Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

APRIL CAR SPOTTERS EASTER BASKET

Sry about the lame thread title this month, but nonetheless, let's "hunt" the yard (and highways) for some tasty morsels. Have you spotted any cool cars? Post your spots here.

Edited by ocnblu

XLR-V, red, cruising (not noteworthy IMO).

'71 Challenger hardtop, panel-painted like some '70s race cars, custom grille over headlights, basically blue, perfect, parked.

'71 'cuda hardtop, in driveway, project car, tarp hald blown off, green & primer.

'68 Chevelle SS hardtop, metallic green, Magnum 500s, gorgeous, rolling.

Sharp white'65 Caddy Calais coupe, 2nd time I've seen this one, been a few months since I previously saw it.

Bright Red '66 Mustang coupe, very clean

Grabber Blue '10 Mustang Shelby GT500 w/ orange stripes

very clean orange Datsun 240Z

Yesterday afternoon on the freeway saw a silver '66 Impala 2dr...looked sharp, saw from a distance out ahead..

Also saw a white 4dr Ford Fairmont, haven't seen one of those in many years, was a later one w/ the 4 headlight Futura front end, decent shape.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Saw a gorgeous mid 60s Dodge Dart convertible out and about today, top down, red/red/red. Saw a sharp pale blue '66 Mustang coupe, a yellow/white Metropolitan conv, top down. Saw a dark gray new Maserati Gran Turismo convertible, top down, tan interior.

Saw a black '10 Camaro driving along missing the rear bumper, left rear quarter smashed in, big scrape and crease over the wheel arch, big dent in the driver's door..duct tape on the driver's mirror housing. Interesing.

Saw a black '10 Camaro driving along missing the rear bumper, left rear quarter smashed in, big scrape and crease over the wheel arch, big dent in the driver's door..duct tape on the driver's mirror housing. Interesing.

Didn't take long for the F3 Camaro's traditional owners to hear that a new model had been released, did it?

This is crazy BUT...a white Buick Terraza. A few things:

(1) they are fairly rare, it seems,

(2) if I had to buy this genre, it would be this (since the Silhouette is gone), and

(3) I was looking at the grille...and the blacked-out treatment, contrasting the white paint, looked great. I wish they had used this treatment for the LaCrosse instead of the bright chrome featured in the grille.

Yesterday I saw my first new LaCrosse on the road that wasn't silver.

Come to think of it, they've (2010)all been silver. I'm having a tough time digesting this new car.

Come to think of it, they've (2010)all been silver. I'm having a tough time digesting this new car.

Saw a dark gray one yesterday.. quite striking on the road. First one I saw on the road a couple months ago was gold, and maybe 3 silver ones so far. I like the profile and rear moreso than the front end.

'95 4runner SR5 Limited with Gold Package, bright red. Tiny older Asian guy driving it. Had light rear end damage over crappy prior bodywork. I chuckled at his "MADE IN JAPAN" bumper sticker and "Calvin peeing" decal on his tailgate (I assume he is peeing on anyone who disagrees that Japanese products are top notch).

I'm so happy we have to peel those off in order to paint his tailgate after repairing it.

Edited by ocnblu

Yesterday...unbelievable and very funny...

...a 1970-ish Dodge Dart coupe, in baby blue, with white upper paint (not even a vinyl top) in MINT condition...I was waiting to see who was driving the car and it was a 20-something (very)red-haired chick who worked as a checker or grocery clerk at the very Safeway I was going into for a deli sandwich.

From last weekend, out errand running & shopping.

New dark blue Sonata at Wal-Mart. Great lines. Not a great color and doesn't help it stand out, but a looker regardless, for a mid-size sedan. Well, in any other color but faded dark blue.

1-6.jpg

White Diamond Tri-Coat '10 Malibu 2LT V6 at a grocery store. Local "old lady" car, equipped identically to the Summit White '09 I had for a brief time, but in the fancy color. I like. High class.

1-7.jpg

Then a black '09 CTS-V with MD tags firing & backing out of a space at Wal-Mart as I walked from my truck. Hot.

Another. Went for Chinese yesterday with co-workers. In the parking lot, one goes "hey, park next to that other Avalanche" and then they commented on cladding being ugly, etc. After we came back, a 3rd had showed up to make a row and there was a black '08 LTZ with a lift kit right behind mine. Great shot. Av family.

1-8.jpg

'02 T/A, yellow, shoe-polished numbers on the rear glass, rollin'.

'72 Cutlass coupe, gold, excellent shape, taking a long drink @ Hess.

'70 Mustang convert, red, very nice driver, in parking lot w/ top down.

'68-69 Chevy C-10, beige roof/bronze body, beauty, aftermarket rims, rollin'.

'68-69 Chevy C-10, white w/ white steelies, real solid but unrestored, parked & for sale.

'68 Corvette, bright red coupe, perfect/stock, rollin'.

'66 Charger, pale yellow, perfect, factory spinner 'caps, rollin'.

Also on Friday, the day of rain to start, followed a black Viper convertible to work. I think I've seen it once before. Whoever it was, seemed to have just decided it was Viper to work day, rain regardless. In all black, takes you getting up close for it to stand out.

1-10.jpg

Went to the Copperstate 1000 road rally starting event and car show this morning at Tempe Diablo Stadium. Went last year, bigger turn out this year.

Some absolutely incredible cars this year-- a couple dozen vintage Ferraris (a '63 Lusso, a '56 Superamerica, a few 365 GTB and GTSes ('Daytonas'), a couple dozen Porsches (356s and 911s), a '66 Ford GT40 427, Aston Martins, a one-off Bentley fastback from the '50s, a Fiat Zagato, Jag XK-SS, several Jag XK120/140/150s, an Austin Healey 100, 2 Mercedes SL gullwings and 2 SL convertibles of the same vintage, several Cobras (289 and 427), several '65-66 Shelby Mustangs. A '38 Cord Winchester sedan, a Packard 120 Darrin convertible, another Packard 4dr convertible, a '70 Trans Am. Probably $20-30 million or more worth of rare cars out there today, actually being driven around AZ... a kid or other clueless person had dropped their ice cream cup on the hood of a silver Aston Martin DB6 convertible.

In the car show in the parking lot, cars not in the rally were pretty interesting also...everything from a very clean silver blue '62 Impala, a blue '61 Catalina convertible, to a couple '80s Testarossas, duece coupe hot rods, '55-56 Nomads, a 39 Pontiac street rod, a Milner coupe replica, a 1930 Dodge roadster w/ a 30 Cadillac V16, etc.

A good car geek experience.

Predictably red Ferrari Mondial- top down, cruising.

Late 50s Chrysler product ( a Desoto, I think)- 4dr., Black and silver, clean, cruising at a good clip.

75ish Chevy Nova - dark blue or black, rally wheels, clean, cruising.

Saw all three within 20 minutes this evening.

Today, a 1977 Mercury Cougar in tri-cream, with the padded landau roof, in MINT condition while I was parking at the post office.

I nodded to the person who also got out of the car and he proceeded to tell me that he inherited it from his mom, that it had the 400 V8 and not the 351 V8, and that it ONLY had 73,000 miles!

He said it's a hobby car and that it's not his daily driver.

I had forgotten how long the hood is on FoMoCo personal luxury coupes of those years. Yikes.

Saw a clean '49-52 Chevy 2dr fastback in light blue, good condition. Drove past a driveway w/ an interesting mix of oldies--a '66-67 Riviera in primer, no windows or bumpers, in progress...a clean faded gold '66 Toronado, a small '50s car in primer (I think it was a Henry J), and a clean black '67 Eldorado.