397/765 is insane.

Can I retrofit a 36-gal tank into my '04 ??

Sorry to be the pessimist, but why couldn't they have got the additional 3hp for a nice sounding 400hp? I know they can get it and they probably will sometime down the road too.

This just in: GMC Sierra HD Duramax has been chosen to pull the earth back to her pre-Chilean earthquake rotational axis.:)

This just in: GMC Sierra HD Duramax has been chosen to pull the earth back to her pre-Chilean earthquake rotational axis.:)

Haha ;) Good one. :)

The Ford's maximum tow rating is 24,000 pounds, while GM's is 20,000 pounds. And while not exactly engine related, the Ford truck also has a higher max payload than the GM twins.

Point of correction Autoblog. That is with the heavier Ford F450, where chassis plays as an important role as the engine. GM does not have a 450 competitor. F350 tows a maximum of 18,400 lbs so technically GM twins have Ford by its diesel balls.

That is one gorgeous truck !!

-- -- -- -- --

I have the 310/605 DuraMax. My brother has the 350/650 DuraMax. 397/765 is insane.

Can I retrofit a 36-gal tank into my '04 ??

+1 on gorgeousness w.r.t. capability and looks. DuDi rocks.

Yes there are people who retrofit bigger tanks on older trucks.

Nevertheless it is one truck I want. Nothing beats a HD. :smilewide:

Still like the Chevy's styling better, but if I were to get a GMC anything you can bet it would be a Denali in white.

Still like the Chevy's styling better, but if I were to get a GMC anything you can bet it would be a Denali in white.

ive never seen a chevy with full crome like in your sig, looks nice, thought it only came in chitzy plastic

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room