Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

The 2011 Chevrolet Caprice PPV police cars: an inside look

2 posts in this topic

The 2011 Chevrolet Caprice PPV police cars: an inside look

A few days ago, I received a telephone call from a friend and former neighbor. We had a bit of “catching up” to do, and yakked on over the phone for over an hour or so. He had retired with minimum time from a major law enforcement agency a few years back, moving his family to the north area of the state, away from the suburbs where we had been. He surprised me when he mentioned that he was still working part time, for that very same agency.

He asked me not to identify him or the agency because he wanted me to consult with him about a potential new police car that is going to be introduced by the Chevrolet Division of the General Motors Corporation. Sort of like an insider’s view, with no public invitation. I was naturally flattered. It has been quite a few years since my Fleet Manager abilities were called upon. The purpose of the autonomy is that Chevrolet is not letting all their cards out at this time. Apparently, and I say apparently (emphasis added), there are a few prototype units floating around major agencies throughout the USA. Chevrolet is very active in soliciting input from the police agencies and officers that will use these cars for their offices. Chevrolet would neither confirm or deny if that rumor was actual or if any more than a handful of prototypes did in fact, exist.

http://www.allpar.com/squads/police-cars/caprice-ppv.html

I read this a few months back, good read. I just hope anyone that really wants one of these can get one. So far it seems like that can happen. Of course it is subject to change.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0