Sign in to follow this  
KaliRover

Lincoln MKZephyr?

i hate the letter names for lincoln. how frickin dumb. even a bare jill wagner covered in strawberry syrup wouldn't get me to get excited about an "MKZ"

Edited by regfootball

Don't get rid of the Zephyr name! It's a lot better than this MK crap. I like the Mark name, but it should go on COUPES ONLY...not every vehicle in the lineup.

OK, so I've created the new Lincoln line up:

The Mark Harris - a car with no balls

Posted Image

The Mark Hamill - It's really popular when it comes out, but then after a few years no one buys it.

Posted Image

The Mark Twain - It only comes in white and a lot of kids are forced to like it, but have no idea why.

Posted Image

The Mark Vincent - People never buy the gasoline version, it gets popular when Lincoln indroduces the diesel version

Posted Image

The Mark Wahlberg - First introduced with standard hip-hop items like chrome wheels and tacky paint jobs but doesn't become a hit for Lincoln until it is offered with a really big stick shifter.

Posted Image

The Mark Ruffalo - A chick car.

Posted Image

I could go on all day with this...

Wow... I hate this car with it's oversized tail lights, boring front end and VW Jetta silhouette. It's a disgrace to the Zephyr name but at least that was a name. MKZ sounds like an MRI machine or worse, a Afghanistani Motorcycle manufacturer.

I hate to say it but Cadillac is to blame for this FUBAR... they should have left this retarded naming system to soulless cars with $h!ty/non-existant histories like Audi, Acura & Lexus.

I hate to say it but Cadillac is to blame for this FUBAR... they should have left this retarded naming system to soulless cars with $h!ty/non-existant histories like Audi, Acura & Lexus.

How is Cadillac to blame for Lincoln's retardation?

And as far as this disgracing the Zephyr's name...no...that rebadged Fairmont was a disgrace.

How is Cadillac to blame for Lincoln's retardation?

And as far as this disgracing the Zephyr's name...no...that rebadged Fairmont was a disgrace.

The Mercury Zephyr wasn't a disgrace in 1978, but the Lincoln-Zephyr was a GREAT car in its day. Great styling along with flathead V12 power.

And I blame Acura for the current trend for alpha-numeric names, not Cadillac. Cadillac is just a follower. It was Acura who ditched the great names like Legend and Vigor in favor of flavorless names like RL and TL.

You can blame the International Luxury car makret. Old timers want the 1970's and 80's style car biz to last forever. Even though it hasn't worked for 20 years.

Since Caddy ditched names, their sales are up. Looks like people really don't care about Geritol names like Catera, Seville, and DeVille.

Nice... all it needs is a slightly lowered suspension. Maybe some polished door handles will brighten up the side.

Yeah, how about chrome door handles? They could borrow a few swatches from the new MKNavigator.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook