Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Next-gen Hyundai Accent caught totally undisguised

14 posts in this topic

Filed under: Spy Photos, Budget, Sedan, Hyundai

hyundai-verna-spy.jpg
2011 Hyundai Accent spy shots - Click above for high-res image gallery

Looks like we were spot on in our assessment of what we happened to catch out testing near Disneyland in California. As we suspected, the car in question is the next-generation Hyundai Accent, a fact you can clearly discern by comparing our spy shots and an earlier Korean "naked" shot with the two images in our gallery below from auto.ifeng.com.

As you can see, the next-gen Accent takes on a mini-Sonata look, with a heavily-rounded, arcing greenhouse, a prominent chrome-topped grille, and deeply-sculpted sheetmetal everywhere in between. Note also the absolutely massive headlights situated above squared-off fog lamps.

Still second-guessing what you may be gazing at? Take a closer look at the decklid. From what we can tell, the badge on the right reads Verna - that's the Accent's moniker in some foreign markets (including South Korea). See for yourself in our image gallery below. Thanks for the tip, Rudy!

[source: auto.ifeng.com via GenCoupe Forums]

Next-gen Hyundai Accent caught totally undisguised originally appeared on Autoblog on Sat, 17 Apr 2010 11:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=xynBsVrTO0I:HUxTlKe8snc:wF9xT autoblog?i=xynBsVrTO0I:HUxTlKe8snc:V_sGL
xynBsVrTO0I

View the full article

Next-gen Hyundai Accent caught totally undisguised

Looks like we were spot on in our assessment of what we happened to catch out testing near Disneyland in California. As we suspected, the car in question is the next-generation Hyundai Accent, a fact you can clearly discern by comparing our spy shots and an earlier Korean "naked" shot with the two images in our gallery below from auto.ifeng.com.

As you can see, the next-gen Accent takes on a mini-Sonata look, with a heavily-rounded, arcing greenhouse, a prominent chrome-topped grille, and deeply-sculpted sheetmetal everywhere in between. Note also the absolutely massive headlights situated above squared-off fog lamps.

Still second-guessing what you may be gazing at? Take a closer look at the decklid. From what we can tell, the badge on the right reads Verna - that's the Accent's moniker in some foreign markets (including South Korea). See for yourself in our image gallery below. Thanks for the tip, Rudy!

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/17/next-hyundai-accent-caught-undisguised/

front looks kinda mazda 6ish...?

Hyundai is on a roll. I've heard a few people talk about how much they love the new Sonata.

Looks good...family resemblance to the Sonata. So this is going to be the Cruze competitor? Or is that the Elantra? The current Accent seems to be more of a B-seg model like the Aveo, Versa, Fiesta...

I'd say this will still be the Aveo/Fiesta competitor...the Elantra should be the Cruze/Focus competitor...on that note, I gotta say Hyundai seems to have really gotten their act together in the design department....not all the Sonata's styling will look good shrunk down, but this is definitely better than most in the segment...

I like it, it looks better than a Cruze or Corolla, and all it has to do is go against the Fiesta, Aveo and Yaris. The Fiesta looks good, but the rest of that class is terrible. One thing I don't like is the big grille below the bumper, a lot of car companies are doing that lately, and I'm not sure why. The upper grille should be larger than the lower grille, and how much gray plastic do you need on the front of a car.

It looks bizarre. Definitely baby Klingon in appearance, and you all know how babies have different proportions than adults.

Looks better than the Sonata up front.

It looks bizarre. Definitely baby Klingon in appearance, and you all know how babies have different proportions than adults.

No 'blu, please explain to us the anatomical differences between babies and adults.

Babies have proportionally giant heads, and eyes, v. an adult. This Accent looks like I'd imagine a baby Klingon, with the Sonata being an adult. Your diploma should have clued you in on what I was talking about.

I wonder if they will do a hybrid version with an evil fish face like the Sonata hybrid.

Yuck! Another black plastic slab on the C-pillar. Do designers really think that these cheap looking C-pillar fakeouts look good?

Other than that questionable styling faux pas, it is a nice looking subcompact sedan. I probably wouldn't consider it because of the silly looking black plastic slab on the C-pillar. It's definitely a pet peeve of mine and I consider it a deal breaker on any car that has this styling travesty.