ocnblu

GM's Thetas could be so much more

Somewhere in the GM lineup, I believe there should be a compact, affordable, capable, genuine SUV.

Agreed. The Equinox/Terrain are too big and fussy. A unibody SUV can be simple, capable, and rugged too - Yeti, Forester, X-Trail, Patriot, etc.

"Fussy" is a good adjective to describe the pretty, but city-fied Equinox and Terrain. There's a whole lotta country between the Atlantic and Pacific... plus Alaska and Hawaii, so there's a bunch of locales where ppl need something simple, rugged and affordable. Such a GMT355-based SUV could EASILY sell well in Central and South America, Australia and Europe, too.

Edited by ocnblu

"Fussy" is a good adjective to describe the pretty, but city-fied Equinox and Terrain. There's a whole lotta country between the Atlantic and Pacific... plus Alaska and Hawaii, so there's a bunch of locales where ppl need something simple, rugged and affordable. Such a GMT355-based SUV could EASILY sell well in Central and South America, Australia and Europe, too.

Something that is like a modern Jeep XJ Cherokee could do well, I think. The Liberty doesn't live up to the old Cherokee, IMHO...about the only thing in the NA market like it today is the Nissan Xterra. Something cheap, rugged and reliable.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

When I see a beloved old '90s Cherokee parked next to a new Liberty, I'm like whoa. The Liberty is giant. The Cherokee was maneuverable, simple, rugged and reliable.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 65 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook