Sign in to follow this  
NewsFeeder

Beijing 2010: 2011 Hyundai Accent debuts as Verna across the Pacific

Filed under: Budget, Sedan, Hyundai, Beijing Motor Show

hyundai-verna-1280-01-copy.jpg
Hyundai Verna- Click above for high-res image gallery

Hyundai's fluidic sculpture design language has now spread to the smallest vehicle in its lineup, and the new sub-compact slated to take the place of the aging Accent was unwrapped on the floor of the Beijing Motor Show. We've been seeing spy shots of the next generation Accent for some time and it very clearly follows the same design path as its big brother the Sonata.

The little sedan, badged the Verna outside the U.S., has the same rounded coupe-like greenhouse and rising crease up the sides. Inside the Verna/Accent definitely has a more attractive, higher-quality feel than the current model, although calling it up-scale would be slightly disingenuous. We'll have to wait and see what kind materials the North American model gets before making a decision.

Power is slated to come from either a 1.4- or 1.6-liter inline-four, producing 106 horsepower and 120 hp, respectively, with a standard five-speed manual gearbox or four-speed automatic. Expect the U.S. version to come packing the larger four-pot when it goes on sale early next year. Full details in the press release after the jump.

Photos by Sam Abuelsamid / Copyright ©2010 Weblogs, Inc.

Continue reading Beijing 2010: 2011 Hyundai Accent debuts as Verna across the Pacific

Beijing 2010: 2011 Hyundai Accent debuts as Verna across the Pacific originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 23 Apr 2010 09:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=Q8o-NL3brv8:TgqgzGvnC6A:wF9xT autoblog?i=Q8o-NL3brv8:TgqgzGvnC6A:V_sGL
Q8o-NL3brv8

View the full article

This actually looks quite good. I think it wears Hyundai's design language better than the Sonata. It helps a lot that they went with a less busy grill and less funky headlight shapes. Interior looks good as well. I still prefer the Fiesta and Aveo, but this is much better looking than most of the rest of the class.

I think for most Americans, given the choice between this Accent sedan and the USDM Fiesta sedan, they'd prefer the more conservatively styled Hyundai. The interior, while nothing special in design, looks high quality and functional.

I'd still choose the Fiesta myself, especially the hatch, but I think Ford shouldn't expect the same level of success here compared to in Europe, where it's the best selling car there. Certainly doesn't help they dumbed down some of its looks.

Looks pretty well executed, other than the 4-speed automatic is a shame. Toyota should be worried.

Looks pretty well executed, other than the 4-speed automatic is a shame.

That's what I was thinking...I wonder why they didn't put something other than a 4-speed in it...what transmission does the Sonata have?

Looks respectable, but not very interesting/exciting. Seems like a car someone would choose if they want a somewhat stylish a-to-b car. I don't see much appeal for car enthusiasts.

not a knockout but certainly pleasant and looks probably more spendy than what it will sell for. not impressed with the interior.

Too many awkward lines that don't really flow or make sense. They really have to stop doing that.

The Elantra is a much better effort, probaly the best looking car they've done in recent memory.

Looks respectable, but not very interesting/exciting. Seems like a car someone would choose if they want a somewhat stylish a-to-b car. I don't see much appeal for car enthusiasts.

Ture, but this car sells on price. If the price doesn't skyrocket up (stay around 10k to start), I can see this doing quite well...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook