Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

The Help Camino Thread

Camino LS6

the equinox is pretty nice as long as ya dont mind the rough shifting on the auto

also if your not dead set on GM.......

-the CR-V isnt bad and if ya dont mindugly and want to be able to just hose it out the element is okay they just dont have any pickup

-escape is nice to i havent had any major compaints about those in the last few years

-liberty is nice as a new one and as far as used a two door cherokee is fun too

-the rx series from lexuz is nice and no matter what year you get its still gonna be high quality

those are just in what style i would get for my own two dogs (regardless of size) but your needs would be dif and tastes as well

Edited by mute

Is an lightly-used SRX more than you want to spend? Or is it possible "too nice" since you'll be having dogs in it a lot of the time? I know I suggested it before but since you didn't say anything I thought maybe you didn't see it.

Seriously, $30k for a 2004 SRX V8 AWD with quite a few features is a pretty damn good price, IMO, considering the price of new ones.

I've always had a soft spot for these, or the Yukon GT sibling. If you could find a '94, I think that was the first year for the Vortec 5700.

Northie, although I may have missed the point initially by suggesting a Trailblazer Super Sport, I think our boy Camino is doing this so he can save for a new Camaro when they come out. He needs something much cheaper, yet reliable, to sustain him until he can fulfill his goal. Edited by ocnblu

Hmmm... a late-model Cherokee is hard to beat... bulletproof 4.0L inline six

Funny you should say that. The penultimate time I went to Las Vegas, Thrifty upgraded me from a Stratus to a Jeep Grand Cherokee due to lack of cars. It had a V8. I liked the sled, but it slurped up the petrol. I liked sitting up high and it handled nicely through Vegas's traffic snarls. I thought about a 4.0 (six cyl., not GPA) after seeing the badges out there on Jeeps. Come to find out, that engine is a goner, having been replaced by the 3.7 a-l-u-m-i-n-u-m V6. I used to work with the most obnoxious NJ guy (still liked him because he was so funny in an uncensored way) who had am early 90s Jeep 4.0 L6 with 215,000 miles that he did not take care of because marijuana was more important than maintenance. I guess the demise of that engine offering has pushed me away from considering this vehicle. But, if you can snatch (no pun intended) a late model well-maintained 4.0 L6, that could be a good thing.

(Incidentally, the NJ guy got fired and moved back to Jersey).