Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Nissan Leaf EV priced from $32,780, $2,200 charger not included

11 posts in this topic

Filed under: Car Buying, Hatchback, Nissan, Electric

nissan-leafhi008opt.jpg
Nissan Leaf EV - Click above for high-res image gallery

Sure enough, if you want to lay your hands on the upcoming Nissan Leaf EV, you better get ready to shell out $32,780 of your hard-earned cash. The good news is, the Leaf qualifies for the largest federal tax credit available - a full $7,500. Once you factor in the bonus cash, the world's newest plug-in will set you back around $25,280. Nissan will start taking reservations for the car on April 20, and the company is also offering lease options starting around $349 per month.

There will be a few other expenses associated with the purchase, the least of which is the $99 reservation fee. Buyers will need to pay an additional $2,200 for the necessary charging station and installation. Uncle Sam will throw another $2,000 tax credit your way for that equipment, though. If everything stays on track, buyers should see there battery-powered purchases arrive by December. Follow the jump for Nissan's official press release in case your interested in being one of the first to buy.

[source: Nissan]

Continue reading Nissan Leaf EV priced from $32,780, $2,200 charger not included

Nissan Leaf EV priced from $32,780, $2,200 charger not included originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=E4Yu8MASkt4:pd2J1ZwTfD8:wF9xT autoblog?i=E4Yu8MASkt4:pd2J1ZwTfD8:V_sGL
E4Yu8MASkt4

View the full article

Wow, that's very competitive pricing. I'd take one over a loaded Prius.

This is the first I've seen the front of this car. Amazing- the headlights start at the same distance back as the wipers {shudders}.

This is the first I've seen the front of this car. Amazing- the headlights start at the same distance back as the wipers {shudders}.

Yeah, pretty cool detail, eh? And the taillight clusters go as high the top of the rear doors.

Doesn't the buyer also have to rent the battery pack or something like that? What's the cost on that?

Yeah, pretty cool detail, eh?

Yes; "shudder" usually = 'I love it'.

Doesn't the buyer also have to rent the battery pack or something like that? What's the cost on that?

Nope, MSRP includes the battery, just not the charger for your home.

Nope, MSRP includes the battery, just not the charger for your home.

And you don't even really need it. Most people will be fine charging from a standard socket. But I understand there is a 50% rebate on the cost if you do opt for it.

This is a pretty good price... very good with all the incentives out there. If Nissan is really making money at this price point they will likely ramp up production. GM, on the other hand, is really going to have to drop the price of the Volt to compete. This will likely cause a lot of pressure for them to keep the volume low.

The Volt is a better solution than the Leaf to achieve green orgasm if the person drives any kind of distance.

I do not like the looks of this thing, a pregnant guppy.

In general, all-electric is ideal for a commute and local errands, but essentially worthless for trips. Volt is excellent though not quite ideal for the commuting, but you can go anywhere with it. An all-electric could be a very nice 2nd car for a family, but the Volt can make sense as a primary/only car. Advantage completely depends on the buyer's situation. Volt wins hands-down on styling IMO though.

In general, all-electric is ideal for a commute and local errands, but essentially worthless for trips. Volt is excellent though not quite ideal for the commuting, but you can go anywhere with it. An all-electric could be a very nice 2nd car for a family, but the Volt can make sense as a primary/only car. Advantage completely depends on the buyer's situation. Volt wins hands-down on styling IMO though.

+1