Refreshed 2007 Nissan Quest

Variance

i said yes to one back in october, and then they said, 'we can't sell you one because of the recall' then i reconsidered, and it was mostly due to the GODAWFUL dash. I thought, 'I will wait to get a van until the revised interior comes to market'.

thing is, this is a HALF ASSED revision. the seats are the same, as are door panels, and climate controls and weird shifter location.

Moving the gauges helps though. Adding the flip tray helps too. i sure hope they moved the DVD player and fixed the odd radio too.

I dunno, had this interior been in place on 10/23/05 it would have been 'flip a coin' as to whether to wait for the recall to be completed or pass.

Honestly I don't think they went far enough but at the same time it might be just a just enough to get some buyers back....i dunno. It needed to surpass the Sienna and Odyssey inside and it still doesn't do that, so it still is gonna get ripped and deservedly so.

and hey, still no split third row.

Nissan is getting as bad as GM at half assing it. CARLOS the TIGHT ASS.

Folks will still buy Siennas and Odysseys and this doesn't make many reconsider that position.

i like the exterior revisions, but those too could have done more.

Edited by regfootball

Yeah, the outside is actually a little bit more odd, but the interior looks dramatically better--even just seeing the dash. Actually, as far as the front fascia, it almost looks like they had to use an old part (the bumper) and after changing the grille, were left with that odd notch in there...hmm...

I looked at one of these again at the auto show this weekend, and I still really like the out there, very roomy design, but didn't like the excess cheapness of a lot of the interior--sort of a Nissan trademark in the past couple of years. Still has a bit of the spaceship thing going on, but it now looks to be toned down a few degrees, and looks a little more luxurious instead of overly out there. Same basic structure inside, just a little finer tuning, I'd say.

Then again, fixed up a bit, and made just a bit more "normal", they might actually increase the sales quite a bit.

Edited by caddycruiser

This vehicle has an absolutely astonishing ability to disguise its ugliness in photographs. You see it in pictures, and it looks pretty decent. Then you see one in real life, and you think, "Man, what an ugly, bloated whale of a car!"

This vehicle has an absolutely astonishing ability to disguise its ugliness in photographs. You see it in pictures, and it looks pretty decent. Then you see one in real life, and you think, "Man, what an ugly, bloated whale of a car!"

I actually like it in real life. It's better than the piggish Sienna and the snoozer DCX vans, IMO.

Those pictures Ted posted show all the difference in the world. While I do not like the new grille, the interior is great. This would definately be on my test drive list. Nissan has pretty much no excuse now for not being able to sell these.

Not that much better, IMO... I like the Quest's current "pedestal" dash. The seats look nice, though; they're very lounge-like. The roof/sunroof/console still has far too many cutlines... it could be executed better.

OOkkkayy...

What really ticks me off are the seats; when GM's vehicles, (LeSabre, for example), had seats with little side bolsters, the critics were ALL OVER THEM about being completely unsupportive especially during cornering.

Bet we don't hear an f'in thing.

While I'm still not a fan of the interior, it's light years better than before. Looks much classier, and of higher quality. The exterior, well, still fugly.

OOkkkayy...

What really ticks me off are the seats; when GM's vehicles, (LeSabre, for example), had seats with little side bolsters, the critics were ALL OVER THEM about being completely unsupportive especially during cornering.

Bet we don't hear an f'in thing.

I remember C&D and Edmunds talking about them. But any serious g-forces would probably dislodge an ice cream scoop from its cone first.

the dashtop is all one big unbroken blob. i sure hope they get decent graining and the plastic doesn't look cheap and that it has decent dimensional accuracy. Why no parcel shelf on the dash like the Murano?

i recall this thing having a strange relationship of the steering wheel angle to the dash, so it will be interesting to see if those guages are actually readable under that steering wheel.

Don't get your shorts excited folks, it still has the same unbolstered seats, the same CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP door panels and ceiling trim, the same dismal carpet no doubt, and no real enhancement to bring the usability and versatility of the seating into par with the Toyota or the Chrysler. No split fold 3rd row, and you still have to completely remove the headrests to fold it into the floor.

They didn't bother to move the shifter down into a nice Sienna like position.

They only added the absolutely needed flip tray between the front seats like 3 years after debut.

Again, its an improvement, but CARLOS THE TIGHTWAD didn't go far enough as usual.

any Ipod or mp3 jacks?

Edited by regfootball

I think the exterior is actually worse, but the interior is much better. Real gauges and much nicer looking.

Agreed!

No split fold 3rd row, and you still have to completely remove the headrests to fold it into the floor.

You don't actually. The headrests automatically flip down with the seats.

any Ipod or mp3 jacks?

Yep. Right by where you load the CDs in the center console.