• Welcome Guest!

Founded in 2001, CheersandGears.com is one of the oldest continuously running automotive enthusiast communities on the net. 

Sign in to follow this  
NewsFeeder

New York 2010: 2011 Scion iQ is a little intriguing

Filed under: New York Auto Show, Budget, Japan, Hatchback, Scion

leadsciontcny2010iqlive.jpg
2011 Scion iQ - Click above for high-res image gallery

Well, well, well - it looks like Toyota's iQ is coming to the U.S. after all, only it will be (as reported) sporting a Scion badge. Makes sense. Especially as according to Scion, the world's smallest four-seater is aimed squarely at a very young demographic. Not just young, but hip and urban, too. In fact, we were told that the iQ represents a "new urbanism," and is a vehicle for a "progressive buyer." We can hear Glenn Beck's aneurysm from here.

As for details, the "mini-er, smart-er" iQ sports a 1.3-liter engine delivering its not-yet-divulged power through a CVT. Mileage should be in the high 30s, which is reasonable but far from overwhelming for such a small package. The iQ will also ship with stability control, traction control and ABS, as well as ten - count 'em - ten airbags, as well as the industry's first-ever rear window bag. As for now, that's the whole story. We'll update you on price, performance specs, and on-sale date when we know more. Press release after the jump.

Photos by Drew Phillips / Copyright ©2010 Weblogs, Inc.

Continue reading New York 2010: 2011 Scion iQ is a little intriguing

New York 2010: 2011 Scion iQ is a little intriguing originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 31 Mar 2010 15:41:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=VgVeLmGomCs:qGs1o4jxDTg:wF9xT autoblog?i=VgVeLmGomCs:qGs1o4jxDTg:V_sGL
VgVeLmGomCs

View the full article

It's an option. The 4 seater comes with a roof rack, helmet and 2 lawn chairs.

rotflmao.gif

It is tiny!

Looks good. More practical than a fortwo, and it actually has unique engineering and design, unlike other Scions. I prefer it to the Toyota version. I'll take it over the Aston variant as well. :lol:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook