Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Video: Honda CR-Z ad gets crazy with the fog machine

2 posts in this topic

Filed under: Budget, Hybrid, Marketing/Advertising, Videos, Hatchback, Honda

cr-z-fog.jpg
Click above to watch the video after the jump

There has been plenty of debate about the Honda CR-Z around the Autoblog water cooler. Does Honda's sport-inspired mild hybrid have the style, power (122 horsepower), sales appeal and fuel economy numbers (36 miles per gallon city, 38 highway) to make it a legitimate successor to the CRX? We'll have to drive the CR-Z to get the answer to most of our questions, and we'll have to wait for a few months after launch to see whether car buyers will welcome the mild little hybrid with open arms (and wallets).

One thing we do know for sure, though, is that the post-jump European Honda CR-Z promo has too much fog, too many lasers and way too many 1990s-style effects to be cool. That said, it beats the heck out of those bizarre-looking animated jazz videos used to market the Accord Crosstour. Hit the jump to watch the video for yourself and to check out the official press release.

[source: Gaucho Productions via
]

Continue reading Video: Honda CR-Z ad gets crazy with the fog machine

Video: Honda CR-Z ad gets crazy with the fog machine originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

| Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=Igtdb2_500Y:PMauCrPMmqc:wF9xT autoblog?i=Igtdb2_500Y:PMauCrPMmqc:V_sGL
Igtdb2_500Y

View the full article

Weird, and overdone. Who wears driving gloves in a car that gets 122hp? :P

But I do have to dig the videogame thing Honda has going on with CR-Z's dashboard and gauge cluster.