Sign in to follow this  
!!!TED!!!

2012 Chevrolet Malibu

It took me a while to do, but here is a realistic first look at the 2012 Chevrolet Malibu!

malibupatent002REAL2.jpg

malibupatent002compare.jpg

And a few extras not quite done...

2012malibuchops.jpg

malibupatent003b.jpg

malibupatent000preview.jpg

They look great!

I think that when we see the rear thing the feel of Camaro-meets-Insignia on the rear end will be stronger. And that front-end reminds me of some car, but I can't pinpoint excatly which one...

As I said, this new Malibu will look bolder in areas where the current car looks too underdone, especially the rear. I still won't give it my approval until I see official photographs and the finished product in person but I also don't think it's going to be as bad as some people think.

Great job Ted. It really does look like it's going to be a reskinned Regal on the same short wheelbase.

Unfortunately, I think Ted's work represents what the drawings indicate far more accurately than that red car.

Too bad, really.

now I see Ted's great graphic work and I am less than impressed with this car again.

I am tellin ya all the Regal's interior back seat is not big enough for mainstream family sedan class. Regal can get away with it, because its not a core brand.

Am I the only one thinking that it looks pretty lousy? Good job on the renderings, I don't mean to diss that, I just don't like the proportions and lines of the car. I'm sure the real thing will look a bit better, but I'm just not seeing anything to be excited about here.

I havn't done one of these renderings in a long time, so Im a bit out of practice. The ride height, window molding etc are poorly done, Ill admit. I tried to have this done quickly.

Ater staring (literaly) for 8 hours at this car, I like what they have done.

The patent drawing is not a fair representation of the real Malibu. It is slightly off.

The real car will be more in line with the Insignia/Regal in shape and size, I believe.

It might be easier maybe, to chop the Insignia into a Malibu...for a more realistic outcome.

Here is a comparo with the Insignia picture I used as reference (IE stole the wheels :confused0071: )

malibugif1.gif

OK Ted that has me falling on the floor and twitching uncontrollably.:blink:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.