Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

New York 2010: Mercedes-Benz E350 4Matic Wagon returns with throwback third-row

11 posts in this topic

Filed under: New York Auto Show, Wagon, Mercedes-Benz, Luxury

00-2011-e-class-wagon-us.jpg
2011 Mercedes-Benz E350 4Matic Wagon - Click above for high-res image gallery

24-2011-e-class-wagon-us-jumpseat.jpgWith a refreshed R-Class debuting this morning and a general understanding that most automakers think Americans prefer trucks to wagons, it was a bit of a pleasant surprise to find Mercedes-Benz taking the wraps off a U.S. market 2011 E350 4Matic Wagon here at the 2010 New York Auto Show today. When we first saw this estate at the Frankfurt Motor Show, we were told not to expect an American showing of the vehicle. Well, Mercedes has apparently had a change of heart as they debuted the wagon, and in 4Matic trim no less.

The E-Class Wagon joins the thoroughly revised sedan and coupe variants of Merc's mid-sizer and shares much of their styling outside and in. The one big difference obviously is the wagon back, which looks very handsome to our two-box-lovin' eyes. There's also the surprise of available jump seats in the "way-back," which pop out of the floor of the cargo area and go back-to-back with the rear bench, giving the little ones a great view of traffic behind them. The outgoing model had them as an option as well, but we can't think of any other U.S. cars that still sell these rear-facing "way back" seats.

Mercedes is only bringing the E350 4Matic version of the E-wagon for now, although hope springs eternal that an E63 AMG Wagon might be in the cards eventually, even if it's only a special-order item like the last one was. For now, there are a whole batch of live shots from New York along with a press release after the jump.

Photos by Frank Filliponio / Copyright ©2010 Weblogs, Inc.

[source: Mercedes-Benz]

Continue reading New York 2010: Mercedes-Benz E350 4Matic Wagon returns with throwback third-row

New York 2010: Mercedes-Benz E350 4Matic Wagon returns with throwback third-row originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:17:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=6ubYXsk8nFk:Un9Utw3veXc:wF9xT autoblog?i=6ubYXsk8nFk:Un9Utw3veXc:V_sGL
6ubYXsk8nFk

View the full article

A bit of 'following Cadillac in the U.S. market' here ??

Hardly....MB has had a midsize wagon in the US for over 30 years.

Hardly....MB has had a midsize wagon in the US for over 30 years.

They were not supposed to bring the current generation, this side of the pond.

When we first saw this estate at the Frankfurt Motor Show, we were told not to expect an American showing of the vehicle. Well, Mercedes has apparently had a change of heart as they debuted the wagon, and in 4Matic trim no less.

That's pretty cool that M-B does 4 body styles of their midsize model.

That's pretty cool that M-B does 4 body styles of their midsize model.

And Cadillac only wants one body style for NG CTS, which will be competing with MB E directly.

I personally like the CTS formula at this point. It is formidable enough to send some shivers in the Germans.

As for the 3rd seat, good luck fitting more than a Chihuahua in the seat.

And Cadillac only wants one body style for NG CTS, which will be competing with MB E directly.

I personally like the CTS formula at this point. It is formidable enough to send some shivers in the Germans.

Ya, for the next CTS I think they should stick to the current formula and add a convertible.

As for the 3rd seat, good luck fitting more than a Chihuahua in the seat.

Heh-heh...the rear seat looks big enough to hold my Yorkie and my Westies.

Heh-heh...the rear seat looks big enough to hold my Yorkie and my Westies.

I hope you are not pulled over by PITA for animal abuse for putting them in that tiny seat.

I've always liked big Merc wagons. They just look right. Brings back memories when I was carpooled to school in one as a kid.

my kid 11 mo old is in a rear face car seat right now.

if i put him in this third row with the rear face seat, then he would actually be sitting forward. cool.

of course hed actually be toast in a rear ender.....

Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0