Intrepidation

2012 Dodge Durango Rendered

18 posts in this topic

I was going to do two views but this took way longer than I thought. First time coloring in a line drawing, so bare with me. With that in mind, here it is.

post-1757-12684631426089.jpg

So much better...

Good job there, DF.

The color makes it much easier to get an idea of what the production car will be. Nice job!

Does anyone else see some Enclave in the side profile this? I see the fenders and hood line.

I see some enclave resemblance in the door indent and the fender flares that lead from the headlights and tail lights towards the middle of the car but don't connect to form a solid character line. With that said, these are both attributes of the first generation Durango (as well as second generation Dakota).

However the Enclave, like the new Durango, is a more modern design so the edges and creases are sharper and more defined than on the original Durango. I used both vehicles at a lighting reference.

Fun fact: I never realized that the Viper has 6 lug wheels.

I see some enclave resemblance in the door indent and the fender flares that lead from the headlights and tail lights towards the middle of the car but don't connect to form a solid character line. With that said, these are both attributes of the first generation Durango (as well as second generation Dakota).

However the Enclave, like the new Durango, is a more modern design so the edges and creases are sharper and more defined than on the original Durango. I used both vehicles at a lighting reference.

Fun fact: I never realized that the Viper has 6 lug wheels.

is this as big as enclave, it looks smaller,

Fun Fact: the rpm gauge in the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 in Forza 3 in non functional, it always says 1001 HP, even at idle

other than alack of bumper and short front overhang, the side profile reminds me off gmt360s sooo much

Looks good...surprising to see such short bumpers. Much nicer than the previous gen Durango, which had a hideous front end in it's first version, IMHO.

Yup, that pig snout bumper was disgusting. This new one is much nicer.

When the refreshed it it looked a lot better than it originally did, but I agree the first gen was still better looking. Glad they used it as inspiration.

Nice job Dodgefan.

I still prefer the "Magnum" name, though. "Durango" sounds more like something that should fall under the Ram brand. "Magnum" fits Dodge's sportier nature. To me, this looks like a merger of the former Magnum wagon (roofline and upper profile) and first gen Durango (bodyside sculpting and SUV stance).

I do agree with Camino LS6. I do see a lot of the new gen Grand Cherokee in this design. If some elements were altered, I think this could easily be a modern day Grand Wagoneer. Of course, I think the Journey could have just as easily been a Jeep product too. I think the designs are all conservatively handsome, but it is a little scary that they seem to be so interchangeable between Chrysler LLC's brands. Sometimes I wonder if they should just simply assign all the utility vehicles to Jeep and let Dodge continue with mainstream cars and MPVs only, especially if all of Chrysler LLC's brands will be featured in the same showroom.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor