APRIL CAR SPOTTERS EASTER BASKET

Saw a very clean and obviously loved 1999 Firebird get rear ended by an F-250 today. Happened right in front of me as I was trying to pull out onto a busy road. Not totaled, but he'll need a new bumper, new tail lights and some other things. No external fender damage, no rear hatch damage.

Saw a very clean and obviously loved 1999 Firebird get rear ended by an F-250 today. Happened right in front of me as I was trying to pull out onto a busy road. Not totaled, but he'll need a new bumper, new tail lights and some other things. No external fender damage, no rear hatch damage.

Grrrrrr...

Today, a 1977 Mercury Cougar in tri-cream, with the padded landau roof, in MINT condition while I was parking at the post office.

I nodded to the person who also got out of the car and he proceeded to tell me that he inherited it from his mom, that it had the 400 V8 and not the 351 V8, and that it ONLY had 73,000 miles!

He said it's a hobby car and that it's not his daily driver.

I had forgotten how long the hood is on FoMoCo personal luxury coupes of those years. Yikes.

Neat car, I remember those...

People need to watch WTF they are doing...

Beautiful spring morning...went out for breakfast driving my sister's 300CE (back on the road after parked for a year), sunroof open, all the windows down, enjoying driving a red hardtop.

Saw a black '10 Camaro SS and a sharp yellow and white two tone '64-66 Suburban.

Sheer Silver 2010 Colorado Z71 4X4 extended cab at a local dealer.

Darn it, I want a truck.

I want one also, but I want a 1960's Chevrolet (or better yet, GMC) half ton...just to cruise around in...

White over Coral circa 1957 Oldsmobile four door sedan at a semi-local diner.

My love for 1950's cars seems to grow every day...I miss my 55 Chevrolet!

When I was a kid, after my grandmother died, my grandfather started dating a woman who drove one of these. GREAT car to ride around in as a kid, and probably a big part of the reason I love GM so much back in the day.

Mother had a great aunt that had a four door version of that...almost became my first car, but lucky I got my 70 Chevelle instead!

1969 Buick Electra 225 ragtop http://www.flickr.co...v16/4489291967/

Edited by 66Stang

1969 Cadillac Fleetwood http://www.flickr.co...v16/4516884976/

...and this is part of the reason that I am still alive. Holloween night, my sophomore year of high schoolw as riding with friends, and we wrecked one of these at over one hundred miles per hour.

Some damned good GM engineering, if I do say so myself...

Yesterday in the post office parking lot, a black, newer Volvo S40 being winched up onto a rollback truck from AAA... dude on phone, car would not start.

Also, a CR-V on the shoulder, hood open, starter cranking, nothing happening.

1969 Caddy at 100mph....? Good times.

One of my most dangerous & scary moments behind the wheel of a car was back in 2006, driving my 1964 Oldsmobile Super 88 Holiday (4-door hardtop) down Rt.2 south through Arlington, MASS at well over 100mph on 3 of its original1960s Bias-Ply tires & one 1970s Bias-Ply that apparently replaced a flat at some point.

The car was quite composed & it was thrilling, esp. since all four windows were down and the wind in the face made me think I was piloting Manfred Von Richthofen's blood red Fokker Dr.1 :)

Found myself behind a dark green G6 GTO coupe today. Not a GTP or GXP, but a GTO. Hmmm...

Saw a clean red '67 Chevelle 2dr ht on the freeway yesterday.

Saw the dark blue w/ white stripes '67 Mustang GT 350 at work again yesterday and today...beautiful car.

A few from the weekend:

Early Jaguar E-Type coupe in white, perfect, cruising.

Early sixties Chryco midsize (Belvedere? Coronet?) full-on prostreet style with steamroller tires and a polished blower standing tall above its hoodless engine bay. All done up in a burgundy metallic looking (and sounding) fantastic.

Another burgundy beauty: a '75 Caprice convertible, immaculate and for sale.

Edited by Camino LS6

Random black Range Rover Sport Supercharged that's someone visiting in the office building, and that's been back a few days in a row, always parking next to my truck.

Not uncommon, for for an expensive RR, nice long scrape scratch down the side and an indent to go with part of it, scrapes in the bumper, door handle cups scratched all to crap like someone did it repeatedly on purpose, and otherwise just car wash swirled. Driven by a suited guy in his 40's. Must like to hit things, or just bash his $70k+ SUV around like a ragged Cavalier. Then again, pretty typical.

Several new Lacrosse's in the past few weeks, and oddly all white CXL's. Both Summit White & White Diamond. Purty car, really purty.

Light'ish yellow '04/05 Silverado crew cab, fully decked out, John Deere green insignias included. The yellow caught my eye first, but then I realized it wasn't wrapped but a GM fleet/special paint color. Cool.

Saw a yellow w/ black stripes '10 Camaro SS w/ a big Transformers logo decal in the back window today. Saw a black 2nd gen CTS-v sedan.

Also saw an '11 Mustang GT convertible in Grabber Blue w/ a Michigan 'manufacturer' plate coming out of my neighborhood...pre-pro testing or press fleet?