Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2007 Dodge Nitro

99camaroSS

Chrysler Group today announced the 2007 Dodge Nitro — the first mid-size sport-utility vehicle from the Dodge brand."The Dodge Nitro's styling delivers something extra; that little something mid-size buyers are still searching for — attitude," said George Murphy, Senior Vice President - Global Marketing. "In addition, the Dodge Nitro offers many features that are not typical of a mid-size SUV, such as two V-6 engines, 20-inch tires and chrome-clad aluminum wheels and a performance suspension." Engine choices include V6 engines at 210 and 255-horsepower.

Three models are available: Dodge Nitro, Dodge Nitro SLT and Dodge Nitro R/T. Available on the Dodge Nitro and Dodge Nitro SLT is a 3.7-liter SOHC V-6 engine. It produces 210 hp (157 kW) @ 5,200 rpm and 235 lb.-ft. (319 Nm) @ 4,000 rpm. The Dodge Nitro R/T features a new 4.0-liter V-6 engine that delivers 255 hp (190 kW) @ 5,800 rpm and 275 lb.-ft. torque (360 Nm) @ 4,000 rpm. Standard on the Dodge Nitro R/T and optional on the Nitro SLT is a new performance suspension and 20-inch tires and chrome-clad aluminum wheels, providing performance-oriented drivers with fun-to-drive handling and a firm ride.

Three transmissions — one manual and two automatic — will be offered. The Dodge Nitro comes with a standard six-speed manual or optional four-speed automatic. The Dodge Nitro SLT has a standard four-speed automatic. The Dodge Nitro R/T has a standard five-speed automatic. All U.S. models offer 4×2 and 4×4 capability. The new mid-size SUV boasts excellent acceleration, braking, handling and towing capacity of 5,000 lbs. when properly equipped. Standard on the Dodge Nitro SLT and Dodge Nitro R/T is a new Chrysler Group feature, the LOAD 'N GO cargo floor that slides 18 inches rearward for easy and convenient loading and unloading of packages, and can hold up to 400 pounds. It is made of a heavy-duty plastic for easy cleaning. A compact utility table is an available option on the Dodge Nitro model.

The Dodge Nitro also includes many standard safety features, including Electronic Stability Program, Anti-lock Brake System, Electronic Roll Mitigation and side-curtain airbags.

Available options include a DVD-based navigation system with traffic data update, rear-seat DVD entertainment system, AM/FM/6-disc/DVD/MP3 audio with premium speakers with a subwoofer, remote start, UConnect, and Sirius Satellite Radio

SOURCE: LEFTLANENEWS.COM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dodge also doesn't know their size class-this is still a compact, not mid-size SUV. Good move on NOT offering a 4-cylinder engine, something they shouldn't have bothered with the Liberty the first time anyway.

I love it, though the interior should not be the same as the one in the Caliber. At least DCX has changed its HVAC controls.

The exterior is awesome. It grabs your attention and does not look like anything else on the market.

*snort*It...*snort**giggle*...

:lol: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Remember when Dodge trucks looked good?

By the way, Dodge doesn't know their own history? Their first midsize SUV was the old Durango.

Wasn't the first Dodge branded <though mitusbishi built> mid-sized SUV the Raider?

or would have have been considered a compact?

Remember when Dodge trucks looked good?

NO! :ph34r:

All joking aside this thing needs a paper bag.

Uhmm, I really don't see why everyone on this board finds it so ugly. I really like it; the black one especially. There is a reason the Liberty is the number one selling vehicle in its class, so GM fans should treat this as good competition and not just blow it off as just some ugly truck.

It looks alright, apart from the chrome around the headlights (the concept looked much better without it) and the rear looks exactly like the H3. The interior is better than recent Chryslers, but it's nothing special. I suspect most buyers will be people who were gonna get a Liberty anyway.

Uhmm, I really don't see why everyone on this board finds it so ugly.  I really like it; the black one especially.  There is a reason the Liberty is the number one selling vehicle in its class, so GM fans should treat this as good competition and not just blow it off as just some ugly truck.

To me, when I see this...

Posted Image

I immediately think of this...

Posted Image

...and to me, the Pathfinder looks cleaner and more refined. The Nitro looks like Dodge took the Pathfinder, beefed up the fender flares, watered down the sides and rear, outlined the headlights in trim and slapped a Dodge grille on the front.

I truly think DCX is shooting itself in the foot by trying so hard to be different. Distinctive product is essential in today's automotive market, but from a styling standpoint, it's almost as if they've lost sight of what makes a design appealing. Yes, the Imperial, Compass and Caliber (among others) will turn heads, but I'm not sure it'll be for the right reasons.

Moreover, the blocky design language that's become a prerequisite for DCX designs has quickly gotten old IMO.

I'm a fan of the cab-forward shapes. They seemed sort of futuristic to me. I own one now. Having worked at Arby's when they were running that campaign about being differnet, or something, always remember: Different isn't neccesarily better.

From what they started with, this is not a bad effort. However, I am not a fan of the Jeep Liberty at all. That type of vehicle meets the needs of some people, but for suburbanites and city-dwellers, there are more hospitable and civilized choices.

Well, the Liberty technically isn't for sissy city drivers anyway. Technically, no SUV is, and it should be a law that one must prove the need for an SUV instead of a wagon or minivan or hatchback.

I think it looks great.  I think the Equinox and VUE are going to lose a ton of sales to the Nitro and Ford's Edge.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Correction: You've yet to see the new Chevrolet Crossover...I have so has CSpec...it will light the market up just as the Edge (in my opinion will).

This Nitro is lame, weak and will do nothing to build DCX's bottom-line without $3,000 on the hood.

Well, I like it. The Nitro does away with alot of the gawdiness and poor execution of the recent DCX crop, but it does have a few issues that make it less than perfect.

1.) It looks too much like a Jeep. Sure, the styling is different, and hey, it looks like it does not share any sheetmetal with the Liberty. But the overall DESIGN just screams Jeep. Some other styling faults include the headlights, Cherokee-era rear with undifferentiated taillights (rectangles). Overuse of chrome outline at back of headlights, and as usual, the front bumper has too much emphasis.

2.) The interior continues the DCX plasti-util trend. DCX interiors have become terribly basic, lacking design, and chock full of plastic. Cost-cutting at its finest...

3.) Its based on the Liberty. The Liberty isn't really known for its great ride & drive. It's also ridiculously heavy...the 3.7L is going to be dying in this jumbo-Liberty...will the new 4.0L be able to keep pace with competitors?

However, with all these quirks, this is a nice design. Its got a great stance, nice simple body, prominent grill, and a unique (outside of DCX) appearance. If the 4.0L is priced right, this will sell well.

1.) It looks too much like a Jeep.  Sure, the styling is different, and hey, it looks like it does not share any sheetmetal with the Liberty.  But the overall DESIGN just screams Jeep.  Some other styling faults include the headlights, Cherokee-era rear with undifferentiated taillights (rectangles).  Overuse of chrome outline at back of headlights, and as usual, the front bumper has too much emphasis.

3.) Its based on the Liberty.  The Liberty isn't really known for its great ride & drive.  It's also ridiculously heavy...the 3.7L is going to be dying in this jumbo-Liberty...will the new 4.0L be able to keep pace with competitors?

1.) How can this scream JEEP, when it looks like an old Dodge Power Wagon?

Posted Image

Posted Image

3.) The Liberty wasn't known for it's "great ride" becasue the wheelbase was kinda short, whihc is good for off-roading but bad for highway bounciness. I believe that the wheelbase has been stretched for the new Liberty and the Nitro. It should take away some of the bounciness.

Why would the new 4.0L not be able to keep up? I think the newest competitor for this is the new bigger Toyota Rav4, which everyone was amazed that it had 268 HP, but it also only has 246 ft/lbs of torque. With 255 HP and 275 ft/lbs of torque, I'm sure the Nitro will "keep up" with it's competitors.

....and if you guys think this car has a cheap interior, I wonder what you think of the Equinox? This is one of nicest interiors the Chrysler Group has put of in a while. How can anyone complain about an interior being plastic? All interiors are plastic. There is no evidence from these pictures that they've used "cheap plastic".

Nitro

Posted Image

Nox

Posted Image

1.) How can this scream JEEP, when it looks like an old Dodge Power Wagon?

Posted Image

Posted Image

3.)  The Liberty wasn't known for it's "great ride" becasue the wheelbase was kinda short, whihc is good for off-roading but bad for highway bounciness.  I believe that the wheelbase has been stretched for the new Liberty and the Nitro.  It should take away some of the bounciness.

Why would the new 4.0L not be able to keep up?  I think the newest competitor for this is the new bigger Toyota Rav4, which everyone was amazed that it had 268 HP, but it also only has 246 ft/lbs of torque.  With 255 HP and 275 ft/lbs of torque, I'm sure the Nitro will "keep up" with it's competitors.

....and if you guys think this car has a cheap interior, I wonder what you think of the Equinox?  This is one of nicest interiors the Chrysler Group has put of in a while.  How can anyone complain about an interior being plastic?  All interiors are plastic.  There is no evidence from these pictures that they've used "cheap plastic".

Nitro

Posted Image

Nox

Posted Image

Interior will look and more importantly feel different in person.

Correction: You've yet to see the new Chevrolet Crossover...I have so has CSpec...it will light the market up just as the Edge (in my opinion will).

This Nitro is lame, weak and will do nothing to build DCX's bottom-line without $3,000 on the hood.

Correction: You've yet to see what the sales will be for the Nitro, so you don't know for sure how the Nitro will or won't add to DCX's bottom line. I stated my position as a prediction, not an absolute. Also, I was talking about the current Equinox and VUE. I haven't seen the upcoming crossovers, so I have no opinion on them. Time will tell.

Glad to hear you and CSpec think so highly of the upcoming crossovers. GM really needs some vehicles that can light up the market.

Edited by 4gm

Full specs for the Nitro:

DODGE NITRO SPECIFICATIONS

PRELIMINARY

The information below is preliminary and based on data available at the time of publication. All dimensions are in inches (millimeters) at curb weight with standard wheels and tires unless otherwise noted.

GENERAL INFORMATION

Body Style Four-door sport-utility

Assembly Plant Toledo North Assembly Plant, Toledo, Ohio

EPA Vehicle Class Multi-purpose vehicle

ENGINE: 3.7-LITER SOHC V-6

Availability Nitro and Nitro SLT

Type and Description 90° V-6, liquid-cooled w/balance shaft

Displacement 225.8 cu. in. (3700 cu. cm)

Bore x Stroke 3.66 x 2.31 (93.0 x 90.8)

Valve System Chain-driven SOHC, 12 valves, hydraulic end-pivot roller rockers

Fuel Injection Sequential, multi-port, electronic, returnless

Construction Cast iron block and bedplate, aluminum alloy heads, balance shaft

Compression Ratio 9.6:1

Power (SAE net) 210 hp (157 kW) @ 5,200 rpm

Torque (SAE net) 235 lb.-ft. (319 N•m) @ 4,000 rpm

Max. Engine Speed 6,000 rpm (electronically limited)

Fuel Requirement Unleaded regular, 87 octane (R+M)/2

Oil Capacity 5.0 qt. (4.7L) SAE 5W/30

Emission Controls 2, mini-oxidation & 2, 3-way catalytic converters; 4 heated oxygen sensors, EGR & internal engine features1

Alternator 160 A

Battery 600 CCA, maintenance-free

Estimated EPA Fuel Economy

mpg (city/hwy) Automatic/Manual 18/23

Assembly Plant Mack Avenue Engine Plant

1 Meets ULEV II emission standard in all 50 states

ENGINE: 4.0-LITER SOHC V-6

Availability Standard on Nitro R/T

Type and Description 60-degree bank angle, liquid-cooled, with three-plenum intake manifold, electronically controlled manifold tuning valve and short-runner valves

Displacement 241.2 cu. in. (3952 cu. cm)

Bore x Stroke 3.78 x 3.58 (96 x 91)

Valve System SOHC, 24 valves, hydraulic, center-pivot roller rocker arms

Fuel Injection Sequential, multi-port, electronic

Construction Semi-permanent molded aluminum block with cast iron liners and cast aluminum heads

Compression Ratio 10.3:1

Power (SAE net, estimated) 255 hp (190 kW) @ 5,800 rpm

Torque (SAE net, estimated) 275 lb.-ft. (360 N•m) @ 4,000 rpm

Max. Engine Speed 5,800 rpm (electronically limited)

Fuel Requirement Unleaded mid-grade, 89 octane (R+M)/2 – preferred, unleaded regular, 87 octane (R+M)/2 – acceptable

Oil Capacity 6 qt. (5.7L) with dry filter

Coolant Capacity 10.3 qt. (9.75L)

Emission Controls Maniverter 3-way catalytic converters, quad-heated oxygen sensors and internal engine features2

Alternator 160 A

Battery 600 CCA, maintenance-free

Estimated EPA Fuel Economy

mpg (city/hwy) Automatic 17/21

Assembly Plant Trenton Engine Plant

2 Meets Federal Tier 2, Bin 8 emissions requirements; marketed in California as an ULEV1 (Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle) under cleanest vehicle rules

TRANSMISSION: NSG 370 MANUAL SIX-SPEED OVERDRIVE

Availability 3.7-liter SOHC V-6

Description Synchronized in all forward gears and reverse, multi-rail shift system with top-mounted shift lever

Clutch Hydraulic actuation, dual mass flywheel system

Gear Ratios

1st 4.46

2nd 2.61

3rd 1.72

4th 1.25

5th 1.00

6th 0.84

Reverse 4.06

Axle 3.21 with 3.7-liter SOHC V-6

Overall Top Gear 2.70 with 3.7-liter SOHC V-6

TRANSMISSION: 42RLE – AUTOMATIC FOUR-SPEED OVERDRIVE

Availability Optional with 3.7-liter SOHC V-6

Description Adaptive electronic control, electronically controlled converter clutch

Gear Ratios

1st 2.84

2nd 1.57

3rd 1.0

4th 0.69

Reverse 2.21

Axle Ratio 3.73

Overall Top Gear 2.57

TRANSMISSION: A 580 – AUTOMATIC FIVE-SPEED OVERDRIVE

Availability Standard on 4.0-liter SOHC V-6

Description Adaptive electronic control, Electronic Range Select (ERS) and electronically modulated torque converter clutch

Gear Ratios

1st 3.59

2nd 2.19

3rd 1.41

4th 1.00

5th 0.83

Reverse 3.16

Axle 3.55 with 4.0-liter SOHC V-6

Overall Top Gear 2.95 with 4.0-liter SOHC V-6

TRANSFER CASE: MP 143 GII SINGLE-SPEED

Availability Included on 4WD with manual transmission

Type Part-time

Operating Ranges 2WD, 4WD part-time, electronically shifted

Center Differential Type N/A

Torque Split, F/R 50/50

TRANSFER CASE: MP 140 GII SINGLE-SPEED

Availability Included on 4WD with automatic transmission

Type Full-time

Operating Ranges 4WD full-time

Center Differential Type Planetary

Torque Split, F/R 48/52

DIMENSIONS AND CAPACITIES

General

Wheelbase 108.8 (2763.0)

Track, Front 61.0 (1549.4)

Track, Rear 61.0 (1549.4)

Overall Length 178.9 (4544.0)

Overall Width 73.1 (1856.9)

Overall Height 69.9 (1775.8)

Approach Angle, degrees 25.6

Breakover Angle, degrees 22.0

Departure Angle, degrees 26.7

Aero CdA 11.7

Aero Cd 0.39

Fuel Tank Capacity 19.5 gal. (74.0L)

Maximum Payload, lbs. (kg),

Includes Occupants and Cargo 1,150 lbs. (590 kg)

Towing Capacities, lbs. (kg)

3.7L Gasoline Engine,

Manual Transmission 2,000 (907)

3.7L Gasoline Engine,

Manual Transmission

w/Trailer Tow Package 3,500 (1588)

3.7L and 4.0L Gasoline Engine,

Automatic Transmission 2,000 (907)

3.7L and 4.0L Gasoline Engine,

Automatic Transmission

w/Trailer Tow Package 5,000 (2268)

Weights, curb, base vehicle, lbs. (kg)

3.7L Gasoline Engine, 2WD Nitro, manual transmission – 3931.9 (1783.5) Nitro SLT, automatic transmission – 3982.4 (1806.4)

3.7L Gasoline Engine, 4WD Nitro, manual transmission – 4105.3 (1862.2) Nitro SLT, automatic transmission – 4161.8 (1887.8)

4.0L Gasoline Engine, 2WD Nitro R/T, automatic transmission – 3971.3 (1801.4)

4.0L Gasoline Engine, 4WD Nitro R/T, automatic transmission – 4150.9 (1882.8)

ACCOMMODATIONS

Seating Capacity – F/R 2/3

Front Row

Head Room 40.6 (1032.1)

Leg Room 40.8 (1036.4)

Shoulder Room 57.2 (1452.2)

Hip Room 56.8 (1443.9)

Seat Travel 9.0 (229.1)

Recliner Range 6.6° to 51.6°

Second Row

Head Room 40.8 (1036.5)

Leg Room 37.7 (946.3)

Shoulder Room 56.4 (1433.4)

Hip Room 47.4 (1202.9)

Cargo Volume, cu. ft. (cu. m)

Behind Rear Seat 32.1 (0.9)

With Rear Seat Folded 65.2 (1.8)

With Front Passenger and

Rear Seats Folded 75.6 (2.1)

BODY/CHASSIS

Layout Longitudinal front engine, rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive

Construction Steel unibody

SUSPENSION

Front Upper and lower “A” arms, coil springs, low-pressure gas-charged shock absorbers, stabilizer bar

Rear Live axle, upper and lower trailing arms, track bar, coil springs, stabilizer bar, low-pressure gas-charged shock absorbers

STEERING

Type Power rack-and-pinion

Overall Ratio 17.36:1

Turning Diameter (curb-to-curb) 36.3 ft. (11.1 m)

Steering Turns (lock-to-lock) 3.42

BRAKES

Power Assist Type 10 (254) single-diaphragm vacuum

Four-Wheel Anti-Lock (ABS) Standard on all

Electronic Stability Program (ESP) Standard on all

Parking Brake Type Drum-in-hat

Front

Size and Type 11.9 x 1.1 (302 x 28) vented rotor with 2.6 (66) single-piston floating caliper

Swept Area (total front) 190.8 sq. in. (1231.0 sq. cm)

Rear

Size and Type 12.44 x 0.47 (316 x 12) solid rotor with 1.9 (48) single-piston floating caliper

Swept Area (total rear) 55.4 sq. in. (357.6 sq. cm)

WHEELS

Type and Material Painted steel, Sparkle Silver

Size 16 x 7.0

Availability Standard Nitro

Type and Material Painted cast aluminum, Sparkle Silver

Size 16 x 6.5

Availability Optional Nitro

Type and Material Painted cast aluminum, Sparkle Silver

Size 17 x 7.0

Availability Standard Nitro SLT, optional Nitro

Type and Material Chrome-clad cast aluminum

Size 17 x 7.0

Availability Optional Nitro SLT

Type and Material Chrome-clad cast aluminum

Size 20 x 7.5

Availability Standard R/T, optional Nitro SLT

Type and Material Platinum cast aluminum

Size 20 x 7.5

Availability Optional Nitro R/T

TIRES

Size and Type P225/75R16, all season, black side wall

Model Goodyear Wrangler ST

Revs/Mile (Km) 712 (1146)

Availability Standard Nitro

Size and Type P235/65R17, outline white letters

Model Goodyear Performance Wrangler HP

Revs/Mile (Km) 721 (1160)

Availability Optional Nitro

Size and Type P235/65R17, vertically serrated band

Model Goodyear Wrangler HP

Revs/Mile (Km) 721 (1160)

Availability Standard Nitro SLT, optional Nitro

Size and Type P245/50R20, all season, black side wall

Model Goodyear Eagle HP

Revs/Mile (Km) 700 (1126)

Availability Standard Nitro R/T, optional Nitro SLT

Credit to "mphmag" on Allpar.com (and on here too!)

From what they started with, this is not a bad effort.  However, I am not a fan of the Jeep Liberty at all.  That type of vehicle meets the needs of some people, but for suburbanites and city-dwellers, there are more hospitable and civilized choices.

I don't know when the last time was that you drove a Liberty extensively, but my '06 is VERY civilized...quiet on the freeway, with a GREAT ride (considering the truck-based chassis...amazing.) It doesn't float or wallow, and swallows bumps really well. Maybe they've refined the ride in previous years....all I can say is there is nothing uncomfortable or jarring about it.

MY Liberty is PERFECT for me (both suburbanite AND city-dweller.) I spend all my time driving all around the L.A. basin (in L.A. traffic) and it's GREAT for that.

Well, I like it.  The Nitro does away with alot of the gawdiness and poor execution of the recent DCX crop, but it does have a few issues that make it less than perfect.

1.) It looks too much like a Jeep.  Sure, the styling is different, and hey, it looks like it does not share any sheetmetal with the Liberty.  But the overall DESIGN just screams Jeep.  Some other styling faults include the headlights, Cherokee-era rear with undifferentiated taillights (rectangles).  Overuse of chrome outline at back of headlights, and as usual, the front bumper has too much emphasis.

2.) The interior continues the DCX plasti-util trend.  DCX interiors have become terribly basic, lacking design, and chock full of plastic.  Cost-cutting at its finest...

3.) Its based on the Liberty.  The Liberty isn't really known for its great ride & drive.  It's also ridiculously heavy...the 3.7L is going to be dying in this jumbo-Liberty...will the new 4.0L be able to keep pace with competitors?

However, with all these quirks, this is a nice design.  Its got a great stance, nice simple body, prominent grill, and a unique (outside of DCX) appearance.  If the 4.0L is priced right, this will sell well.

The 3.7L is fine in a Liberty....and don't expect this minor body stretch to add significantly to the weight. I've also driven a 3.7L Grand Cherokee and a 3.7L Durango and while not fast, they do just fine.

See my above post on the Liberty's ride-and-drive. It's probably just about the best ride/handling combo of any of the truck-based SUVs. I know this from personal experience.....and having owned two different Libertys.

I truly think DCX is shooting itself in the foot by trying so hard to be different.  Distinctive product is essential in today's automotive market, but from a styling standpoint, it's almost as if they've lost sight of what makes a design appealing.  Yes, the Imperial, Compass and Caliber (among others) will turn heads, but I'm not sure it'll be for the right reasons. 

Moreover, the blocky design language that's become a prerequisite for DCX designs has quickly gotten old IMO.

:withstupid:

....and if you guys think this car has a cheap interior, I wonder what you think of the Equinox?  This is one of nicest interiors the Chrysler Group has put of in a while.  How can anyone complain about an interior being plastic?  All interiors are plastic.  There is no evidence from these pictures that they've used "cheap plastic".

Nitro

Posted Image

Nox

Posted Image

What are you smoking? That interior is absolutely disgusting while the Equinox's (in Torrent form, mind you) is atleast somewhat appealling. I realize the truth can be hard to admit sometimes, but come on... Nicest interior DCX has done in a while?!?!?!? :blink: Well, if I could remember the last nice interior DCX has done... It's been so long, you know. Lately, DCX and "nice interior" haven't gone hand in hand. Now stop smoking whatever you're smoking... It's clearly affecting your judgement. Edited by blackviper8891

I'm a fan of the cab-forward shapes. They seemed sort of futuristic to me. I own one now. Having worked at Arby's when they were running that campaign about being differnet, or something, always remember: Different isn't neccesarily better.

yeah, but my 99 intrepid es was a stone chip magnet. cab forward, front slung low= lots of chip action on the freeway. the good side is my daughter got side swiped into a concrete barrier, on I-75, at 70 MPH and walked away. the car was a total, right up to the drivers cage.

Well.. the look of the Equinox/Torrent interior looks more uniform and streamlined when compared to the oddly shaped Nitro interior. Though, I must say that the Nitro is one of the better looking of the SUVs Chrysler or Dodge have come out with and it doesn't look cheap. Though, it may change when the actual vehicle comes out. So.. while GM and Ford are improving their interiors.. Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep aren't really doing much at all.

Well.. the look of the Equinox/Torrent interior looks more uniform and streamlined when compared to the oddly shaped Nitro interior.  Though, I must say that the Nitro is one of the better looking of the SUVs Chrysler or Dodge have come out with and it doesn't look cheap.  Though, it may change when the actual vehicle comes out.  So.. while GM and Ford are improving their interiors.. Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep aren't really doing much at all.

Ummm.....those are the production Nitro pictures.

While I think the new GM interior does look better than the old one, I wouldn't say definatively that its better than the Nitro. I think both are just fine and until I sat in both I don't think I could really chose. As for those that think the exterior design is ugly, I think there will be plenty that will line up with the checkbooks and disagree.