• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

New York 2010: Kia adds five-door hatch to Forte lineup

New York 2010: Kia adds five-door hatch to Forte lineup

by Sam Abuelsamid (RSS feed) on Apr 1st 2010 at 11:57AM

2011 Kia Forte five-door – Click above for high-res image gallery

Since Americans seem to be finally latching onto the concept of the compact five-door hatchback, Kia is jumping into the fight with a new variant of the Forte. The five-door Forte debuts with a slightly revised front fascia (something that will make its way onto all Forte models) to go with its new more useful backside.

Under the hood the Forte five-door retains the same port-injected 2.0-liter and 2.4-liter inline-four engines found in the sedan and Koup. Those engines remain paired with six-speed transmissions of the manual or automatic flavors. Inside, a new center console can be equipped with a navigation system for the first time, push-button start is available and the automatic versions get paddle shifters on the steering wheel. Look for the Forte five-door to hit Kia dealers in the coming months.

link:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/01/new-york-2010-kia-adds-five-door-hatch-to-forte-lineup/

I think it looks nice. I would probably choose a new gen Astra 5-door or Focus 5-door over the Forte, but I do think Kia's entry in the compact 5-door hatch segment is attractive. I have to give Kia credit for having mulitple choices (sedan, coupe, and hatchback) in their compact line in the U.S. I hope more automakers follow suit.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.