Cars that you once HATED, and now like...

BMW Z4-don't like it as much as the Z3, but it is growing on me.

Chrysler 300-picking my daughter up from her high school, I saw one black on blavk with 22" wheels and a tint, tastefully done...looked kind of badass...I could rock that in an alternative universe...and yeah it had a Hemi.

Charger-I know a lot of people here don't like them, and the rear roof line makes the back seat hard to use...but done up in the Chryco heritage colors, with a Hemi and an after market exhaust....hmmm

Genesis coupe-Selling well around here, as we said before should give the Japanese a run for the $

The new Sonata-Neighbore traded his Porsche Cayene (the Porsche SUV, or whatever it's called) in on one...and actually likes it better than the Porsche. Go figure...guys other car is a seven series BMW and he just brags on the Hyundai of all things.

Ford Flex-kind of growing on me.

Ford Fusion-getting my attention because Ford is doing such a fantastic, great job with fit and finish lately.

What have you all started liking that you used to hate...?

Chris

Starting to like the 370Z more also, and starting to grow a little respect for the G35 and G37...

A new car that is a break from the past, if properly hidden before introduction day, can be a shock to the nervous system. With time, the shock wears off, and the design becomes familiar and right.

I strongly disliked the various Bangle BMW designs when they debuted. But, years later, I do like the Bangle 5 series, esp. in M5 form. There has been a gorgeous red one parked down the street off and on the last couple of days..

As far as the Chrysler LXes, I've always preferred the 300C styling over the Charger. I just don't like the overall shape of the Charger, but I'm sure if I drove a Hemi one I'd like it.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Really?

I still see bangled design as the ruin of BMW (and other cars).

I still don't like the Bangle 7 or Z4, but the 5 for some reason has really grown on me the last couple years, esp. the in some of the details--the headlights, taillights, wheel choices. I've briefly driven a few (a friend traded an '00 540i on an '07 535xi wagon last year, a 530 and 540 at a Cadillac ride-and-drive event a couple years ago).

And I like the Bangle-era 3 series overall, the coupe and coupe-convertible moreso than the sedan.

See I can handle the Z4 but not the 5...

I like the 2nd gen Z4 that's out now way more than the Bangle one..I didn't mind the front or side sculpturing of the Bangle Z4, but I find the decklid dreadful...

Great minds think alike!

1st thing I thought was BMW (Chris Bengle) 7-series & Z4 roadster.

That happens quite often with European, esp. German cars. The 1st Gen. Ford Focus with it's triangular theme was a car I DESPISED initially but it grew on me within a few months & now in hind sight it has aged quite well.

Great minds think alike!

1st thing I thought was BMW (Chris Bengle) 7-series & Z4 roadster.

That happens quite often with European, esp. German cars. The 1st Gen. Ford Focus with it's triangular theme was a car I DESPISED initially but it grew on me within a few months & now in hind sight it has aged quite well.

German cars are something you either "get" or you don't...

Thankfully, lots of people here at C and G "Get" them...

I still don't like the Bangle 7, esp. from the rear. I like the styling of the previous gen 7 and 5 much more. I still don't care for the 6 series, esp. the rear. My favorite era of BMW styling is from around 2002 or so, right before Bangleization.

As far as the thread, as a kid I didn't care for AMCs of the day (like the hideous Pacer and Gremlin, and later Alliance and Encore), but later I grew to really like the Eagles, they were ahead of their time as far as the CUV world goes (kind of went where cars like the Subaru Outback, Audi Allroad, Volvo XC70 would go many years earlier).

Basically all the Bangle cars, especially the 6. Except the X3 (shudder). I saw a pre-Bangle 7-series yesterday and it's sooooo dull and boring.

Couldn't disagree more. Yesterday I saw a bangled 750 following a pre-bangle 750, both in blue. The older car looked elegant, with a taut body stretched over the chassis in a purposeful fashion. The newer car just looked fat and dumpy as it plodded along behind.

Couldn't disagree more. Yesterday I saw a bangled 750 following a pre-bangle 750, both in blue. The older car looked elegant, with a taut body stretched over the chassis in a purposeful fashion. The newer car just looked fat and dumpy as it plodded along behind.

Yeah Pentards in your area are 7-ophiles. I have seen more 7ers in the few times I have been there than my entire time in Orlando.

Bangle has destroyed BMW and even after he is gone the legacy moves on. I do not find one BMW exciting since the last E46.

Buick LaCrosse. The more I look at it, the more I "get it" and like it. I used to prefer the Taurus, but I'm completely bored by its cliched Chrysler 300-esque hindquarters and generic Ford front end. The LaCrosse to me says "Buick" in a new and positive way. I love the swoopy and chrome-covered art deco details inside. It's not sporty, it's not a Teutonic kind of luxury... and that's refreshing.

I'll take a 2011 CXL with the 18" wheels and newly standard 3.6L. The CXS with its 19" chrome wheels is a little bit too much. A comparison video between the Taurus and LaCrosse that swayed me over: