Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Spy Shots: Dodge Ram Power Wagon hits the streets in search of Ford SVT Raptor

5 posts in this topic

Filed under: Spy Photos, Truck, Chrysler, Dodge, Off-Road

powerwagon1.kgp.edopt.jpg
Dodge Ram Power Wagon spy shots - Click above for high-res image gallery

We just told you that that Chrysler will be launching four new "Moparized" vehicles later this month, and our spies have already caught one of these new vehicles - the Dodge Ram Power Wagon - on the streets of southeast Michigan.

Unlike the Power Wagon that's just now hitting dealers, this is a totally unique package, featuring a single-cab configuration with a short, style-side bed. The huge off-road tires and exaggerated wheel arches lead us to believe that this is Chrysler's answer to the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor (if only in concept form), and our spies tell us that this prototype "made hair-raising sounds" as it drove by, leading us to believe that the 383-horsepower Hemi V8 is underhood.

We can't wait to see the production version on March 27 at the 44th Annual Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, Utah. If these spy shots are anything to go off of, it looks like it'll be serious fun for desert storming.

[source: KGP Photography]

Spy Shots: Dodge Ram Power Wagon hits the streets in search of Ford SVT Raptor originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 12 Mar 2010 14:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=6lv1Qjm1V_M:auJl31ND2bY:wF9xT autoblog?i=6lv1Qjm1V_M:auJl31ND2bY:V_sGL
6lv1Qjm1V_M

View the full article

BAD.ASS. Take a look at that running gear!

But too single-purpose for me. I'd like to see a production version with a normal 6.5 foot bed... and, reluctantly, a Quad Cab in addition to the regular cab (regular cab would be my choice).

Pretty cool. Those tires are massive!! I like the style-side bed design, though it's not a true sportside/stepside bed. I wish GM would offer a sportside bed again, and a Raptor/PowerWagon competitor that's not just a concept.

me LIKEY!!

I love that 'fenderside' bed, too; nicely complements the dually's bed AND finally gets rid of the worst stylistic anachronism going: the 1960's pickup bed on an '00 truck. Already love the new Ram and this thing is a k.i.l.l.e.r. Eager to see the production trim. :drool:

I hope they offer it in Quad or Crew cab form (my preference). Looks pretty badass so far. It looks like a monster truck!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room