Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

How's the weather?

post-1757-12687177563396.jpg

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON HAS EXTENDED THE

* FLOOD WARNING FOR SMALL STREAMS IN... BRISTOL COUNTY IN RHODE ISLAND... THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF... BRISTOL... BARRINGTON... KENT COUNTY IN RHODE ISLAND... THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF WARWICK... NEWPORT COUNTY IN RHODE ISLAND... THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF NEWPORT... PROVIDENCE COUNTY IN RHODE ISLAND... THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF... WOONSOCKET... PROVIDENCE... WASHINGTON COUNTY IN RHODE ISLAND... THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF SOUTH KINGSTOWN... WORCESTER COUNTY IN CENTRAL MASSACHUSETTS... THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF... WORCESTER... MILFORD... LEOMINSTER... FITCHBURG... ESSEX COUNTY IN EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS... THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF... NEWBURYPORT... LYNN... LAWRENCE... GLOUCESTER... BEVERLY... MIDDLESEX COUNTY IN EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS... THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF... WALTHAM... SOMERVILLE... NEWTON... LOWELL... FRAMINGHAM... CAMBRIDGE... NORFOLK COUNTY IN EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS... THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF... WEYMOUTH... QUINCY... FRANKLIN... BROOKLINE... SUFFOLK COUNTY IN EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS... THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF BOSTON... BRISTOL COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST MASSACHUSETTS... THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF... TAUNTON... NORTH ATTLEBOROUGH... NEW BEDFORD... FALL RIVER... ATTLEBOROUGH... PLYMOUTH COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST MASSACHUSETTS... THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF... PLYMOUTH... BROCKTON... EASTERN CHESHIRE COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE... THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF... KEENE... JAFFREY... HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE... THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF NASHUA...

* UNTIL 945 AM EDT

3 days of rain and high winds, we got about 9.5 inches of it.

Fun times.

What's weird is that since Friday night the rain and wind has been going nonstop, with sustained winds around 35mph and gusts as high as 6-mph. Come about 10pm tonight and the rain just shot off. Like someone hit a switch. 2 hours later and the skies are clear and the wind is calm.

Plan on checking out the flood damage tomorrow. Glad I live near the highest point in the city.

3 days of rain and high winds, we got about 9.5 inches of it.

Wet Summer... Wet Fall... 60" of Snow and wet Winter...

I have a lake... I'm NOT supposed to... first time since '79... It was small... but now its about 5 acres. If the rain don't cut it soon, and let the water table drop, I'm going to be seriously concerned. I imagine that the rest of the yard is a mere few inches above the water table.

Luckily, we don't have a stream nearby... I don't want to think of the mess if this stuff was moving.

Sunny and 80ish today. Nice day, sucks to be stuck inside w/ sinus infection. Slept 5 hrs this afternoon. Great flooding pics, captured the crashing water around the dam effectively. Those buildings near the dam look really old.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Jersey saw between 4 & 7" officially. Worst damage I've seen in my lifetime WRT trees down. In general, and as flat as central Jersey is, it was not nearly as bad as the pics above show.

Today tho- 66 and sunny- things are drying up surprisingly well.

5.5" (the average) would've been 5.5 feet of snow- I would've made mad money plowing that... :ph34r:

It has actually been a very nice week overall. It was I think 64 for a high which in Northeast Wisconsin is a achievement. Warm tommorrow yet than going back to about 40 on Saturday. I actually dont care since my place of work has been very hot because they dont have the A/C going and the building is a heattrap.

FLURRIES this weekend...

...let me clarify: this was the situation over the Donner Pass (elev. 7239 ft), coming back from Reno to Northern California at about 6 pm Sunday night. From the windward side of the pass down to about 6,000 ft, there were wind-driven horizontal flurries that didn't stick. The weather in Northern Nevada earlier that day was beautiful.

Down here, at sea level, it's about 70 degrees during the day.

Rainy and chilly today, now becoming windy and colder.

But, the last week has been a real gift given that it is March. It's usually a nasty month here, but not this year. The unusual warmth has put all of the plants into overdrive and I'm hoping we don't get a late frost that will trash them.

It hit 81 yesterday and was fairly nice.

Today is kind of breezy and rain is expected. I walked over to a Subway for lunch and it was fairly cold already.

Looking forward to summer and shorts weather...and Europe!