Sign in to follow this  
Cadillacfan

2007 Navigator pics

Not bad! I like this incorporation of 60's Lincoln cues. It's recognizable as a Lincoln. The MkX has an even more successful "Continental" face.

It's like they smacked the front end with Dodge's ugly stick! They really messed up the front end. The rear end is fine. The interior looks good, except for the gauge cluster (it reminds me of something out of the 80's).

Ok, so I think this pretty much confirms that the guys at Lincoln have all been under the influence of something heavy these days. They are really having an identity crisis. This (which isn't using the "MK" nomenclature by the way) and the MKX have a completely different front end theme from the Mark LT MKS and MKZ. Yet, the Navigator has MKZ style rear-end.

Lincoln has no idea WTF they're doing. :blink:

Another refresh passed off as a full redesign from Ford. The interior looks good (about on par with the Lambdas), but the Escalade blows it out of the water. Good lord that face is ugly.

I like the idea of an egg-crate grille, but this is just bad execution...

The lower grille is the worst part. There's no depth to it at all. It looks like the front end of an old locomotive train.

The rest is very, very good. The interior is great! But that front end...gah, it just ruins the whole thing.

The rear and interior are great, though the front will take some getting used to...What was wrong with the MKX front? I'm going to have to see this one in person...

Those grills are ugly. I kinda like the headlights. The grills can be fixed, but that lower grill still looks bad. The interior is great and I've always loved the Navi interior. And unlike its competition, it looks good without nav as well. <_<

The rear looks good as well, but I feel the taillights make the rear look too short or something...the rear bumper should be larger/have more substance/should come down farther or something.

Edited by Nick

The interior is great and I've always loved the Navi interior. And unlike its competition, it looks good without nav as well. <_<

Ouch.. .:P But yeah, I'll grant the interior is nice. I like the MKZepyhr interior style.

Wow, that's unexpected. Hmm... more and more it seems Lincoln is heading straight on for Cadillac's audience. This is appalling though. Uhhhh....I cover the lower intake, the "braces", and it looks a million times better without it. But then the side profile of this isn't nearly as elegant and stylish as the Escalade's. The Ford twins are so clean....standard issue wheel arches, perfectly aligned greenhouse, and rectangular rear window shape, flat door panels all add up to a flat look to the sides of these trucks that I don't appreciate.

Bad Ford, bad.

Remove that lower intake and the front end would look good, very good.

Just when I thought Ford was getting it's act together with the Fusion and Edge...

That front end is so bad it belongs a Chery SUV. And the chrome on the side just looks like an afterthought.

Overheard in the Lincoln design center:

It needs more chrome.

Where?

On the sides.

Which part?

Who cares, it's almost time to go home.

Oh God. That grille is so obnoxious. The interior is GORGEOUS although I'm not fond of the gauges as I feel they might be hard to read.

I don't know, the Zephyr's interior theme came across as gaudy and cheap in person. It was too much of a throwback, and didn't "look" the quality of modern competitors. I get the distinctive Lincoln look and I appreciate it, but I think it can be done better. The height of the dash really says old man to me too.

After looking at the second picture Edmunds has, the Navi on the road, I'm starting to get the grilles more and on my way to them growing on me.

Definately "Lincoln", but good lord is that one odd interpretation of it...isn't the least bit cohesive or svelt.

"Eww..." was my first thought, and I almost always like new Fords...

This is one case where I like the old one better...by a LOT :o

Edited by caddycruiser

:wacko:  :alcoholic::wacko:  :alcoholic::wacko:  :alcoholic::wacko:  :alcoholic:

Wow....I still can't get over how offensive this is.

Man, you're really taking it hard. Here's a picture of a Z06 to calm you down.

Posted Image

GAAAAKK.... the grille shape is like a Dodge (the corners, etc). Makes my mom's '05 look subtle by comparison.

Here's a pic of a tasteful, elegant Lincoln with a similar grille texture for contrast.

Posted Image

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook