NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

1980 Oldsmobile Diesel video

10 posts in this topic

I think the guy that does the voice over did voice overs for every Chrysler and Ford video of the 80s as well.

If they were that worried about fuel economy though, how come every car in the video is 18 feet long? But the message is valid. Diesels get better mileage and produce loads of torque and run forever. BMW can get 425 lb-ft out of a 3 liter while getting 37 mpg compared big V8s that make that much torque but get only 20 mpg. I don't know why more companies aren't offering diesel. Too bad Olds is gone.

18/27 mpg (using 2008 EPA figures) out of a 5.7 liter V8 in 1984.

Edited by smk4565

I think the guy that does the voice over did voice overs for every Chrysler and Ford video of the 80s as well.

If they were that worried about fuel economy though, how come every car in the video is 18 feet long?

Because that's what the public wanted. Olds had the best selling lineup in those years.

18/27 mpg (using 2008 EPA figures) out of a 5.7 liter V8 in 1984.

But OMG TEH PUSHRODS?!!!

Of course the problem is they all broke down. It was a good idea with poor execution.

Thats only the ones that started ......... Once below freezing was the end till spring

A buddy of mine in high school had an '81 Delta 88 diesel...had over 100k when the engine died around in '87..he and his Dad swapped in an SBC. I think he drove it a few more years into college.

they had disel V6's that died in the 1985 model year. when Ninety Eight was downsized, there was a 4.3 liter diesel V6.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor