Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

New York 2010: Chevrolet Cruze RS ups the entry level ante

11 posts in this topic

Filed under: New York Auto Show, Budget, Sedan, Chevrolet, GM

leadchevycruzersny2010live.jpg
2011 Chevrolet Cruze RS - Click above for high-res image gallery

Here's the skinny: The Cruze RS is an appearance package for Chevy buyers who want a Cruze with a higher level of panache. That out of the way, the RS sports sexier front and rear fascias along with more aggressive rocker panels. Don't forget the pretty OK-looking fog lamps. There's a slick rear spoiler, too. We're also pretty smitten with the big, aluminum wheels that are slathered in some impressive rubber - 235/40/19 to be specific. That's pretty large. Inside features a blacked out interior with leather seats and fabric dash materials.

The Cruze RS get's the same 1.4-liter VVT turbo as the Cruse Eco (as well as 70% of all Cruzes, so says Chevy) and should be coming on line just after the regular Cruze (finally) arrives in the third quarter of this year to eventually replace the aging Cobalt. Until then, make the jump to read the press release.

Photos by Drew Phillips / Copyright ©2010 Weblogs, Inc.

Continue reading New York 2010: Chevrolet Cruze RS ups the entry level ante

New York 2010: Chevrolet Cruze RS ups the entry level ante originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=UmdvOxQ_LEM:Hb3xvXwlq3o:wF9xT autoblog?i=UmdvOxQ_LEM:Hb3xvXwlq3o:V_sGL
UmdvOxQ_LEM

View the full article

The only thing about this car that really offends me is that cheap looking black plastic fakeout on the C-pillar. If they would remove this one offending element, then I think this car would be a winner. It definitely isn't as progressive looking as the next gen Focus, but it is a fairly solid design.

The only thing about this car that really offends me is that cheap looking black plastic fakeout on the C-pillar. If they would remove this one offending element, then I think this car would be a winner. It definitely isn't as progressive looking as the next gen Focus, but it is a fairly solid design.

The Cruze wins on the interior. The Focus wins on the exterior.

Depends if you like simple or fancy, I guess.

That said, both are on my shopping list.....

I would say the Cruze wins both... I find the Focus to look a little too 'busy' especially up front. All the Cruze really needs is a better rear Fascia (mainly the T/L cluster which would look better if the quad setup was transplanted from the Cobalt Coupe).

Depends if you like simple or fancy, I guess.

That said, both are on my shopping list.....

No. I'm talking about even just the feel of the dials and feeling of quality before you even get to a styling critique. GM easily surpassed Ford on the interior on this one.

[bandwagon]Bland taillights, slightly mis-matched headlights, and the C-pillar adornment ruins this car for me.[/bandwagon]

Seriously. Fix that in a MCE and the car is great.

I do like how the fender line curves down and around at the front like something out of the 1930's. Seriously, no sarcasm. It appears buttoned down and conservative where the Focus is sporty and elegant.

We'll have to see how the two rivals compare head to head (Ford v. Chevy) in their U.S. iterations, but based on Euro car buff mag tests, the Ford wins.

Can anyone link to a glowing Euro Cruze road test article?

I'd like to see a comparison between Focus and Cruze saloons... I believe Chevrolet is still seen as a step below Opel over there (the Astra is a more likely candidate for a matchup with Focus). I wonder how the Astra and Cruze are positioned over there, relative to one another.

Edited by ocnblu

Having seen the new Focus in person, I will say that I like the styling of the Cruze alot better. The tail lights are crappy looking, but otherwise, its a handsome car.

This RS makes it look that much better in my eyes.

daves87rs: That rear bumper is what I really like. Wierd! I think it stands out/looks unique.

I have a feeling the Cruze will not come close to matching the driving dynamics of the Focus.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0