• Leo
    • Virgo
    • Libra
    • Scorpio
    • Sagittarius
    • Capricorn
    • Aquarius
    • Pisces

Over the years, I have gone from believer to no believer of these things and I'm veri sceptical as to what their meaning depicts. Sometimes I get outright blown away by what it says and how true it is, sometimes it couldnt be further from the truith.

What's your take?

I can look on any given day and find anywhere from 3-6 horoscopes that might fit me, so I'm not exactly swayed by them.

I suppose perhaps being born in November (I'm a Scorpio) when it's colder and there's less light could have some slight effect on someone's personality, but that seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

Yeah, most of the time mine fall in place and make sense....... I read them practicaly every day as well.... I get mine of MSN and if I go any other site, they tend to be off key...

I don't follow it at all, but I checked out the MSN horoscope for me (Leo). Boy was that completely off!

Go, Sagittarius. We're leading thus far.

I don't know if I believe in it. (I had a co-worker whose birthday fell on the same day, and year, and we had to work on a project together and it was NOT good. I am super organized and methodical and he was a slob.)

However, it is weird that almost all of my friends are Sagittariuses and the other 2 signs belonging to the group called "fire signs": that would be Aries and Leo. And I sure as heck don't ask "What's your birthday so I can see if we can be friends?"

As for the purported characteristics, Sagittariuses are supposed to be the most apt to travel (check), have the broadest assortment of friends (check), like people for what they are and not how they can benefit from them (check) and may change scenarios as they are commitment phobic (check).

One time, I was read my chart based on planets and there was a line that said "You have an odd attraction to foreigners." Bring it on!!! I about fell out of my chair.

I do not read astrology because the Bible condemns it.  See Isaiah 47:13,14.

Definitely not going down this route, but I don't think there's any harm in reading it so long as you don't abide by it. That would be a problem. My faith has an Old and a New Testament.

If you look at it for fun or coincidence and live your life by what your religion dictates, then you should have nothing to worry about.

Moving onward.

God forbid you do anything the bible doesnt like! Im a christian but i and others shouldnt live there whole life being manipulated by the bible.

Btw, i find horoscopes to be 60% correct, im a Gemini

God forbid you do anything the bible doesnt like! Im a christian but i and others shouldnt live there whole life being manipulated by the bible.

Btw, i find horoscopes to be 60% correct, im a Gemini

I hope you're not talking to me. It doesn't seem like it.

no not you

i thought i quoted that other dude, but we can go back to the horsoscope topic, lol

Edited by Chicken4U

As for the purported characteristics, Sagittariuses are supposed to be the most apt to travel Hmm... I like to travel,  have the broadest assortment of friends Hmm... Somethings not right here,  like people for what they are and not how they can benefit from them Hmm... Sounds like me, and may change scenarios as they are commitment phobic Hmm... kinda, kinda not, It depends

Interesting. :P

Scorpio. But I don't believe in all that superstitious hoo-ha. Besides, the Good Book is all anyone needs.

Capricorn.  It's bunk.

Croc, youre a capricorn...? thats what it is! I knew there was something.... my ex is a Capricorn and well....yeah. I'll stop there.

The reason why I brought up this topic is because I dont think I believed somuch in the whole horoscope thing untill now. This whole breakup ordeal and how its not going like I thought it would... only now is the 2006 love forecast and dating forecast allong with everything else just comming into one and making tons of sense.

I wanted to see if anyone else has had the same...or sort of... I can see it works out for some of ya....

Don't believe in any of it. Haven't looked at a single one since I was in my teens, and I didn't believe in it then. If there was some sort of fact or truth in them, there wouldn't be 900 sources for horoscopes, there'd be 1. And it's all worded so ambiguously that 75% can apply to 75% of the signs on a given day.

It's like going to a fortune teller. They know what to say in a universal, ambiguous way so it fits. They give you one small part of yourself and you run with it. They know you are looking for a connection to what they're saying. It's like self therapy, or life coaching in a minor way. I see no harm in it unless you let it rule your existence.

I don't read horoscopes, but I'm an Aries. For some funny reason, I do save my "fortunes" when I eat Chinese. Once I got one that said (paraphrasing here) "You will find treasure while travelling". The next morning I found a dollar in the wet grass while walking around the block. So that was cool.

Croc, youre a capricorn...? thats what it is! I knew there was something.... my ex is a Capricorn and well....yeah. I'll stop there.

The reason why I brought up this topic is because I dont think I believed somuch in the whole horoscope thing untill now. This whole breakup ordeal and how its not going like I thought it would... only now is the 2006 love forecast and dating forecast allong with everything else just comming into one and making tons of sense.

I wanted to see if anyone else has had the same...or sort of... I can see it works out for some of ya....

Uhhhhhh...I wouldn't base what you think you know about me on a star sign...Most people tell me I act like an Aquarius, since my birthday is near the end of Capricorn...but...ocn's right on the whole thing. It's so universal that it's almost always true. And when it isn't directly true, it's metaphorically true, or whatever...

If you really want to find something that works, something with real psychology behind it, check out some books on the Enneagram. That might actually give you some real insight into the breakup as it deals with internal motivations and how these motivations are expressed through the various personality types.

Russ Hudson and Don Riso have several on this subject, and I find them to be very good.

Scorpio here. Sometimes the stuff is pretty accurate, but most of the time its not.  I look at the horoscope every now and then for fun, but I hardly follow it.

Same here... Scorpio; Find it sometimes accurate; fun to read on occasions; never follow it seriously. (Oct 23 is a cusp day but in 1976 it was an entire Scorpio day.)

I will say that the personality profile of a Scorpio is eerily accurate while several other signs wouldn't apply in the least.

However... there are other things involved to help justify the inconsistencies... rising sign anyone?