NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Buick Excelle completely out in the open

66 posts in this topic

Looks good. Hints of LaCrosse in the front end.

The eyebrows over the rear lights are IIRC a nod to past Buicks, but I don't know which ones. Balthasar might give me a help with that :AH-HA:

Not a bad look. Certainly a Jetta/Volvo S40 competitor..... but those wheels don't look big enough for the body.

I like it...even the tail lights look better than I expected, but Olds is right about the wheels...

Lose the spoiler... I'll have to see one up close but I like the roofline and shape of the Cruze better.

I don't like the hatch, but the sedan looks OK. Not great, but OK. Nice interior.

So I wonder what they will call it in NA....stick w/ the Excelle name?

I like the 2 tone fabric interior in the first photos.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Good one. Hopefully the dual attack with Cruze and this one will help GM solidify market share in the segment where GM has been orphaned.

nice interior. i think the exterior will probably be popular with women buyers. i hope they bring the hatch.

Edited by regfootball

Not bad, but the exterior doesn't look sophisticated enough, it's no more visually striking than the Cruze (although it does look better than the Cruze, IMO). Looks plain, the Focus for example, looks like a more expensive car.

u_201004081132001193343.jpg

500x_ford_focus__13_.jpg

u_201004081127257753343.jpg

500x_ford_focus__15_.jpg

500x_ford_focus__17_.jpg

Also the back looks really barren somehow. Besides the badge and the tail lights it looks like it has a lot of dead space. Could just be the color and the lighting that makes it seem that way.

You might be getting fooled by the photography on the Focus. It doesn't look like much of anything special in the flesh (steel?)

Well yes, the Focus' photos are pretty high contrast to highlight it, but that's not it. There's clearly more surfaces detailing along the sides, more visually interesting shapes, larger wheels, pronounced wheel arches, and such.

I actually think the Excelle looks better than the Focus in those pics, DodgeFan, but you have to say they do look amazingly similar with a stupid window in the C-pillar. I think the Excelle looks sort of like a new and more expensive version of the Hyundai Elantra...

Also, the typical Focus on the street won't have such big wheels presumably.

You might be getting fooled by the photography on the Focus. It doesn't look like much of anything special in the flesh (steel?)

Well yes, the Focus' photos are pretty high contrast to highlight it, but that's not it. There's clearly more surfaces detailing along the sides, more visually interesting shapes, larger wheels, pronounced wheel arches, and such.

He is right there DF. In person, those fender detailing are slightly awkward and the wheel arches in some angles look out of place. Wheels are nice on the Ford and GM could use a lesson or two here.

The Excelle would look better w/ larger wheels and something other than a done-to-death generic 5 spoke design.

Don't put a wing on the back end ......... cause this thing is not going to fly from showrooms.

The stupid spoiler should go... I still don't get GM's fascination with spoilers...

The stupid spoiler should go... I still don't get GM's fascination with spoilers...

Lip spoiler, may be?

It should have the chrome side window surround Bob Lutz was talking about. And it should lose the spoiler immediately. I trust it will be revised slightly, as was the Regal, for Americans.

It should have the chrome side window surround Bob Lutz was talking about. And it should lose the spoiler immediately. I trust it will be revised slightly, as was the Regal, for Americans.

Yes, to be more Buick for the US market, it needs chrome, lose the spoiler, add whitewall tires. And dealer-installed coach roof, gold trim, and wire wheel covers.. :)

A little too void of style (has a melted look) on its side profile and 1999 wants its spoiler back.

IMO the Lacetti and Cruze look better. I don't like the extra chrome around the fog lights in the Cruze or Excelle.

new_daewoo_lacetti20.jpg

Not sure which detail is worse, though, the lametastic black triangle on the Cruze C-pillar or the lame tiny window in the Excelle a-pillar.

Call me crazy but i'd say that the focus looks over styled and it seems like its trying to hard to 1 up the sonata which is just about there

i like this car, nice, but needs a little something on the side profile (chrome around the window, some kind of styling aspect)

What are your guys's thoughts on the little piece of plastic(cruze) vs. 3rd window idea(this)

Edit: i guess someone beat me to that point

Edited by CanadianBacon94

I think the spoiler might be a China regional thing.... they love spoilers on ANYTHING over there. You could probably find Park Aves with spoilers in China.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead