Sign in to follow this  
gt1750

2008 El Camino

21 posts in this topic

Love it! Absolutely positively perfect. Wonder if Camino_LS6 will feel the same way? I have a feeling this is not far from his vision of a perfect next-gen "Chevelle-Silverado hybrid". :)

Enzora    0

It's a little too sleek for my tastes; I'd rather see a bolder, more in-your-face design for an El Camino, but very nice nonetheless. The front reminds me of something that might have occured if Chevy had made a 5th-Gen Camaro that evolved from the 4th.

Bimmer325    18

Your design is great, but I can't see a modern-day El Camino being anything other than a flop.

Chevy doesn't need another 3-year novelty model if you ask me.

Northstar    11

First, let me say I like the design pretty well, but I'd like a longer hood and a less rakish windsheild along with a slightly more aggressive front end, but it's good nonetheless.

Your design is great, but I can't see a modern-day El Camino being anything other than a flop. 

I think it's worth a shot to bring the next Ute over here. I wouldn't buy one, but I think they'd be pretty popular on the west coast (California loves that type of vehicle) and would sell decent elsewhere. It would cost GM almost nothing to bring it over from Austrailia, and I see no reason why GM shouldn't try -- there is no competition, so GM would have any market to themselves.

NOS2006    11

If they bought the SSR, there's no way in hell an El Camino styled like this would go unnoticed.. way less heavy, way less expensive, way less ugly, and the same amount of power?

mjdecker    0

HOT!

I like it, but the front reminds me too much of a 2005 Impala.

You can say the same for the current UTE, wich I don't see as a bad thing. I like the 2000-05 Impala front end's design much more than the 06.

aaaantoine    4

I don't want to say that the front end looks like the 2003/4 Cavalier, but... I can't help it. Overall it's a very sleek execution. Excellent work with the pen.

In terms of business case... If you ask me, the El Camino is to the Camaro what the SSR is to the Corvette. GM should work very hard on improving their core product before introducing another fraction-of-a-percent niche vehicle such as this.

Edit: Fixed mah grammur.

Edited by aaaantoine

Woah.... :huh: you really feel that way?

I think in todays SUV-jaded Crossover-galore novelty-niche disposable car market a true classic that cmobines the idea of a muscle car and light-light-duty pickup is a great one! If the Honda Ridgeline can sell a few thousand with that horendous stylign and POS mechaicals the a rebadged Aussie Holden Ute should do beautifiully. I bet abotu 70% would opt for the 3800 and the 30% would be the SS-6.0 variety. :)

Cory Wolfe    263

I love the idea of an El Camino (perhaps the only truck I'd want to own), but I'm not liking the sketch. It looks really... bolbous, maybe. It just doesn't look fresh... the body is anything but modern and it's not tight. I like tight, this looks weird, IMO.

gt1750    0

Well, this is only my impression and I'm not American and don't see El Caminos every day (in fact I've seen only one).

I never expect my creations being loved by hardcore American fans of certain brands/ models.

But I always like to hear their opinions.

schuby87    0

This looks exactly like a car that i saw at the Heratige Center a few weeks ago. I dont know if it was an El Camino but it is very similar to this drawing. I think it was used as a pace car but im not sure. I will see if i can find the pic of it when i get home from work.

Camino LS6    866

This looks exactly like a car that i saw at the Heratige Center a few weeks ago. I dont know if it was an El Camino but it is very similar to this drawing.  I think it was used as a pace car but im not sure.  I will see if i can find the pic of it when i get home from work.

Yes! Please do.

i remember that corvette concept... i think they called it the corvette indy... very VERY ufo-like car

Turbojett    103

No that's the CERV3. There were three protos of that made. That must be one of them, there's another one in The Museum, and the third, they built the Indy off of the very next year,which is also in The Museum.

Or maybe I have it backwards. I dunno.

The CERV3 and the Indy were also supposed to be previews of the then-thought-to-be-upcoming C5. You can alsotell they pulled from them quite a bit for the C6 as well.

Anyway, the Indy had exposed headlights:

Posted Image

Turbojett    103

NM, shut my mouth, it's the same car. Apperantly some of them had headlight covers.

Posted Image

This is the CERV III:

Posted Image

Anyway, that's a really cool looking drawing, I live the way it looks as is, but it would look even cooler with tauter, more muscular lines.

Edited by Turbojett

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this