If these are the models debuting, all i can say is im glad to be a New Yorker.

link

If you dont really feel like reading edmunds says that these are the new models debuting:

2007 Nissan Altima (NY seems to be the place Nissan debuts that car)

2007 Infinit G35 sedan (non-concept)

2007 Saturn Outlook

Suzuki SX4

Suzuki XL-7 (Theta replacement)

2008 Lexus LS600h

Jeep Patriot

Jeep Wrangler 4dr.

I'm looking forward most to the Infiniti G35 Sedan. Surely it'll just be an evolutionary update, as hinted by the G35 Coupe concept, but it's one of the most important players in the near lux segment.

As for the Altima, the new model is coming just on schedule for the typical 5-year Japanese cycle. It did its first three years ('02, '03, '04) and then had the refresh for '05 and '06. It will also be interesting to see how this car turns out, as the Altima is a much more interesting family sedan than the market leader Camry. Will Nissan play it safe or continue to be more daring?

With the revelation of the next G35 (and Altima), I expect to see the VQ engine's successor (rumored to be named FZ). Rumor also has it that it will be a 3.7L V6 with around 330hp in the G. I wouldn't be the least bit suprised as I don't expect Nissan is going to let Toyota's new 3.5L V6 steal the show.

Is that the same as the Swift Suzuki sells in Japan?

No. It's a joint-venture with Fiat....I think it'll be produced in Ploand, IIRC.

The Euro Swift would make a great, cut-rate Mini competitor here...CAR mag just gave it their car of the year award....

BTW what is the Suzuki SX4?

I'm afraid to ask. :huh:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest YellowJacket894

I'm afraid to ask.  :huh:

Posted Image

Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

X90 sounds like the name of a cheap brand of condoms.

That car literally was the AMC Eagle of its time, though. But, man, just thinking about it makes me laugh... and then gives me the creeps.

• 4 weeks later...

BTW:

You guys do realize that they stole the SX4 name from AMC/Eagle right? My neighbor has a red '83 SX4 just like this sitting next to his house right between the boat and his 1970 Coupd Deville.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So anyway I'm 99% sure I'll be coming to the NY auto show but I need to know the exact dates so I can plan accordingly. Anyone know waht day they will be there at the show? Z28Luvr? Anyone? :):unsure:

Will you be introducing yourself to people as Hudson? :lol:

Not unless I meet someone there who says they frequent some of these online sites. I did introduce myself to a few of the Camaro fans who were at the Detroit show introduction.

did that sx4 ride on a jeep platform?.....it is interesting, in a 80's rally kinda style

Nope, Eagle SX/4 was based on the subcompact Spirit (aka restyled 1979-83 Gremlin), essentially a junior Eagle from 1981-82-not popular, very unique. Of course, the Eagle compact (or mid-size, depending on how you consider it) was based on the Concord, which ran from 1978-83.

Not unless I meet someone there who says they frequent some of these online sites. I did introduce myself to a few of the Camaro fans who were at the Detroit show introduction.

Did they know who you as Hudson?

One of these days I will make it to a big show an look you up, consider that a promise. :thumbsup:

Did they know who you as Hudson?

One of these days I will make it to a big show an look you up, consider that a promise. :thumbsup:

They did not know me. They hung out on sites other than GMI and C&G. And I didn't recognize (nor do I remember) their screen names.

Guest YellowJacket894

Posted Image

I can honestly say that what used to lie beyond the sports car really wasn't much to look at. And, anyway, this idea should have stay in the bin marked "Things A Redneck Named Jeb Tried In The Shed."

Reminds me of a 4WD Chevelle I saw once. I really felt like killing the driver for such a sick case of automotive molestation...

Reminds me of a 4WD Chevelle I saw once. I really felt like killing the driver for such a sick case of automotive molestation...

Don't hate... appreciate. :D

Seriously... that's a great use for a Chevette.

If I was in a position to keep my truck and invest like $2000 into it I'd throw the Blazer Body in the dumpster and save some poor classic car from the junkyard taht has a rotted out frame & no motor... a Chevette (or '64 Tempest, or '68 Coronet, or '73 Delta 88 or WHATEVER) waiting to be crushed is much better of bolted to a Chevy truck frame than smooshed and melted down to make Tundra frames. <_<

Anyway... once again I'm still not hearing from people about what day would be best to meet up at the NY autoshow. :huh:

I'm probably going to be there Sat. the 15th or Sun the 16th. (April of course)

Edited by Sixty8panther

I'm looking forward most to the Infiniti G35 Sedan.  Surely it'll just be an evolutionary update, as hinted by the G35 Coupe concept, but it's one of the most important players in the near lux segment.

As for the Altima, the new model is coming just on schedule for the typical 5-year Japanese cycle.  It did its first three years ('02, '03, '04) and then had the refresh for '05 and '06.  It will also be interesting to see how this car turns out, as the Altima is a much more interesting family sedan than the market leader Camry.  Will Nissan play it safe or continue to be more daring?

The G will be a completely new car, based on the M's advanced FM platform. I'm sure you meant the styling would be evolutionay (as found on the G Coupe Concept). And as you said, the Altima's right on schedule for it's renewal on the 5yr cycle. I think with a proper interior, it'll really give the new Camry a headache this time around (in addition to the Aura!!!).

With the revelation of the next G35 (and Altima), I expect to see the VQ engine's successor (rumored to be named FZ). Rumor also has it that it will be a 3.7L V6 with around 330hp in the G. I wouldn't be the least bit suprised as I don't expect Nissan is going to let Toyota's new 3.5L V6 steal the show.

Yep. The FX is the VQ's successor. As you said, it's rumored to make 320-330 HP (more than enought to take care of the IS and all newcomers). Don't expect the VQ to go away though. I think it'll continue to do duty in all Nissans that use a V6 application, while the FX will be exclusive to Infiniti.