Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

When 'phoenix' types, it's GM talking

16 posts in this topic

When 'phoenix' types, it's GM talking

Automotive News -- March 15, 2010 - 12:01 am ET

When AnAmericanFirst wrote in an Automotive News online discussion about rejected dealers, "I hope that Mark Reuss or Ed Whitacre read our comments here," he got his wish -- within hours.

Reuss, president of GM North America, typed: "I do read the comments here and I do listen. Every day. Most nights, and all weekends."

"...and on the 7th day he rests," cracked CarCzar313.

Reuss was writing under the name phoenix, so readers weren't immediately sure who he was. He told commenters that dealers who haven't received a GM call about reinstatement letters should not conclude they are out for good.

"In many cases it means we want to actually talk to you and come to a mutual agreement," phoenix wrote. "There is history to overcome, and we cannot snap our fingers and say 'its ok'. But just know I want trust and success again -- with honesty and integrity."

Most readers recognized that phoenix was from GM.

"Phoenix, your comments are the FIRST in over 2 years of 'GM speak' that have the ring of truth to them," car guy 2010 wrote.

Said cargirl101: "Refreshing to hear after almost a year of being treated like we have a disease...I understand you need time, but we have given you nothing but time."

Tammy Darvish, a rejected-dealer leader who did not get a reinstatement offer from GM, said phoenix was hiding under a pseudonym. Writing as TAMARA_DARVISH, she accused GM of playing games with dealers who haven't been offered reinstatement.

"The only [thing] missing with this picture (besides who you really are) is exactly what you profess to be .... truth - honesty - integrity," she wrote. "Put up or shut up !!"

I'm not hiding, phoenix then replied.

"Phoenix= me mark reuss. while i am an engineer i am trying to do what is right," Reuss wrote. "Was not here through all this so i apologize but i do care deeply and i do listen."

GM spokesman Jason Laird confirmed that "phoenix" was Reuss.

To read the complete conversation, go to autonews.com/reusschat.

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/20100315/OEM02/303159946/-1#ixzz0iFdbndRA

I bet he reads these threads here. I bet he sees the bring Pontiac and Oldsmobile back comments and Malibu and other comments too. That is why we do not see Oracle of Delphi( PCS)(OOD) like we once did.

I wonder if he does read what happens around hear. I really do, truth be told I would love to talk to the man. If Mr. Reuss happens to be reading this, give the people what they want and sell Caprice or SWB Zeta to public as a Chevrolet already.

Edited by gm4life

Okay, if he's reading the threads:

Dear Reuss,

Can I PLEASE have a new 2011 Regal CXL Turbo Automatic for free? A lot of my students have never heard of a Buick before me, and it'd be great to show them what a great-looking car it is.

Sincerely,

Paulie AH-HA_wink.gif

A lot of well placed GM people read here... They need a good laugh once in while!

Most of people I know in the tech center drivetrain and marketing do read and watch web sites. Most are smart enough not to ID themselves or give anything away so you never know they were even here.

There should be no suprise at that as most of us should know that by now.

Even at my company we scan many of the racing and automotive web sites to learn what the different sites are talking about. At times we learn a lot.

Most GM people will reply to their e mails too. It may take some time with some but they will respond. Even Bob Lutz will answer personally usually in a short statment. The GM web system is easy to send to whom you want. I have gotten many replies and help in info on Prototype parts I have and even been sent engineering drawings from the tech senter to confirm what I had.

The GM people on C&G are easy to identify for me.....a lot of them come from the same IP address

Mr. Reuss -

Please give us a new, BOF compact pickup truck and a rugged, affordable SUV based on the same platform in 2-and 4-door bodystyles.

Thank you sir -

I just hope they know we want more Zeta! Anyways it would be interesting to track where the IP's come from.

Okay, if he's reading the threads:

Dear Reuss,

Can I PLEASE have a new 2011 Regal CXL Turbo Automatic for free? A lot of my students have never heard of a Buick before me, and it'd be great to show them what a great-looking car it is.

Sincerely,

Paulie AH-HA_wink.gif

Guerrilla marketing FTW!

I just hope they know we want more Zeta! Anyways it would be interesting to track where the IP's come from.

Except in cases of abuse, C&G will not release the identity of any IP addresses or who is associated with them. The things I can tell just from a cursory look at a user's IP address history is just too much a privacy breach.

Dear Reuss,

Please fix the steering rack on my Audi A4.

Oops.. wrong forum.

Sincerely,

Me

Except in cases of abuse, C&G will not release the identity of any IP addresses or who is associated with them. The things I can tell just from a cursory look at a user's IP address history is just too much a privacy breach.

I understand. Someone has to keep this place in order. :thumbsup:

"Phoenix" is an interesting choice in screen names.

Please euthenize the W body Impala, it is sad to see a proud car name suffer from extreme obsolessence!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0