NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

AMI 2010: Chevrolet Cruze Irmscher Edition with 186HP

22 posts in this topic

AMI 2010: Chevrolet Cruze Irmscher Edition with 186HP

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Chevrolet and its European tuning partner Irmscher presented a humbly beefed up version of the Cruze compact sedan with cosmetic and performance upgrades at this week's AMI motorshow in Leipzig, Germany.

Dubbed the Cruze Irmscher Edition, the car gets an optional boot lid spoiler along with 18-inch alloy wheels shod in beefier 225 sport tires and aluminum door sills.

Irmscher's performance modifications include a 25mm suspension drop and exhaust silencers with elliptical twin exits along with a 36HP and 146Nm boost for the 2.0-liter turbo diesel engine increasing total output to 186HP and 466Nm at 2,300 rpm.

According to the tuner, the diesel version accelerates from zero to 100km/h (62mph) in 8.0 seconds.

The Cruze Irmscher Edition is available for order at Chevrolet's German dealerships.

link:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/04/ami-2010-chevrolet-cruze-irmscher.html

Interesting to see that vehicle offered with an 8-way power driver's seat... Perhaps another feature we will see on the production car.

Can't open the site from work .......... but we have to pay how much more to gain the 36hp that it should come with in the first place?

Edited by RjION

Can't open the site from work .......... but we have to pay how much more to gain the 36hp that it should come with in the first place?

Let's see, there's whatever extra they're charging for the vehicle, plus import fees since this is a European market thing...

Just bring the damned diesels here for crying out loud. :explode:

Convince Joe public how good they are and create a demand and they will build them.

Right now there is so little demand they are all scared to invest in bringing them here. I know we all here understand modern Diesels but the majority do not know or understand a thing abouth them. Nor do they cry out for them in any great number.

Just the hand full of people are demanding them in the market.

You should see the questions puzzled looks I got when I told of the American Lemans races cars I saw and how fast quiet and durable they were.

GM needs to race them in a series someone will watch and show thier merits to the American public.

Anyway I love the lowered look and wheels.

Convince Joe public how good they are and create a demand and they will build them.

And that is precisely what GM must do - convince Joe public. Germans are taking over the ball in diesel area. But there are some things that Germans do not have - market penetration, ability to be price competitive and building engines right here. GM can sell Cruze much cheaper than VW can sell diesel Jetta here. GM can sell CTS much cheaper than MB, BMW and Audi can sell diesels here. But the trick is to produce engines here.

An attack with one good diesel engine each with 4, 6 and 8 cylinders in main stream can be a cat in the pigeons of hybrids. Market it out, directly attack the misconceptions, take hybrid by the scruff and call it a competition, people love drama they will buy diesels. It is not an easy battle but it is not impossible.

Thats like 340 lb/ft of torque. Hell yeah!

Convincing the public to want diesels is only part of the battle. The other part is to get our gov't to quit changing the regulations on diesels every other year, making the cost and risk of getting a diesel developed & approved for this market difficult and expensive, and risky that the investment will result in a product that requires major changes after only a year or two of production.

Convincing the public to want diesels is only part of the battle. The other part is to get our gov't to quit changing the regulations on diesels every other year, making the cost and risk of getting a diesel developed & approved for this market difficult and expensive, and risky that the investment will result in a product that requires major changes after only a year or two of production.

With just the last couple years the goverment has taken the reqs on the Diesel to places it should have never gone. I mean now many guys in older trucks have to dump in additive to keep the engine alive with the new fuel.

And that is precisely what GM must do - convince Joe public. Germans are taking over the ball in diesel area. But there are some things that Germans do not have - market penetration, ability to be price competitive and building engines right here. GM can sell Cruze much cheaper than VW can sell diesel Jetta here. GM can sell CTS much cheaper than MB, BMW and Audi can sell diesels here. But the trick is to produce engines here.

An attack with one good diesel engine each with 4, 6 and 8 cylinders in main stream can be a cat in the pigeons of hybrids. Market it out, directly attack the misconceptions, take hybrid by the scruff and call it a competition, people love drama they will buy diesels. It is not an easy battle but it is not impossible.

This is not just a GM issue in the USA. While many remember the GM busses and Olds mess they also see the issues with the Powerstroke at Ford. To sell to American buyers the entire industry has to do a selling job.

Either way the new regs and marketing would be riskey and very costly with money few can afford to risk right now.

Now these wheels would look good on the Buick Excelle!

Let's see, there's whatever extra they're charging for the vehicle, plus import fees since this is a European market thing...

So your saying the CRUZE to be built for the US market will not be an under powered astra like car?

monster torque

Now these wheels would look good on the Buick Excelle!

They would look good on most small cars ..........

So your saying the CRUZE to be built for the US market will not be an under powered astra like car?

When did I say anything like that? I'm not sure I'd expect the Cruze to be underpowered (for safe a-to-b driving), but I do have doubts it'll have enough power to be very interesting to drive, at least for my tastes.

The Cruze as shown to us for the states is a family or single persons comforable affordable transportation and nothing more. Its power will be adequate for the type driver that it is intended for. The young family the single woman and the collage student.

That is not to say we still will not see a SS. That is the one most of us here would care to drive and would find interesting. GM has inted loud that they were thinking of this. With todays GM that means we are working on one and it will pop up in spy photos when we are ready for you to see it and it has been approved by then.

The only thing most of us here Care about this car is that one it is reliable, it is a good drive for the intended customer, it is the best value in class and that it sells like a Nox.

GM has been leaking only a little at a time on what we are going to see on this car and we still have more things to come. Remember GM no longer will give us peak that far ahead anymore since they no longer need to.

When did I say I wanted to import one? Point is the US Cruze is going to be under powered as reported. So having to pay more for a car that should come with 180hp in the first place makes the car less of a value in any country.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor