NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Spy Shots: Next-gen Dodge Charger interior gets outed

12 posts in this topic

Spy Shots: Next-gen Dodge Charger interior gets outed

There've been no shortage of spy shots to be had showing the upcoming next-gen Dodge Charger, but to date we've yet to see the interior fully revealed. Our spy photogs have remedied this by finally capturing the big rear-wheel-drive sedan's inner domicile. What's plainly obvious is that Dodge designers have added some swoop to the Charger's angular interior. Note the silvery dashboard piece that acts as a backdrop for the cluster gauge, driver and center air vents and the rather large navigation screen. This particular interior is two-tone with what appears to be light-colored leather seats and door inserts, with black plastic (soft touch, we're hoping) everywhere else and some nickel-colored trim thrown in. There's also a new three-spoke multifunction steering wheel and information display between the tach and speedo.

All in all, we see a big improvement over the current car's aged interior, but a final verdict will have to wait until we can get our grubby paws all over it. We've also got some new spy shots of the exterior that don't reveal much more than what we've seen before except a naked C-pillar. Have a look in the high-res gallery below.

link:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/10/spy-shots-next-gen-dodge-charger-interior-gets-outed/

Hmm. An improvement I guess, but I can't help thinking that it's still a few years out of date.

Based on a blurry pic, I like that large silvery bezel- it's old school. The rest is typically modern.

Looks very clean...that display is different than the Nav displays they've been using, so maybe its a new model. The overall design isn't anything mind blowing, but it's clean and unclutterd, with more flow than the current Charger's.

From what I can see of the door panels, they look like a nice step up as well, with inserts that resemble the Taurus'

kind of agree with c spec. will the silvery thing on the dash blind the driver when reflecting the sun?

It looks decent with the Nav screen, but what'll it look like without one?

It looks decent with the Nav screen, but what'll it look like without one?

+1

That NAV screen actually looks more like a touch screen. The hard buttons below it are HVAC controls.

Hmm. An improvement I guess, but I can't help thinking that it's still a few years out of date.

Bingo... all but for the improvement part, anyway.