Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

LaCrosse CXS to get upgraded suspension

1 post in this topic

Filed under: Sedan, Performance, Technology, Buick, Luxury, Quick Spin

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS with HiPer strut front suspension - Click above for high-res image gallery

lacrossehiper---22opta.jpgNow that Buick has a refreshed reason to exist in a post-bankruptcy General Motors, the brand isn't sitting still with its products. Take, for example, the redesigned Buick LaCrosse, which only went on sale about nine months ago. GM is already updating the sedan's hardware. It's not that there was anything terribly wrong with the 2009 LaCrosse we first drove last spring, but GM was already working on improvements that are ready to roll out on the 2010 model year.

The first improvement to hit dealers is a 2.4-liter inline four-cylinder that was announced last year. We've driven that one and will have our first impressions for you next week. However, enthusiast-minded drivers will probably be more interested in Buick's new HiPer strut front suspension. This new adaptation of the long-serving MacPherson strut is designed to almost completely eliminate torque steer while at the same time provide a more compliant ride. Make the jump to learn how it works as we take the 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS with the new HiPer strut front suspension for spin.

Photos by Sam Abuelsamid / Copyright ©2010 Weblogs, Inc.

Continue reading Quick Spin: 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS gets HiPer [w/video]

Quick Spin: 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS gets HiPer [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

autoblog?i=hBYP7PCZagU:tMqzMNAQN-I:wF9xT autoblog?i=hBYP7PCZagU:tMqzMNAQN-I:V_sGL

View the full article

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0