Purchase Possibility.....

That's quite nice. I'd just make sure that the recall work on it was done - there were quite a few on the early GMT360s.

Back when these first came out, I was able to get my best friend's father to get out of his Jeep GC and into an Envoy. I had him go check out the Bravada too because of the added warranty at the time, but it was too fancy for him. Still has the Envoy and its a great truck. We took it to go skiing over new years and over President's weekend.

I am personally a fan of the last generation Bravada. I like the looks and the interior and features( I have it on video) despite the analog gauges. To me it was the Ninety Eight or Eighty Eight of suv's. I had considered one, but was put off by the gas mileage. It has so many wonderful features. The thing I liked was the front end styling because it reminded me of Ninety Eight and Eighty Eight. This is only one of the few ways I can tolerate bucket seats in a vehicle.

Have the recall work done and have it checked out. That price is about right for a 2002.

Well it is Drew's decision, all I'm saying is he could have one purchase and source of expense, an Avalanche, or he can buy the Bravada and a trailer... two sources of expense plus the complications involved in towing. Plus as far as reliability, a GMT800 should be more reliable than a GMT360 and usually cheaper to fix if something does happen, possibly saving him more money over the course of his ownership.

On the other hand, he won't need to keep the trailer hitched to the Olds all the time...

Well, I also look at the Bravada as a stepping stone. I really need a vehicle like yesterday. If I could be like Rodger and drive around the Bravada for 6 - 8 months and then trade into an Avalanche, that would be ideal. The Bravada is much closer to being in reach for me right now.

Keep in mind, either way, I'm paying cash.

Well, I also look at the Bravada as a stepping stone. I really need a vehicle like yesterday. If I could be like Rodger and drive around the Bravada for 6 - 8 months and then trade into an Avalanche, that would be ideal. The Bravada is much closer to being in reach for me right now.

I like that idea...

well, I believe the seats do fold flat.... :AH-HA::blush::blink::drool:.:huh:.XD.-_-

Exactly why I'm not going to buy one for my horny sixteen year old son. I'm too young to become a grandpa!

I've heard it's usually better when they're in the "up" position.:smilewide:

Try a convertible, I've heard it's better when what "Top" is can be changed...

What he said.

Not sure what kind of action though...smilewide.gif

Saw an old 1970ish cutty on the road yesterday...we should talk about Oldsmobile as much as we talk about Pontiac around here, they made some great cars!

I like the Cash idea...thinking of living debt free once the wife's car is paid off...

Well it is Drew's decision, all I'm saying is he could have one purchase and source of expense, an Avalanche, or he can buy the Bravada and a trailer... two sources of expense plus the complications involved in towing. Plus as far as reliability, a GMT800 should be more reliable than a GMT360 and usually cheaper to fix if something does happen, possibly saving him more money over the course of his ownership.

On the other hand, he won't need to keep the trailer hitched to the Olds all the time...

I like the idea of the Bravada for ease of parking in a city like Pittsburg

Here are a couple of low mileage Avalanches in FL.

2002 Black 65,000 M - $8,300

2002 Red 72,000 M - $9,500

2002 Green 65,127 M - $12,994 - Based on one of my friend's experience, these guys can come down.

Ask Fly. He had a couple of good Ave's on sale a while back, when I was browsing his used car inventory.

You and Albert need a good road trip Drew...

Exactly why I'm not going to buy one for my horny sixteen year old son. I'm too young to become a grandpa!

I hope you're not teaching him abstinence only sex ed....

I like the Cash idea...thinking of living debt free once the wife's car is paid off...

I have an ongoing war with banks and anyone who charges interest. All future vehicles for me will be cash only.

I like the idea of the Bravada for ease of parking in a city like Pittsburg

Well the Avalanche was never an issue with parking. It's purely a cost issue and the amount of cash I can muster.

You and Albert need a good road trip Drew...

Still more than I want to spend right now. And that Bravada will last a good long time especially at that price..... now if only my bonus would finally come through...

I can pick you and Albert up at Orlando Airport and you guys can drive back with the vehicle. Or best yet, get the GM test drive loaner, you and Albert drive down and drive back with vehicle.

Try to contain yourself Camino... I did find this one with 49k miles for $2,990..... but it's a little on the old side.

175136.jpg

One gorgeous sweet ride.

Wow, that's an amazing find (if totally impractical).

It may be a local thing, but there are sooooo many Suburbans (and Yukon XLs/Escalades) around here that they don't bring a ton of cash. How tolerant are you of higher mileage examples?

I may scan around a bit If you want me to.

Cash is king, but I think you're going to have a hard time finding a GMT800 for that money and those miles and that vintage.

The reason I am looking at the Oldsmobile is because they took the biggest depreciation hit of anything in the GM stable.