Sign in to follow this  
Cory Wolfe

Chevy Fullsize Sedan

28 posts in this topic

Cory Wolfe    263

Posted Image

Just an idea I had. Came up with the body first and then tried to give it a front. The front has evolved, let's just say. What you see is what I thought finally fit with the body. Basically, my inspiration is all over. From 70s Chevelles and Impalas to 80s Monte Carlos and much more. I just took what I liked, applied it, and made it into a sedan. :P

Now though... what to name it? Impala? Chevelle? Caprice? You tell me... as IDK. :D

mjdecker    0

reminds me a bit of an audi in the front end where the rear reminds me a bit of an astin martin. Not too bad but the front is a bit borring.

*chuckles*

For whatever reason, I thought of these names:

Chevalla

Capalla

*shrugs*

Whatever you call it BV, I think it is one fine drawing! I'd probably buy one ;).

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"I wonder if it's too late" ... Nickelback ... 'Photograph'

Capalla

If spelled Capella... this is actually the name of the last Mazda 626 in Japan.

I'm not sure if the rear end like a hatch would do. Could very potentially be a Maxx replacement, but the overall design scheme doesn't seem to fit where Chevy is going right now.

Cory Wolfe    263

I'm not sure if the rear end like a hatch would do. Could very potentially be a Maxx replacement, but the overall design scheme doesn't seem to fit where Chevy is going right now.

It's not a hatch. It's a fastback... and coupe like. I didn't want it to look like a sedan at all, other than having 4 doors. I did make the rear and a little short, but I always do. I hate long rears. :P

As for the design scheme... where is Chevy going right now? Impala? Cobalt? Camaro? Tahoe? I don't get it... In some ways, I think it's a good thing it's not going where Chevy is, as either way I don't really like it.

mustang84    12

Not sure if I like the rear end so much...the trunk seems awfully small for such a large car. Personally, I'm not really a fan of greenhouses that flow into the rear deck like a hatchback unless it is a fastback coupe or a sportscar.

The front looks pretty good though.

ocnblu    733
I like the front clip. Not sure about the rest of it though. It's too short out the back, and the greenhouse isn't particularly "fitting", imo.

It's not a hatch. It's a fastback... and coupe like. I didn't want it to look like a sedan at all, other than having 4 doors. I did make the rear and a little short, but I always do. I hate long rears. :P

As for the design scheme... where is Chevy going right now? Impala? Cobalt? Camaro? Tahoe? I don't get it... In some ways, I think it's a good thing it's not going where Chevy is, as either way I don't really like it.

Check this:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...?showtopic=2536

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...?showtopic=2538

As for the "coupe-like" body style, I think it fits Pontiac more (oh wait, it's BV, that's why...). The current gen Grand Prix and (IMO) the G6 are desiged to be four-door coupes in mind. I'd say Chevy should go a bit more on the "traditional" (but not bland) style.

Charger4U    0

leather that bad boy up and i think a good 300c competitor

Cory Wolfe    263

As for the "coupe-like" body style, I think it fits Pontiac more (oh wait, it's BV, that's why...). The current gen Grand Prix and (IMO) the G6 are desiged to be four-door coupes in mind. I'd say Chevy should go a bit more on the "traditional" (but not bland) style.

Oh... you finally understand?!?!? Yeah, you must figure that it's me and I will only sketch what I like. :D

Anyways, thanks for all the comments, guys. Appreciate them, as always.

It makes me think Chevy because as soon as I saw it I thought of this...

*grins*

Great pic of a beautiful blue MC SS :).

And, if you look "behind" that red car to the right ... believe that white car is a MC SS Aerocoupe!

Move the rear wheel forward about 7-10 inches so that it has RWD proportions... I think Chevelle is most appripriate wiht this styling, about time it made a reappearance in the Chevy lineup. :)

Cory Wolfe    263

Move the rear wheel forward about 7-10 inches so that it has RWD proportions... I think Chevelle is most appripriate wiht this styling, about time it made a reappearance in the Chevy lineup. :)

It already has RWD proportions. I don't like any unnecessary length, as you can see. There is no need to add length. It's not a Corvette with a mid-ship mounted engine, you know. :P

ocnblu    733
It does have Chevy in it, but something about the execution dilutes the message. I can't put my finger on it. The lower line on the doors looks Olds-y to me. I don't know, I know you need something there to fill that space, but...

ehaase    18

You should modify the picture to make it look like a potential Pontiac G8. I see the large RWD Chevrolet being more of a traditional sedan, but the Pontiac should be sportier. But you did a very good job overall.

Cory Wolfe    263

The sidewindows on cars these days...they are getting narrower and narrower

Is that necessarily a bad thing? I mean... as long as it's not too extreme or anything. I know I just don't want this something like this to make a return anything soon, which looks entirely wrong:

Posted Image

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this