Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Look who else is convinced...

Cool Flash intro:

http://officialbaldwinmotion.com/

Edited by Sixty8panther

Kris Horton, working with Joel Rosen and Larry Jaworske, penned the prototype Baldwin-Motion SuperCoupe design, and he’s been feverishly working on concepts for a limited-production Phase IV version of the next generation Camaro. Fresh from winning GM's Best Design Award at SEMA for the SuperCoupe, Horton is one of the hottest young automotive designers around.

Posted Image

"When Chevrolet builds the next generation Camaro, Baldwin-Motion will be ready with a Phase IV version available from select Chevrolet dealers. In the tradition of the original Baldwin-Motion Camaros, the Phase IV Camaro will be quicker, faster and turn more heads than any new musclecar from Motown. Like the SuperCoupe, I'll sign each one," said Joel 'Mr. Motion' Rosen.

Notice the use of the word WHEN not IF.

March 2006 MT just came in the mail. :)

Posted Image

March 2006 MT just came in the mail. :)

Posted Image

I love how the how the cover puts it like this:

59 Hot NEW Rides headed your way including:

-XLR-V

-Jag

-Porsche 911

-Rebadged VW/Porsche SUV

-And...

CAMARO!

:metal:

I'm gald you guys enjoyed it... I scanned the cover before I even opened it up. Straight from my mailbox to your P.C. in virtual format. :wink:

Edited by Sixty8panther

I noticed this on their site:

GM's Director Of Design, Tom Peters, who owns a 1969 Camaro powered by a ZL-1 engine, truly defined what a modern day production musclecar should look and run like. The fully functioning Camaro concept, built on an 112-inch wheelbase GTO platform, is powered by a 400-hp LS2 6.0 small-block hooked up to a six-speed transmission. Like the Baldwin-Motion 540 Camaro SuperCoupe, it has 14-inch disc brakes all around.

Does that mean the concept is on the current GTO platform, or are they assuming the next-gen GTO will be on the same platform?

-RBB

RBB:

Both, I think. 8)

My dad works at the Wilmington plant where the solstice and sky are being produced and a few weeks ago Bob Lutz visited the plant. Evidently he told some people that the camaro is coming to production but GM is not sure what plant yet. Only time will tell. Sooner rather than later! :P:lol:

My dad works at the Wilmington plant where the solstice and sky are being produced and a few weeks ago Bob Lutz visited the plant.  Evidently he told some people that the camaro is coming to production but GM is not sure what plant yet. Only time will tell.  Sooner rather than later! :P  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If he was at Wilmington talking about the Camaro coming, there should be absolutely no doubt in your dads mind that the Camaro is going to be produced at that plant.

If he was at Wilmington talking about the Camaro coming, there should be absolutely no doubt in your dads mind that the Camaro is going to be produced at that plant.

Well that wasn't his purpose for being there. He was there to talk about the solstice and Sky and I guess that came up in conversation. Lets put it this way, the rumor of the Camaro coming to Wilmington has been swirling around awhile , at least that has been the rumor among the employees.

I hope it is Wilmington... that's close enough for me to go watch my future Camaro being built. :wub:

I hope it is Wilmington... that's close enough for me to go watch my future Camaro being built. :wub:

You'd think so... since that's where my baby will be made sometime this year (SKY) you'd think I could take the short hour or so drive down there and see the plant in operation. But NO... they aren't allowing tours at this time and don't see it in the forseeable future :angry:

Well that wasn't his purpose for being there.  He was there to talk about the solstice and Sky and I guess that came up in conversation. Lets put it this way, the rumor of the Camaro coming to Wilmington has been swirling around awhile , at least that has been the rumor among the employees.

Is Wilmington flexible enough to build FWD and RWD at the same time. I think they will dedicate one plant solely for production of the their upcoming RWD cars that will share a platform with the Camaro. My guess is Spring Hill since the Ion will die next year and they will have plenty of time to retool it for RWD.

im thinking it will be Spring hill.. the Saturn Ion goes out of production after the 2007 model year... and rumor has it if there is a new Saturn small car it will be built alongside the Cobalt in Lordstown Ohio...

Wilmington is possible also, with just building the Solstice and Sky they are way under capacity.. this used to be the plant that built all the Corsica's and beretta's in the 80's and 90's, it was also used to build most of the malibu's in the late 90's..

Lansing grand river is possible since the camaro would share some parts with the Cadillac CTS, but i doubt they would have the capacity for another car since they already build the CTS, STS and SRX..

Oshwa Ontario is a remote possiblity but unlikely because its current products wont die till atleast 2010, the current Impala and Buick Lacrosse wont be replaced until 2010 at the earliest.. a new grand prix is still atleast 3 or 4 years away..

they could also reverse the decision to close the Oklahoma City plant and assemble them there..

Is Wilmington flexible enough to build FWD and RWD at the same time. I think they will dedicate one plant solely for production of the their upcoming RWD cars that will share a platform with the Camaro. My guess is Spring Hill since the Ion will die next year and they will have plenty of time to retool it for RWD.

Wilmington already only builds RWD--solstice and sky. Since the tooling for the Saturn L-series is there, and they have capacity for another 150k vehicles, something has got to go there.

Spring Hill, I believe is scheduled for Theta Epsilon vehicles, or something involving Theta---someone with more information can chime in perhaps?

I am almost certain Camaro will be produced in Wilmington---not because of any direct insider knowledge, but hearing what various insiders and non-insiders have said. Bob Lutz talking about Wilmington being a plant under consideration is also probably the biggest direct clue. That man can't keep his mouth shut for the sake of his life--i'm glad for that!

Have not gotten my C&D in the mail yet. :banghead:

Edited by Sixty8panther

Guest YellowJacket894

I haven't either... but the school library has it and C&D didn't actually sound to gah-gah over it, to be honest. But they were convinced it was going straight to a production line.

Wilmington already only builds RWD--solstice and sky. Since the tooling for the Saturn L-series is there, and they have capacity for another 150k vehicles, something has got to go there.

I don't know what I was thinking when I typed my original message. I completely forgot the Solstice and Sky are RWD. :stupid: