NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Parting Salvos from GMs Bob Lutz - 2010 New York Auto Show: Video

12 posts in this topic

Bob is the man.... and I love the irony about customer safety. Every auto journalist is going to miss Bob quite a lot I would guess!

My biggest hope was when he left GM it was on good terms and that he would be happy with the changes he was able to bring.

He was the first person to really get GM to take a real good look at itself and how screwed up the product was.

I just hope the people he helped enabled to do their best work are permited to continue to do what they do best and not be limited by the CEO. I also hope people like Tom and Mark will be able to step up and ask for and fight for what they want and not just take what they can get.

I love the Toyota Jab here about putting customers at risk!!!!

They should just keep him on retainer to speak to the press. I would like to see him called in once in a while for imput.

"When's the last time you saw someone in the showroom with a tape measure?"

A quote for balthazar there ;)

He is right that car buying is an emotional response, and I too like the jab at Toyota. But he is wrong about GM building class leaders and being a such a technological leader. Hyundai is becoming the new standard, Chevy's cars are way behind Hyundai's.

Car buying is an emotional response for the emotional car buyer. That said ........ there is no reason to build any car so it looks cheap, so it performs cheap

Edited by RjION

He is right that car buying is an emotional response, and I too like the jab at Toyota. But he is wrong about GM building class leaders and being a such a technological leader. Hyundai is becoming the new standard, Chevy's cars are way behind Hyundai's.

what does hyundai have that gm doesn't?

"When's the last time you saw someone in the showroom with a tape measure?"

A quote for balthazar there wink.gif

rotflmao.gif

I hate to tell Bob but I borrowed a tape measure from another person looking at the NOX at the show. We both were trying to see who large the cargo area was with the seat folded down.

But it was the styling that our wifes liked that got up to look at it.

what does hyundai have that gm doesn't?

Profit

#1 CAFE and EPA mileage lineup

Sales growth over each of the past 10 years

Hyundai has the advantage of market on value. They give you a car that may not be as good as the others but it is close.

They can also give you a car that looks thousands of dollars more but still beat Honda and Toyota on price.

GM is working to this goal with cars that are price the same or less as the others but with features that the others either charge more for or do no offer in that class.

Chevy is behind in this but with each new model it will move to the Hyundai formula. The funny thing is the Hyundai formula is just what Chevy used to be.

People buy Hyundais because they are well optioned and they love the monthly payment. Just as many who have bought one why and low price or monthy payment for a non stripper car with a good warranty is the reason.

One can build the best cars but if they are not affordable many will pass on them. Tight times like this bring this to light.

Profit

#1 CAFE and EPA mileage lineup

Sales growth over each of the past 10 years

Im sorry those are good points, but i was considering products, not actually things inside the company

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead