Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

BMW 6-Series Coupe spied for the first time

4 posts in this topic

BMW 6-Series Coupe spied for the first time

03/30/2010, 4:26 PMBY MARK KLEIS

For the first time ever, our spies have captured photos of what will become the next-generation 6-Series Coupe. To date, the 6-Series has only been spied in convertible form, but we now have proof that BMW has some positive changes in store for its 6-Series Coupe.

This test mule was spotted on the streets on Munich, wearing nothing but thin psychedelic black and white camouflage. Given the fairly revealing nature of the photos, we can tell that the newest 6-Series Coupe will be sporting a much more refined rear-fascia – ditching the somewhat controversial styling of the current model.

Overall, the next 6-Series Coupe appears to be paying homage to the simple design of the original 6-Series in the 1970s and 1980s. Up front, this coupe seems to be borrowing the narrow and lower front-end styling found on the modern Maserati Gran Turismo – although it lacks the distinctive wheel-well arch found on its Italian friend. More obviously, the 6-Series certainly shares much of its design language and overall shape with virtually every modern Aston Martin coupe.

Like the convertible 6-Series mule that has been spied, the coupe also appears to feature a stance that has been slightly dropped – giving it a sportier feel and look. BMW is said to have wanted to go after a more mainstream buyer, and is looking to appeal to traditional sports car buyers with its changes.

In late 2009, Leftlane reported about an interview with Automobile Magazine in which BMW boss, Jim O’Donnell, said, “In my opinion, the next 6-series is the best-looking car that BMW has done in years. It’s really stunning.”

One major change we can count on will be the addition of BMW’s new 8-speed transmission. The motor lineup should solider on mostly unchanged, including the 6-Series’ V10 M option.

The next 6-Series isn’t expected to debut until March 2011 at the Geneva Motor Show.

link:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-6-series-coupe-future.html

Looks huge. I actually like the current 6--very original and will look fresh for a long time.

Reminds me of the last Monte Carlo for some reason.

Sales will no doubt be pathetic.

Looks huge. I actually like the current 6--very original and will look fresh for a long time.

Yes, it still looks good, but this new 6 is moving to the new large RWD platform that the new 7 and new 5 are using. Next 1 and 3 series will be using the small RWD platform.