NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

WHY I TRADED MY LEXUS FOR A BUICK.

41 posts in this topic

Or the real reason, he realized the ES350 was just an overpriced, old folks version of the Camry, so he decided to spend less money on an overpriced, old folks version of the Malibu. May the cheapest car win.

Or the real reason, he realized the ES350 was just an overpriced, old folks version of the Camry, so he decided to spend less money on an overpriced, old folks version of the Malibu. May the cheapest car win.

Except that's not even remotely close to being correct. For one,the LaCrosse's platform is Epsilon II LWB, the Malibu's is Epsilon I, the next one will be Epsilon II SWB. The LaCrosse over a better interior, more style, more features, and better driving dynamics than the ES.

Love it. I really hope for the day that such awesome vehicles are still validated by "guys thought it was a Jaguar" and not just "it's a BUICK", but a continual stream of cars to this grade and beyond can hopefully make that change.

Killer car. I'd buy one in a second. Almost did, had the truck bug not bitten me.

Except that's not even remotely close to being correct. For one,the LaCrosse's platform is Epsilon II LWB, the Malibu's is Epsilon I, the next one will be Epsilon II SWB. The LaCrosse over a better interior, more style, more features, and better driving dynamics than the ES.

Thank you. And sometimes reviews say it all:

http://www.insideline.com/lexus/es-350/2009/2010-buick-lacrosse-vs-2009-lexus-es-350-comparison-test-and-video.html

If that were the ONLY one...but several have said the same thing. And yes, the ES350 is OLD, but knowing Toyo/Lexus, compare it to whatever their new mess of a replacement is, and I have a feeling similar results will be in store. No guarantee, but Lexus is no world standard...that's for sure. No matter what any perception says. If GM could only get more butts in the seats. Come ON marketing!

Who made money on this deal?

Because it's a freaking better car, that' s why.

I've driven a ES before....thumbsdown.gif

Absolute and utter failure in this comment.

I drove a LaCrosse CX last Saturday. I was blown away by how much I liked the car. I can see why folks would get excited about it. I think there's a few things to fix on the car but clearly its one of GM's best efforts and is a fabulous car lots of folks should be proud to drive. I'll have to get in some review notes soon.

I think we know by now smk has a strange hatred for Buick, and he loves to post it here when he stays up past his bedtime on a school night and uses his parents computer.

If a Buick came standard with a cure for cancer, a Playboy bunny offering limitless sex, and free gas for life, he still wouldn't buy one.

Or the real reason, he realized the ES350 was just an overpriced, old folks version of the Camry ...

"okay i agree with this, maybe this will be a post where smk doesn't talk out his ass. i like it when he lends some well thought insight instead making of the same old posts which are basically like a written version of goatse.cx."

so he decided to spend less money on an overpriced, old folks version of the Malibu. May the cheapest car win.

"yep too good to be true. he done went and fucked up there, like always. good job. i'm not surprised in the least."

Edited by whiteknight

I think we know by now smk has a strange hatred for Buick, and he loves to post it here when he stays up past his bedtime on a school night and uses his parents computer.

If a Buick came standard with a cure for cancer, a Playboy bunny offering limitless sex, and free gas for life, he still wouldn't buy one.

It's not just a hatred for Buick.. it extends to almost every vehicle. It'd be easier to talk about a GM vehicle he doesn't have a problem with.

is there one?

The one in his dreams? :P

First off I have been a fan of Buick for over 20 yrs. I think they are the best in the GM bunch. But as a member of a family that has bought from Lexus since they first came out. YOU cannon compare the two. I am sorry I wish it was true but if I had the choice of a Lacrosse or ES 350 I would go with the 350. It is a very well made care, easy to operate and the controls are easy to get to. It is not a Camary in disquise. Yes this is a gm group but have any one of you gone out and truly tested a Lexus. It is quite, drives great and beside general maintenance is not expensive to own. You who are against Lexus are just doing so because it is not an american made vehicle. Well if I had the choice I would buy a car that not built by lazy americans who only care about the union protecting them while they take short cuts and could care less about what they are building. American cars are not built for the long haul. And until this is changed then I will stay away from an american made vehicle.

Until you get your ass unstuck from 1993, you're never going to give GM a chance anyway.... There have been tremendous changes in GM since you last bought one.

I think SMK is cool with the Aurora.

I like the Aurora, I liked the old SRX (even though I personally wouldn't buy an SUV), I liked the original CTS but the interior needed improvement, then the CTS got overweight and over styled. I like the Solstice and Sky, and I like the looks of the Camaro, but it is too hard to see out of. I like the Malibu LTZ styling, but I like the Sonata and Fusion styling too, and they have better interiors and powertrains. I liked the Alero too, and the STS though bland, isn't a bad used car buy since the depreciation is so massive on them. But when I drove an STS V8 I thought it was a little soft.

The Buick really suprised me when I got in my first one. I was expecting a price $10,000 more than the sticker stated. Even though it also was not a top line car it was far from looing like a lesser car. Next the the top line AWD it showed well.

The price and vlaue of this car is right and Buick needs to get butts behind the wheel as once people drive it they will see how much better car it is vs many other higher priced cars.

I never really cared one way or the other on the Lacrosse but knew it was a better car. I just did not realize how much better was. It surpassed any expectations I had.

Does anything say geek louder than sweater vest?

Pocket protectors. Definitely. Definitely pocket protectors.

First off I have been a fan of Buick for over 20 yrs. I think they are the best in the GM bunch. But as a member of a family that has bought from Lexus since they first came out. YOU cannon compare the two. I am sorry I wish it was true but if I had the choice of a Lacrosse or ES 350 I would go with the 350. It is a very well made care, easy to operate and the controls are easy to get to. It is not a Camary in disquise. Yes this is a gm group but have any one of you gone out and truly tested a Lexus. It is quite, drives great and beside general maintenance is not expensive to own. You who are against Lexus are just doing so because it is not an american made vehicle. Well if I had the choice I would buy a car that not built by lazy americans who only care about the union protecting them while they take short cuts and could care less about what they are building. American cars are not built for the long haul. And until this is changed then I will stay away from an american made vehicle.

and have you driven a LaCrosse?

First off I have been a fan of Buick for over 20 yrs.

"cool. maybe he's a vocal supporter of the new lacrosse and will root for the guy in the vid. i mean, his s/n demands buick be brought back and gm clearly has done that. you know he's a happy guy."

I think they are the best in the GM bunch.

"oh yeah. he loves it.."

But as a member of a family that has bought from Lexus since they first came out. YOU cannon compare the two. I am sorry I wish it was true but if I had the choice of a Lacrosse or ES 350 I would go with the 350.

"the hell? ... the hell is this? what just happened? jesus ... my brain is full of fuck."

It is a very well made care, easy to operate and the controls are easy to get to. It is not a Camary in disquise.

"oh god. poor guy. why didn't someone tell him not to drink the bong water?"

Yes this is a gm group but have any one of you gone out and truly tested a Lexus.

"he hasn't test driven a lexus either. i know it. he hasn't test driven one because everyone knows you can't test drive a lexus without relentlessly pursuing 120 mph in the middle of a intersection during 5 o'clock rush hour traffic."

It is quite,

"quite what? what the hell is that supposed to mean? this post ... arrrghhhh ... the hell ..."

drives great

"atfirstiwaslike.jpg"

and beside general maintenance is not expensive to own.

"since when was it expensive to maintain a fucking buick? 3800 series hello? that's just the start ... geeze ... the hell, man?"

You who are against Lexus are just doing so because it is not an american made vehicle.

"i am against lexus because i have never much cared for taking a candlelit bath in tapioca pudding. what does lexus build that's so great? yeah the eye-ess is exciting in the way that masturbating to yourself in the mirror is exciting. i guess if that's this guy's thing, that's cool, but i can't think of that working for anyone."

Well if I had the choice I would buy a car that not built by lazy americans who only care about the union protecting them while they take short cuts and could care less about what they are building.

"wait, is he talking about british leyland now? i don't know where the hell this post is going. someone, please, let me off of this crazy train."

Edited by whiteknight

American cars are not built for the long haul.

"since when were toyotas built for the long haul? toyotas are built to haul your ass into a retaining wall at excessive speeds. did this change overnight? who forgot to give me the memo?"

And until this is changed then I will stay away from an american made vehicle.

"i need an advil after reading this. or, better yet, a 9mm painkiller in my brain."

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor