Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigpoolog

Looking for a pair of SATA Hard Drives

5 posts in this topic

Probably a bit of a long shot, but would anyone on C&G have a pair of identical Hard Drives that they have no use for or want to part with? I'm looking to do a RAID1, and they'll need to be SATA.

Preferably, they'd be at least 320GB and up, but whatever you got, I'm interested. Name your price, and if possible, a shipping estimate. It's probably a bit more expensive going through here, but I'm always good to support members. :)

I have a pair of WD 640gb SATA drives I'm not currently using. I could probably use them eventually, but would consider selling them & investing the money into higher capacity drives (I do a lot of media editing for my work, so high capacity is good.)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148335

Those are the drives, which I paid $70 each plus shipping for. They were purchased on 3/23/2009, and used regularly in a RAID1 config until around 1/12/2010 when I bought 4 750gb caviar black drives for a RAID10 config. The drives haven't been used since then. Looks like comparable drives are now $65 new with free shipping on newegg. Of course these are lightly used.

So, I'm not desperate to sell, but feel free to make an offer...

Whereabouts are you located? I'd like to see what the shipping would run me up, because as far as general estimates go, it's going to be stupid expensive.

Edit: A local place has WD 500 Greens for 46 bucks, so I think I'll try and jump on those.

I'm in southeast Idaho. No prob if you jump on the other drives, as mentioned I can probably get use out of these myself eventually, I just figured since they fit what you were looking for and were currently sitting unused I'd post up.

Yeah, I'm afraid I'll have to pass it up. The rates are just too high, especially since I can get free shipping on a pair of 500's.

Thanks though! :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0