not very surprising

just saw a list of the worst cars out there and low and behold 4 of the 10 are from GM: Escalade, Aveo, Colorado, and Canyon so much for GM and it's we make reliable cars and trucks. But I am glad to see as usual Buick is not on there. GM should take a page out of Buick and make them the top dog and move Chevy, and Cadilac at the bottom where they belong.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 13

it's an ill researched puff piece that they copied from CR to make themselves feel better while they sit in the Toyota waiting room having their gas pedal replaced.

The JD Powers rating on the Escalade is wrong. It got 7 out of 10, not a 2.

The base their reliability rating on "Consumer Reports Predicted Reliability".... and we all know how that worked out with the Tundra, Camry, and Avalon.

Buying an Escalade for "value" is like screwing for virginity.

The Escalade has 5 star crash ratings and all the safety equipment it's competitors have.

Somehow with the Colorado and Canyon, one it "less worse" than the other, though they are the same truck.

The Wrangler? Really? Has there been a cult car that has been around longer?

The F-250? Really? One of the best selling, if not the best selling, work trucks out there....I doubt it would sell so well if it were the piece of crap that the Tundra is.

In short, this "journalism", and I cringe at even calling it that, isn't worth the bandwidth used to post it.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

just saw a list of the worst cars out there and low and behold 4 of the 10 are from GM: Escalade, Aveo, Colorado, and Canyon so much for GM and it's we make reliable cars and trucks. But I am glad to see as usual Buick is not on there. GM should take a page out of Buick and make them the top dog and move Chevy, and Cadilac at the bottom where they belong.

You obviously don't think before you write, do you?

• Agree 1

:word:

considering I have a high school diploma and you more then likely are still trying to get out of 5th grade, I stick with what was written about those cars. GM is not god If they were then they would not of had to beg the government for money. So go back to your gopher hole and blow it out your a**

• Disagree 9

Lucky thing that Toyota didn't even have to ask the Japanese government for money, they just got it anyway.

Consumer Reports' errors and manipulation of data has been documented for years. The article got the JD powers and safety ratings flat out wrong.

The article is bunk.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

considering I have a high school diploma and you more then likely are still trying to get out of 5th grade, I stick with what was written about those cars. GM is not god If they were then they would not of had to beg the government for money.

e1b1op.gif

• Agree 1

The Colorado/Canyon bashing in the article had me concerned for about 5 minutes... then I remembered my own personal experience going back to 1983 with GM compact trucks, and I wondered wtf they're talking about.

Any list that puts the Escalade amongst the worst cars on the market is so blatantly on crack it doesn't even warrant discussion... not that the ignorant masses (such as yourself) won't continue to use it as pablum for your (sadly) misled opinions.

Within my immediate family we've had exactly 11 GM products since 1994, none of which have been Buicks, none of which have been anything that approaches what the media makes GM products out to be.

Your Logic (with editors note):

Too bad that DTS is such a piece of crap (oh wait it's a Lucerne)

Too bad that Traverse is such a piece of crap (oh wait it's an Enclave)

While you're at it look at the JD Power reliability survey and tell me what car is the most reliable car on the road according to them- I'll give you a hint *cough*Cadillac DTS*cough

Your argument fails at life.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

considering I have a high school diploma and you more then likely are still trying to get out of 5th grade, I stick with what was written about those cars. GM is not god If they were then they would not of had to beg the government for money. So go back to your gopher hole and blow it out your a**

You're going to stick with a single article and justify it by saying you graduated high school? So many different kinds of fail.

And as long as we're bringing education into this, I have an Associates Degree, a Bachelors in Media Studies and a Bachelors in Political Science and in spite of (or possibly because of) that education, I cannot find a single redeeming quality in any post you've ever made. In fact, your posts are some of of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent posts are you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

• Agree 4

You tell 'em. You graduated from the 12th grade, and you don't gotta take shit from no one. Now, get back to the grill and flip my damn burger. I ain't eatin' no burnt-up Big Mac.

Edited by whiteknight

You're going to stick with a single article and justify it by saying you graduated high school? So many different kinds of fail.

And as long as we're bringing education into this, I have an Associates Degree, a Bachelors in Media Studies and a Bachelors in Political Science and in spite of (or possibly because of) that education, I cannot find a single redeeming quality in any post you've ever made. In fact, your posts are some of of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent posts are you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Please add on to the above statement my BAs in Political Science, Communications, Minor in United States History, half of my JD post-grad education, my Commercial Drivers License, and my certificate of commercial driver training issued by the California Department of Consumer Affairs.

I'm going to college in September.

That counts for something.

At least I'll be doing more with my life than Gramps could have ever dreamed of. Maybe ... that's what this is all about?

That and I also have 3 years worth of Vo-Tech classes (each course was supposed to be taken year after year, but they decided to do things in a screwed up way for feeder schools) in Auto Repair.

I can also operate a damn forklift too.

You have a high school diploma huh? Boy what an overachiever you are! I bet not many people have that! You sure showed me! My Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, Major in Graphic Design, Minor in Art History have nothing on you!

I have never seen a member post such consistent amounts of stupid on a forum. Not a single post I've seen from you has any redeeming quality from let, let along anything resembling facts. You live in some sort of delusional fantasy land where you think Buick is a separate entity from General Motors. Got news for you, it's not.

• Agree 1

You have a high school diploma huh? Boy what an overachiever you are! I bet not many people have that! You sure showed me! My Bachelor of Fine Arts degree has nothing on you!

I have never seen a member post such consistent amounts of stupid on a forum. Not a single post I've seen from you has any redeeming quality from let, let along anything resembling facts. You live in some sort of delusional fantasy land where you think Buick is a separate entity from General Motors. Got news for you, it's not.

I would like to add to this....

.......................testicle

That line "considering I have a high-school diploma" has the potential to become one of the greatest C&G memes of the year 2010. I'm calling it.

bring_BUICK_back, you don't impress anyone here saying that. We already have a thread full of posters' educational attainments... maybe you should peruse it.

I brought Gramps his Geritol, rocker, house shoes, and paper. Think this will calm him down?

648_pd228798_1.jpg

891117-wz_705__rocking_chair__large.jpg

2249m.jpg

sunday-paper1.jpg

That line "considering I have a high-school diploma" has the potential to become one of the greatest C&G memes of the year 2010. I'm calling it.

Considering I have a high-school diploma, I shall have to unanimously agree with the correctness of your statement.

Considering I have a high school diploma, I'm inclined to agree, but I would argue that it's added more validity and intelligence to this thread than its poster had originally contributed. IF YOU'RE A BIT SLOW THAT MEANS YOU bring_BUICK_back

I could care less what you red necks think! GM is a piece of shi*t company run by a bunch of idiots. Thats why they attract people like your selves. The only division that is worth anything is Buick and because GM has screwed them over till now. Buick is the only manufacturer that I would buy a car from. If I was in charge Chevy would only sell economy cars The vette would be a Buick and say good by to the Camaro. Buick would have at least 4 more models to their lineup and they would not be remanufactured Opels. They should have home grown models. And if you don't like what I say I could care less. You no good bunch of card carrying butt fu**kers.

• Disagree 4

I could care less what you red necks think! GM is a piece of shi*t company run by a bunch of idiots. Thats why they attract people like your selves. The only division that is worth anything is Buick and because GM has screwed them over till now. Buick is the only manufacturer that I would buy a car from. If I was in charge Chevy would only sell economy cars The vette would be a Buick and say good by to the Camaro. Buick would have at least 4 more models to their lineup and they would not be remanufactured Opels. They should have home grown models. And if you don't like what I say I could care less. You no good bunch of card carrying butt fu**kers.

Alright, time to rein the personal attacks which provoke other members. We are here for a constructive thought process and if it is not possible kindly stay out of the forums.

The guy who did the Insignia and Regal, Jim Federicko, is an American. The Insigna was designed from the start to be a Buick as well as a Saturn. So it's more American than you say.

Escalade is "worst on the road" but the Lexus GX 460 has been just declared "unsafe"...... riiiiight.

As I said in the other thread, I'm no supporter of Consumer Reports, but they went out and bought a second GX to make sure there wasn't a problem with their initial test vehicle.

I could care less what you red necks think!

Gramps, the derogatory rancor reflected in that remark I don't intend to dignify with comment.

GM is a piece of shi*t company run by a bunch of idiots. Thats why they attract people like your selves. The only division that is worth anything is Buick and because GM has screwed them over till now. Buick is the only manufacturer that I would buy a car from. If I was in charge Chevy would only sell economy cars The vette would be a Buick and say good by to the Camaro. Buick would have at least 4 more models to their lineup and they would not be remanufactured Opels. They should have home grown models. And if you don't like what I say I could care less. You no good bunch of card carrying butt fu**kers.

Fucking in the butt, you say?

For a guy who doesn't care what we think, you sure made a hell of a rant there.

Edited by whiteknight

Considering I have a high school diploma, you're all a bunch of massive ####s.

Interesting....

Amazing how we are bored enough around here to talk $h! about nothing.

To bring this back to a positive note...

I really like what's going on with Buick...and with Chryco...