Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

well, I guess my bike is coming out...

Thanks to that nice storm down there, it looks like there's a good chance gas taps $3.00 by the middle of next month... <_< They have people driven by fear that people are lining up to get gas tonight, and on the new they are talking about running out of gas...I don't think so.. :angry: And the price around here jumped 10 cents locally, though I'm hearing a few stations on the east side were creeping to 3 bucks... I'm not filling up...I'm thinking of using my bike a bit more...

Rumors of $3.00/gallon started at about 5:00 tonight, I topped off at $2.49 just in case and went on to make GREAT money on tips. My thinking is that every delivery should pay for a gallon of gas, because my tips and comissions need to cover gas/oil changes/etc, so thats my standard. My comission (right now) is $1.10/delivery, it goes up when gas goes up, my average in tips tonight was like $2.75, I was pulling in close to $4/house. How sweet is that? And gas is still $2.49, plus I was really light on the throttle tonight, so I still have a lot left. I never took the car over 3000 rpm.

Is there away to transfer gas from one car to the other, because my car has half a tank and my wifes car has a full tank so i figured a half tank would be fine on a 4 cyl. car?

[post="6391"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

do you have a hose?

It cost me (well, not me...my company actually) over 45 bucks to put in 15 gallons in the suburban...you guys do the math...us so-calians get shit gas for shit prices...

Impala Pete, has someone been a bad influence on you? You sound like another regular poster here. http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

I filled the truck up Sunday at $2.43/gal.

Tell your bike I'm happy for him, dave. Life is too short.

Now, I'm not that old, but does anyone remember that not long ago, regular fuel was like $0.89/gallon? I used to fill up my 1993 Mercury Tracer for like 11-12 bucks!

How did u go from a 93 Tracer to a 92 Century?

Gas here $2.69-2.79 about.

[post="6525"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

When I had to get rid of the Tracer, my mechanic knew of an old couple retiring and moving down to 1 vehicle. They decided they were going to get rid of their 92 Century and keep their Honda Odyssey. My mechanic informed me the car was in mint condition, low mileage, and he had been giving it oil changes since they got it. The wife only used it to drive to and from work, which was less than 3 miles from her house. So, for 2,500.00, I got a 1992 Century in 2002, with 38,500 miles on it.

Was a great deal, couldn't pass it up. Now, the car has approximately 92,000 miles on it and still runs great.

Now, I'm not that old, but does anyone remember that not long ago, regular fuel was like $0.89/gallon?

I used to fill up my 1993 Mercury Tracer for like 11-12 bucks!

[post="6520"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I do..I used to be able to fill my first Cav for like $10.50...

Man I miss those days... :(

Yesterday it was 2.90 here; I filled up the Alero at 2.70 the other day.

Someone said that in a city about an hour away that they were up to $3.50 a gallon. That's not a good sign at all.

[post="6749"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, I just passed a BP not too far from the house, and the gas was $3.20 for regular self-serve!

Arg. Commuting a long distance (which I have to do with my job), isn't going to be nice--at least it's closer than my last job!

Yeah, I just passed a BP not too far from the house, and the gas was $3.20 for regular self-serve!

Arg.  Commuting a long distance (which I have to do with my job), isn't going to be nice--at least it's closer than my last job!

[post="6774"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I feel lucky in the the fact that I don't live too far away from work

If you have a 15 gallon tank and use it all in a week, you're talking $15 extra a week. *Use less a/c. *Combine trips. *Don't get high-octane unless you need it. It sucks, but its not catastrophic. I'm looking at $2.60/gal for 93 octane, $2.50 for 87.

I have no idea how many gallons my tank holds... But I'm using it up in less than a week. But that's with taking alot of rides for the hell of it and driving it hard. Luckily, the A/C doesn't work, or I'd burn even more... No more of all that, though. Not with gas prices being this high. Today, gas was $2.62... If I had money, I'd fill it up now, before it gets any higher.

Well, there you go - bitching about how much gas costs while still, as you put it, driving around "for the hell of it." Stop doing that and you'll use less gas. D'uh. I'm not trying to pick on you, but its like someone I used to work with who got rid of an old 4cyl Frontier and leased a brand-new Nissan Armada then bitched about how much gas was. D'uh, idiot. Here's your sign.

I delivered, drove to school and back, then delivered more on only half a tank. About 250 miles since early Monday evening, a lot of that idling, I'll take it. Especially since people are still tipping very well. Its up to $2.79 here.

I dont worry about gas anymore, since the MAXX never gets driven after I broke my knee for the seven.....who the fuck am I kidding, does anyone read what I say anymore?  I'll post a pic of my hot bod as soon as my dingleberries fly north for the fall.

[post="7039"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:blink:
As the man in my avatar says ooooohhhhhhkay

Well, of course, Fly... :lol:

I'm done with that anyways. I can't afford it. No senseless rides and no revving it beyond 2500-3000 rpms unless I'm on a hill. It is just a torque-less little thing... It slugs on hills unless you rev the hell out of it.

[post="6994"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

reminds me how suprised my wagon keeps getting decent gas milage, considering
I know that it needs a sensor (or two)

I already had money aside for that..but it got used for gas... :angry:

I can still pull 300-320 miles on a tank..not bad for an old 3.1....

If you have a 15 gallon tank and use it all in a week, you're talking $15 extra a week.

*Use less a/c.
*Combine trips.
*Don't get high-octane unless you need it.

It sucks, but its not catastrophic. I'm looking at $2.60/gal for 93 octane, $2.50 for 87.

[post="6959"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

A/c, what's that? :P

• 3 years later...